It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people want to bomb the h**l out of the middle east

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
they are doing a pretty good job of bombing themselves

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Regarding the question posed by the thread title, I think the quick answer would be because we’re a bunch of blood-thirsty, knuckle-dragging, Neandertal rejects with a John Wayne complex. We don’t waste no stinking breath; we just bomb, bomb, bomb it away.

You know, all the armchair warriors out here screaming for more bombs and boots on the ground might change their tune if the bombs were falling over here. But since they’re not, we can threaten the ME/world with a swift and sudden Christian death all while sitting here in our safe little bubble, in our overstuffed easychairs, eating Nachos while watching Duck Dynasty.

Neat, huh? It’s called New Wave Heroism. Made in the U.S.A.

God Bless America!!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Until your post I never heard anyone say we ought to "bomb the hell out of the Middle East." How many people have said that? Half a dozen? Trump? Sounds about right, but is just a guess. You make this broad claim with zero evidence. You just wanted to post the graph, huh?

I've heard this over and over throughout the past decade from many different people. "Just turn it all to glass, nuke them," "We did it to Japan and we've been at peace with them, so why not," "they are all terrorists, just wipe out the whole region." So yes, I don't know what 'proof' you want. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it isn't a popular belief.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

"Because the pure form of Freedom and Democrazy comes in the form of a Double Quarter Pounder with extra cheese, fries and a thickshake, where for just 50c extra you can upgrade to "large".

Oh, and we need the oil under their dirt - which is their problem not ours.

God bless America".

Your Sincerely,
The US Government

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: buster2010

Actually its Muslims that think the 12th Imam will show up. Yes, there is a prophecy that Damascus will be totally destroyed But I thought Obama was a Muslim?

It's funny how the Muslim whiners overlook at how when Israel was formed the idiots started crying it's a sign of the end of times has started ever since then the evangelical morons in our government have done everything they can to push for war in the ME. Including the last idiot that launched his "crusade" against the Muslims because he said that is where Gog and Magog will be.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: smurfy

Sure, it was. Wiping a whole city or two in a flash or an instant a great way to give them a message instead of going in thru with the huge muscular arms like Schwarzenegger .

I mean you guys were enjoying the luxuries of being in bliss at the time, that when Japan hit you guys, then guys decided to hold hands, and be heroes. While the Brits, the French, the Chinese, and the Canadians were at the front lines for the majority of it.

Never mind the supposed ed rumors that the Government might have been aware of it of an attack on Pearl Harbour, which got you guy into the war in the first place.

What in the name of Harry are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

He is unhappy that it took the US joining WWII to bring it to an end.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Greetings-

Because "We" want to become "Muslims" "We" are after all Chris†ian™ nations and 'We' follow The Bible and in The Bible it reads "Treat the way You want to be treated" so 'We' send our Department of Defense to do the job of the Department of Offense and "defend" ourselves 6,000 miles away from where 'We' dwell and then wonder what is the problem..

Anybody remember The Shah in Iran? Too far back? Okay how about like 9 months ago when 'We' wanted Assad out of Syria and after politely asking Mr. Assad refused to leave so send in the mongers..

Why not check Afghanistan and ask why they are pissed off, back in 2001 they only supplied 7% of the world's supply of opium (opiate pain meds for BigPHarma™ and bodies out of the heroin arrests (private jails and prisons) now that percentage has grown to 87%+ so their economy is GROWING right? what can be wrong?

------

The rub is that extremists on both sides of Abraham's Seed wants Jesus to show up, then ALL will be well except for those non-believers...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

He is unhappy that it took the US joining WWII to bring it to an end.

He might be, (although he doesn't read so good) in which case he is sadly deluded as to the use of atomic weapons since the Japanese were already defeated.
McArthur already understood that,

"General Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in the Pacific, was not even consulted about the use of the bomb. He was only notified two days before the first bomb was dropped. When he was informed he thought …it was completely unnecessary from a military point of view.’ MacArthur said that the war might ‘end sooner than some think.’ The Japanese were ‘already beaten.”
Harry S. Truman was given a figure for casualties of 40 thousand men for a mainland invasion, that figure grew exponentially to a half million by the time he wrote his memoirs ten years later, schoolbook history then??

Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson recitation of the relevant facts,
" I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives"

General Curtis LeMay,who was responsible for the firebombing of Japanese cities was also disappointed with the decision to drop the bomb. In an exchange with reporters he said,
“The war would have been over in two weeks without the Russians entering and without the atomic bomb."

Admiral Chester Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet, sent out the following public statement: “The atomic bomb played no decisive part."
Chief of Staff Admiral William D. Leahy went even further, insisting that even the contemplated invasion of Japan was unnecessary to end the war.

Admiral William F. Halsey, Jr., Commander U.S. Third Fleet. He said, “[The scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it. . . . It killed a lot of Japs, but the Japs had put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before.”

One fact is after all that, the airforce firebombing had already killed a hundred thousand and more Japanese people than the figure for any Atomic weapon that eventually was used.

edit on 7-12-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here you go , the reasons :
1) Too many bombs , too little time to use them
2) Like to see them go boom ?
3) Gotta use the ones they have to be able to make more and better ?
4) Show the world what they are capable of?
5) That feelgood feeling?
6) And the usual all of the above and anything else following the lines of self-serving , egotistical behavior .

