It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to begin trade talks with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

FTW article By Daniel Dombey

Trade talks between Iran and the European Union are set to begin on January 12 as the EU drive to improve ties with Tehran gathers pace.

Source

(Apologies in advance if someone has covered this, could not find anything in search)

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So be it. The EU is not allie to the US anyhow. If you ask me, a Cold War is brewing. Started with the Euro crushing the Dollar, crying about the American invasion into Iraq, and the crying about Americans not donating enough money to the Tsunami victim nations. If a Cold War does occur, of course, America is likely to be crying in the end, considering it's already over-inflated military budget and the fact that everyone already hates the US (let's make some more enemies). Everyone wins, and loses.

Massive ammount of miliatary units on one side of the ocean, massive ammount of technology on the other. It'll be rough, but different. I do hope that the EU publicly calls the US a bully or something. I think that may keep Cold War II away. I mean, if you're called a bully, and don't wish to be looked upon in that maner, why body build, right?

It's too bad, I don't particularly like any regime out there right now. I don't like the EU, the US or The Soviet Union II either. All three have been barking at eachother, it's only a matter of time before one tries to bite. Sadly, I don't think either side deserves the honor of winning politically or militarily against one of the other regimes.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Certainly looks as if alliances are forming. Could this be to try and make the U.S reconsider any attacks on Iran that may, or may not have been in the pipeline?

join