It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ummm...yeah...

What reason

Although I am in this world
I am not of this world
So much of my time is spent
My allowed span

Why

What brought me here
into the heart of this moment
What reason
the ability to reason

The ability to think

To crawl sluggishly
through the calendar of my days
Grubbing
I will not grub

I will not grasp
after these vain intangibles

I will not

This place sickens me
I walk forlornly with it’s burdens
I will carry the burden
I will shoulder the load

There was an old man
Bent

Broken under the pressure of years
Times grasp held him
squeezed him
spent him

Like a worn and worthless coin

There was a child
Listless
Fingers crooked
Mewling

Eyes
Those ancient pained eyes

Pleading
Dulling
Dying
Gone

There is no forgiveness

There is no forgetting

...Here's to hoping that someday...we can set aside all of animosity...That we can lay by the wayside our penchant to walk on by...That we can unbury our humanity and truly meet the gaze of what we are complicit in...Each and every day we heap justification high like a hill...until it becomes our crowning achievement...

As we rise above the ashen...in our towers of glass and stone...may the reflection in those shiny surfaces truly show what we really are...monsters...that walk on by...that go about our business...that truly tread on the faces of others as we count the days take...

YouSir
edit on 7-12-2015 by YouSir because: of that irrascable "u"...

edit on 7-12-2015 by YouSir because: italicization is sometimes intrinsic...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Hey, YouSir, I am your secret star and flagger. You have written some dark stuff recently, I liked that one.

There is no forgiveness when the beloved calls...nothing to forgive.

Zarathustra sought the heaviest burden and found himself.

Regards midicon.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A little ad-lib on my behalf....

There will be no forgiveness
There will never beforgetting

/ReadiesSpike

As usual, magic words

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

This place sickens me
I walk forlornly with it’s burdens

We are forged in the crucible of time. Growing weary and sick of this place is the desired result. Now you are ready to just be… very reasonable.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Ummm...hello Midicon...I have been putting some of my "dark side" poems up lately...It's all good...I wanted to illustrate how such thoughts are a natural part of questing and questioning...

Perhaps it's also part and parcel of a Zarathustrafication...of contemplative inner dialogue...I usually strive for internal balance...these speculations are merely a measure of that is all...These coupled with my usual thread history of course...

Thank you for your kind regards...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Ummm...hello Trifecta...No spike needed...I'm not here to spar with anyone...I appreciate your opinion and accept it in the light in which it was intended...No defense...no offense...

As for magic words...I only borrow words from the lexicon...granted it is the animating factor...or the "self"...the I...that links them together to hopefully form some comprehensible communication to which you the reader...again hopefully...resonates with...

In essence what I'm attempting to state...is that I fully recognize the sheer power inherent in sound structures...i.e., the phonetic resonance inherent in words as the mind..."hears" them..much as what can clearly be heard in mantra chanting or singing Buddha bowels...
Yes...words are magic...however I'm humble enough to realize and note that I'm not the originator...merely a sometimes useful tool through which such harmony might choose to express...Suffice to say that I am honored and further humbled that whatever originated these resonances...wherever they sprang from...would show such affinity to me that these wonders might be lent to me during my sojourn here...that I share such with you and anyone choosing to tarry awhile and contemplate with me...

Thank you

Be well my friend

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ummm...hello Intrptr...(as I interpret)...We are indeed forged...Truth be told I am weary...not weary enough by far though...There is so very much that I have yet to discern...Always another hill to climb...another sunset to marvel at...
There are valleys that I have not trod...thoughts that I have yet to think...

I realize that I'm only clinging...not wishing to let go...not ready to just let the universe be as I find it...There's still a trailing wisp that whispers into my ear...That relates something better is just around the corner...I wake from such realizing that the world turned much as it ever did and the cycle remained the same...

To me it seems that a great deal of numbness is involved in just being...I don't wish to be numb...I wish to feel...

Thank you for your kind words to me...

Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Spar with you?! The thought never crossed my mind, even in the uttermost abstract.

YouSir, I hold in the HIGHEST regard, quiet literally. I don't know what I would do without your daily portents.

/tipshat

My grumbling are directed towards someone less comely and foul odored. A steaming mess of feces of the tenticled persuasion.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Ummm...ahhh...you were defending me/my words with the.../ReadiesSpike...against a Cthulhu mythos...perhaps...?

Well then...

/...

Carry on my friend...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

To me it seems that a great deal of numbness is involved in just being…I don't wish to be numb…I wish to feel…

That awareness of the self that wants to feel is the real you, longing for the truth. Thats feeling. Has less to do with feeling than with fulfillment. You desiring those things is feeling, not lost at all, right on course.

Amazingly so. The way you put whats not about words at all into a form others can read is awesome. I haven't read to many of these but my vote is for this one.

top topics

join