It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Signs of why?

page: 1

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:47 PM
Last night I went downtown in my dream
into a city I helped create,
but there were strangers there
they were all carrying signs.

Our eyes met...
we lifted our signs as if to let them speak.
There were so many of them
and each had a different message.

I had to look at mine to see what it said.
There written in black Sharpie
was my personal life's question.
WHY? Just why...why...why.

None of the other signs
seemed to provide an answer.
There was passion, commitment,
anger, venom, judgment, and even humor.

But there were no signs of compassion
and no signs of forgiveness.
There were signs calling for justice
but there were also signs of racism and bigotry.

I wandered the streets
looking for others like me.
There was violence all around,
war appeared to be winning over peace.

There were police there
they told me to turn back,
that I was breaking the law,
but my question wouldn't let me

They pepper sprayed me,
blinding my question,
then tazered for good measure.
I stood with tears in my eyes.

I began to weep and weep,
not for what they had done
but because my question remained

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: Correct spacing

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
a reply to: grayeagle

Ummm...Hello again GrayEagle...As you've probably noticed...I too ask this question...almost daily I might add...

The only plausible answer I've discerned thus that we are territorial animals by nature...lactating mammals...We may have a bit of advantage over other species that share this wonderful world...we may have shinier dens and like to think we have reached some pinnacle of evolution...
When I break it all down into it's constituent parts that's the answer I keep coming back to...Probably not the answer you were looking for...

How have you been my friend...I haven't heard from you in quite a while...

Be well

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
a reply to: YouSir

Hello friend! I appreciate your response! Sometimes I find it hard to be optimistic. It appears to be a continuous battle between light and dark, and between good and evil. The beauty of the earth and the heavens appears to be forgotten amidst the greed and avarice that is destroying so much of our world. I have been busy writing and working on art projects. How about you? Have you had a good year?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM

Ummm...I have had a good year...they're all precious to me...
I know what you mean about light and dark...lately I've been going through the some of my recent threads can attest...
Not forgotten by me my friend...I'm all about the beauty of the heavens and earth...

I made up my mind today though to let that soul shadow slip away...that I'm not going to contribute to the darkening of the human spirit any longer...too many involved in that already...Why don't you join me and renounce the grip of negativism...
Maybe it's true that the universe gives back what you put forth...if so...then I wish it only well...

Look to the light...GrayEagle...

Be well...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:41 PM

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:31 AM

Perhaps the sign you are holding is for you.
Why are you asking why? There is no why...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:16 AM

What concerns me is I don't want my turning away from the negative to become a form of denial. You are right that there is a terrible disease of negative on the planet right now but I don't want to become numb to those who are hurting.
If the picture or story of suffering doesn't form an emotional response in me then what have I become? I believe in the transformative power of love and compassion. I believe that people can change and do change. I guess right now that is the positive I hold onto. My own personal peace will never be fully experienced until I share it with everyone else. So peace to you my brother.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: correction

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:22 AM
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for sharing what is soo true! When we can no longer see as children part of the world dies. How are you my friend? I hope you have had a good year! May the peace we seek be shared by all.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:32 AM
a reply to: midicon

Yes, for sure the sign is for me. I am asking why because I care. If there were no why then why would you comment? I am not afraid to ask why. I care about you and my brothers and sisters here on ATS and in this world. The morality of everything we do is determined by the motive behind it. Why is the question that checks our motives. Peace to you my friend and thanks for taking the time to read and to respond.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:08 AM

I say the sign is for you because it was a dream. Let me add if I may...

A while ago, here on ATS a poem was written about forgiveness and a place where all questions are answered. I replied in kind giving an answer...sort of using the writers own words. The last few lines went...

And you were never lost
You just thought you were
I am right here beside you
The old friend, the dear friend
Who sits and holds your hand
And questions fall away
Like ghosts
Eternally becoming
Free from forgiveness

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM

Ummm...not denial GrayEagle...acceptance...that both aspects...the dichotomous sides of our nature...are part of us and always will be...the yin yang...good bad...

What I mean by no longer letting that out of balance lean toward negativity have control over your thought and mood...Let your persona regain balance which in my reality becomes a joyful sorrow...acknowledgement of negativity...with an active compassion...

It's precisely where you were's precisely where you will be again...
You know the story of two dogs...Whichever you feed the most my friend...nothing more...

Be well brother...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:35 PM

Thank you sir. Much better understood now! Living balanced really is a key to real peace. Sometimes my thinking and writing wobble a bit. Allowing myself emotional venting definitely has its pros and cons. Walking the length of a 2 X 4 laying on the ground becomes another matter when it is 20 feet off the ground. The power of perspective is palpable.

new topics

top topics