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

The whole problem in the middle east is Israel, or more particularly Israels hold over the US. Israelis are the only people in the world who can hold duel citizenship and at the same time be a politician or a government appointee of the US.

No citizens from any other country are permitted to do this. So spend some time wondering why might this be so and what are the implications of this? It must be difficult not to consider the possibility that somebody certainly has influence over somebody else and they can therefore influence the foreign policy of that player.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Why do people want to bomb the h**l out of the middle east

They have tiny little brains. That really is the truth.

Tiny Little Brains.

Can't be helped. We grow them here by the dozens.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
if i had a vote it would be to bomb the shat out of the ME

they are not worth the aggravation

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

mwalker:

if i had a vote it would be to bomb the shat out of the ME they are not worth the aggravation

See?

People equate bombing the ME with the convenience of 7/11.

How do we overcome this? Despite knowing that our country has achieved the power of Bentham's "Panopticon"?

I #n blame Bon Jovi

As for the traditional Western gunfight as depicted in movies, the inaccuracy of handguns at the time would have made quick-drawing skill irrelevant: It was simply so unlikely you'd hit a guy on the first, second or third shot that it didn't really matter which guy got out his gun first.

6 Ridiculous History Myths (You Probably Think Are True)

Can't wait to do a thread about the history of dueling.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChosenCorbyn
Haven't you heard? There are 70,000 good jihadi's on the ground waiting for us to bomb ISIS so they can start a beautiful new democratic Syria!! The Prime Minister of Britain said it, it must be true!

I'll excuse the ignorance of your statement because looking at your avatar I can understand it. The UK plan is not to bomb the hell out of anything other than key strategic installations that have fallen to ISIS control to reduce the base of operations in the country. You will notice that bombings so far (unlike those by Russia) have concentrated on areas such as oil refineries taken over by ISIS that generate revenue for them.

The 70,000 you speak of are not on the whole referred to as jihadi's by anyone with any intelligence because for one reason or another they are fighting against Asaad not as a religious war (that would be Jihad), but one for regime change in the country. The military action isn't to bring about regime change or in itself to in any way kick start a 'beautiful new democratic Syria', it's to lessen the effectiveness of ISIS as part of a larger goal to irradicate a large terrorist threat.

Sorry if that all sounds a little bit more complicated than your attempt at a populist crack at action taken, but it's always best not to try and twist things to fit your own narrative isn't it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

Do you people not understand what that does? It creates more ISIS members.

It is not rocket science, so why would you advocate for more radicals?

Just thought I would ask because no one seems to use logic when asking fro America to bomb the H**l out of a place.

Because talking them to death works SO well. . . . . .

The proper method of dealing with terrorists is somewhere in the middle.

You say "You Bomb People" We're not bombing innocent civilians. We are bombing terrorists who attack us and then run and attempt to use innocent civilians as human shields. That's not on us, that is on them. We have a right to defend ourselves and our allies. They are committing war crimes by hiding amongst civilians. Often times I hear that Americans have no 'honor' because we use bombs from airplanes to kill terrorists. Funny how certain progressive types never whine about Islamists lack of honor for hiding in Mosques and launching rocket attacks from common marketplaces.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Until your post I never heard anyone say we ought to "bomb the hell out of the Middle East." How many people have said that? Half a dozen? Trump? Sounds about right, but is just a guess. You make this broad claim with zero evidence. You just wanted to post the graph, huh?

The phrase "turn the middle east into a glass car-park" surfaces periodically.
edit on 144996651712bSat, 12 Dec 2015 18:28:37 -0600pmth0000001200000037 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Namely, the two leading candidates running for the Republucan nomination for POTUS!

Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, that's who!

Hell, Ted Cruz said he's gonna carpet bomb them into oblivion and find out if he can make their sand glow in the dark!

Trump on the other hand, only said he'd bomb the s#%t out of them.

Don't act like no one's saying it and don't act like their not commanding the Republucan ticket by doing so either.

It's as plain as the nose on your face.

To answer the question presented in the OP, it's because there's a Bible thumping neo-conservative, right-wing element here in America determined to live out their precious Holy War prophecy that they believe signals the second coming of their savior.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Because talking them to death works SO well. . . . . .

The proper method of dealing with terrorists is somewhere in the middle.

You say "You Bomb People" We're not bombing innocent civilians. We are bombing terrorists who attack us and then run and attempt to use innocent civilians as human shields. That's not on us, that is on them. We have a right to defend ourselves and our allies. They are committing war crimes by hiding amongst civilians. Often times I hear that Americans have no 'honor' because we use bombs from airplanes to kill terrorists. Funny how certain progressive types never whine about Islamists lack of honor for hiding in Mosques and launching rocket attacks from common marketplaces.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he's actually referring to our current anti-ISIS air campaign.

I think those people over there want all the help they can get to combat ISIS.

I think the thread's author is referring to those people who are advocating for carpet bombing the whole "region" into oblivion and/or going after their entire families.

Namely Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and their supporters. Or, about half the Republican Party.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Pretty simple really OP, people that have never had to go to war think its glorious and noble.

People like me, who have actually been to wars know that absolutely nothing comes of it but destruction. On many levels. Most Americans have absolutely no idea what its like to live in a for real warzone day in and day out.

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join