It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was tempted to worship Satan!? So desiring to worship Satan is Jesus-like!? (video explains)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tempestking
a reply to: alientransfer

just one thing id like to say and that is how do you now that jesus was tempted to worship satan is it writen in the bible ?

Yes, the video I linked to has an essay which quotes the place.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
But your argument is based on the interpretation of the Jacobean English word "tempted", so that's what I'm discussing.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
But your argument is based on the interpretation of the Jacobean English word "tempted", so that's what I'm discussing.

So since you want to talk about language, then talk about the ancient Greek language which the New Testament was written in. The ancient Gods were terrible Gods who tempted people and forsook people. Since Matt 27:46 is in the bible, it seems that God the Father is more Theos the Father. And that would have a lot to do with whether or not Jesus was tempted because everything was written in ancient Greek which would have no problem with putting ideas which look terrible to people today.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

it doesn't say that, here four different versions.

Matthew 4:1-11King James Version (KJV)
1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Matthew 4:1-11New King James Version (NKJV)
4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.
3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”[a]
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,
6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’ and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”[c]
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”
10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e]
11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Matthew 4:1-11New American Standard Bible (NASB) The Temptation of Jesus
4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
2 And after He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He [a]then became hungry.
3 And the tempter came and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.” 4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’”
5 Then the devil *took Him into the holy city and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple,
6 and *said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written, ‘He will command His angels concerning You’; and ‘On their hands they will bear You up, So that You will not strike Your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus said to him, “On the other hand, it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”
8 Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory;
9 and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and [c]worship me.”
10 Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and [d]serve Him only.’”
11 Then the devil *left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

Matthew 4:1-11New International Version (NIV) Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil.
2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.
3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”
11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

now if you notice all four say he became hungry. and that the tempter came to him saying, turn and took him 2 times,.

no where does it say he thought of turning a stone to bread, or going up on a mountain and jumping off, or going up to a high place and wordhipping satan. those thoughts were not his, they were satans trying to get him to give into temptation.

edit on 7-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: ie satan dared him to do it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

now if you notice all four say he became hungry. and that the tempter came to him saying, and took him 2 times,.

no where does it day he thought of turning a stone to bread, or going up on a mountain, or going up to a high place. those thoughts were not his, they were satans trying to get him to give into temptation.

It says Jesus was "tempted", that word means that he did desire to TURN, THROW, and WORSHIP. It doesn't say the Devil tried to tempt Jesus but rather that the Devil did.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
From my old Bible study classes when I was a kid, the way I understood it was that Jesus wasn't tempted to worship Satan, but rather fully express his equivalence to God. That's quite a different thing, and actually fairly in line with the old story of Adam and Eve. Satan -- who lives in the Tree of Knowledge -- has always been about trying to get people to recognize that they are essentially gods. Of course, this is a huge threat to "God," which is a social construct.

In the end, with the use of his sorcery and necromancy, Jesus did eventually become God, and I guess you could say he did end up following Satan. He became a transcendent god-man, and the Gnostic Jesus encouraged other people to do it too.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you want to talk about New Testament Greek, the Greek version of Matthew says that Jesus went into the wilderness where he PEIRASTHENAI. (ch4 v1)
Look that up in the lexicons, and you will find the meaning of PEIRASTHENAI is that he was "tested, put to the test, put on trial".
In other words, in modern English, he was tested. Not tempted. End of story.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

what, where in the four does it say he thought about any of it before the tempter came?
where does it say that he thought about turning a rock into bread before the tempter came?
where does it say that he thought about going up on a mountain and jumping off before the tempter came?
where does it say he thought that hr thought about going up to a high place and falling down to worship satan before the tempter came?

they only say he was hungry, a natural human feeling man has. is it a sin to feel hungry?
all others where suggestions / dares from the tempter.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Um!
later in the Bible Jesus turns water into wine!
and makes more food from some fish and bread!
And turns wine to Blood? vampires?
doing tricks!

so did he realy take satans gift??

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

uh your confusing two different people.
Jesus did water into wine and feed the multitudes on the mountains.

Moses was the one that said the lord would turn water to blood.

if you can show me where Jesus turned wine to blood. and it says he took the cup with wine and said this is my blood, not that he turned the wine to blood, it's symbolism. thats why
he said

The Gospel of Matthew (26:27-29)
And He took a cup and when He had given thanks He gave it to them saying "Drink this, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I shall not drink again of the fruit of the vine until I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom."[/ex]

notice he called it the "fruit of the vine". which he used the vine, limb, fruit symbolism before in explaining other things he was saying.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Incidentally, I notice that all three of your threads have been created out of one and the same video.
Milking it somewhat, aren't you?
At least now we know what you look like.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Do I say WOW, to a really smart guy who's found something
written about Christ that even scholars have missed?

or

What a Bozo to actually believe that?

Which one OP?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Jesus was "tempted" by Satan but Jesus rejected the temptation.... its not very complicated. If Jesus took the deal I'm sure the entire story would have changed to warlord Jesus conquering all of Israel and stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If you want to talk about New Testament Greek, the Greek version of Matthew says that Jesus went into the wilderness where he PEIRASTHENAI. (ch4 v1)
Look that up in the lexicons, and you will find the meaning of PEIRASTHENAI is that he was "tested, put to the test, put on trial".

It's obvious you didn't read the essay I linked in the OP.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

what, where in the four does it say he thought about any of it before the tempter came?
where does it say that he thought about turning a rock into bread before the tempter came?
where does it say that he thought about going up on a mountain and jumping off before the tempter came?
where does it say he thought that hr thought about going up to a high place and falling down to worship satan before the tempter came?

they only say he was hungry, a natural human feeling man has. is it a sin to feel hungry?
all others where suggestions / dares from the tempter.

Luke 4:13 specifically says "when the Devil finished all of these temptations".

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Incidentally, I notice that all three of your threads have been created out of one and the same video.
Milking it somewhat, aren't you?
At least now we know what you look like.

Good thing for Disrael to do when he gets trapped, talk about something else, now that looks ugly.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Do I say WOW, to a really smart guy who's found something
written about Christ that even scholars have missed?

or

What a Bozo to actually believe that?

Which one OP?

You say it, which one?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Jesus was "tempted" by Satan but Jesus rejected the temptation.... its not very complicated. If Jesus took the deal I'm sure the entire story would have changed to warlord Jesus conquering all of Israel and stuff like that.

But you agree that he had the desire to worship the Devil? The point being made is that he desired to.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

No, He had a desire to appease his desires of the flesh but that doesn't mean he gave into his temptations

Satan saw an opportunity to swing Jesus over to his side since he was vulnerable and alone in the wilderness. Would Satan had tried if he didn't think there was a chance to persuade Jesus?

I think the whole point is to show that Jesus practice what he preaches

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I rest content with exposing your ignorance of the Greek language as well as your wilful ignorance of the English language.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join