It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.K. govt. Publishes "Defense Against U.S." Document

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, here we go again. It seems that North Korea is fearing an invasion from the United States, what with all the building pressure that the U.S. is putting against its nuclear weapons' program:

channels.aimtoday.com.../ff/story/0001%2F20050105%2F0650456123.htm&sc=1104

"Analysts said the guidelines reflected Pyongyang's fear over a possible U.S. military strike amid stalled talks on its nuclear weapons programs. They said the guidelines were also meant to whip up a sense of crisis among its 22 million people, reportedly growing discontent amid economic hardship."

Well, seems we might have another war on our hands folks. This is the first time that N.K. has publically said anything of this, in the outside world at least.

What do you all think?

-wD

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
...just maybe, mind you:

Maybe they're feeling a tad threatened by the perpetual war that the U.S. current regime has invented?

Maybe they fear they will be made a "target of convinience", used as a scapegoat for the U.S.'s grab for resources and control?

Maybe they want to plan for any sort of aggression that might come their way because of the current U.S. policy against soverign nations who do not bow before the N.W.O. that is being cultivated at the moment.

But that'd be silly, right?

Best of luck to you,

X

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The U.S. stamped NK with the "Axis of Evil" moniker along with Iraq which has already been invaded. There is no sign that the U.S. is going to stop this war of aggression so NK has every reason to believe they are next and are rightfully preparing for an apparent eventuality. Much as Iran has been doing with its own war games.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I hear they tried to but Uranium from Niger!!!

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
All in favour for a better life for the North Korean people. But I am not certain if the US can go it alone, financially, politically and strategically. Wars cost mucho mucho dinero. The US$ is coming down a very slippery slope and does not seem to be able to apply brakes to the slide. Countries are beginning to de-dollarize their economies. Psychologically, they are not mutually exclusive. World confidence is weak. Whether rightly or wrongly, there is widespread sentiment in the world markets that the US cannot financially afford to continue this occupation of Iraq, let alone invade another country.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
tell that to our corperate elite, who make billions off of war, i doubt they give a rats arse about the welfare of the global economy. as long as their pockets are full, bombs away! with NK out of the picture the global market for weaponry will be that much more monopolized by my homeland USA.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If the US$ continues its slide, the corporate elite will certainly get hurt. Imports will become more expensive. This is not a gradual slide. Manufacturers and retailers in the US will not have time to adjust their costing and pricing policies. It's gotta be hurting some large corporations already.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I don't know if that was an attack or just sarcasm, X, but I'm simply reporting.

Anywho, I know they have good reason to prepare, but I don't like NK much anyways. And, I am confident that the NK people would be better off if they were liberated, because people, lets face it - the NK govt. ( a dictatorship) isn't all that friendly or happy-go-lucky, eh?

Cheers,

-wD

new topics

top topics

join