It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts about NBA Regular seaaon 2015/16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I want to create a disscussion on your site, where all basketball fans can share their opinions with others, especially NBA fans. Everybody will tell about their preferences, favourite players, injures, trades, rookie stars, teams. I guess it will be interesting for the most sport fans.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MadM11

2 things first, I think you should edit your Title (season) and I think you should include your own opinions about the topic, too!

I am following the drama in many different cities, but Golden State and Steph have the bulk of the attention with their 25 game win streak and his ridiculous basketball skills. I would like them to be careful about getting too full of themselves and getting too caught up in the accolades.

One player that I compare Steph to is one I never hear mentioned though; "Pistol Pete" Maravich.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My Pistons are 3 games above .500 and should push for a playoff spot in the better than expected Easter Conference.
If we get in, teams should be scared to play us. DEEEEE-TROIT BAAASKETBAAAAAAAAAAAAL

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Thank you for correcting me. Really appreciate it.
But the thing is I am a freshman here, so I can't find the button to edit the name of our conversation.
Will you help me?

Thank you in advance

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of Cavs!! Was really frustrated by Finals 2015. They played with a lot of heart, were extremely concentrated, but the Warriors are like a machine! Even now GS destroying everybody one by one, legendary team. Cavs are much worse for now, hope it's a question of time. Waiting for Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

One player that I compare Steph to is one I never hear mentioned though; "Pistol Pete" Maravich.

They have some similarities, don't they - I've thought the same. That dynamic scoring ability, ridiculous handles, great court vision...

I'm loving 2015/16 so far. The Golden State storyline is just amazing - they're such a fun team to watch, and you can tell that they've really gelled as a team, and love playing the game, which is awesome. Draymond Green is huge for them - he just contributes so much in every stat category, on a nightly basis...

and Steph is ridiculous. I have no other word for it. The guy could shoot pull-up jumpers from midcourt and I'd still expect him to make roughly 50%.

The only thing I haven't enjoyed this season is watching Kobe.
I've been watching Kobe for 20 years, and been a Laker fan since I was 8 and first discovered the NBA (I'm Australian, and it's not such a big thing here). I watched the 81 point game live, and saw those incredible seasons of 30+ point averages, 6 rebounds, 6 assists... he's been an incredible player and an amazing ambassador for the game.

...but this year? Man. he's just BAD.
Shooting around 30%, and about 20% from 3? Ugh. Ugly. Ugly, ugly, ugly.
Maybe he should have retired after the achilles injury.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

Let's see Steph do it for 10 years though before we anoint him the greatest...that Belongs to MJ. Steph could get hurt very easy and when teams really want to shut him down it would not take much. That is why I want them all to just stay humble and enjoy it while they can.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Go Lakers!

...gonna be a rough season.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Awen24

Let's see Steph do it for 10 years though before we anoint him the greatest...that Belongs to MJ. Steph could get hurt very easy and when teams really want to shut him down it would not take much. That is why I want them all to just stay humble and enjoy it while they can.

I wouldn't say the greatest. ...not unless he can keep doing this for another 10 seasons.
I've seen better individual seasons (MJ, Kobe) and more dominant players (Shaq), better passers (Magic, Stockton) and better rebounding guards (Jason Kidd). I've seen guys with better hands (Ron Artest / MWP), with more killer instinct (Kobe, MJ) and more intensity (Alonzo Mourning).

He has a long, long way to go before fitting in the conversation for 'greatest ever' - but in terms of what he's doing this season, he could well end up in one of the top 10 individual seasons ever - not to mention dragging his team with him.

Now what I can say is that I'm not sure I've ever seen a better pure shooter (with apologies to Ray Allen), and he'd have to be in the conversation for the best (all-around) point guards ever (alongside guys like Steve Nash and Magic Johnson). His passing skills aren't up to John Stockton's level, and he needs to cut down on his turnovers a bit, but... I wouldn't be embarrassed to put this season or last in the conversation with any single season from any point guard, ever.

...but then, what do I know.
The last time the Lakers had a point guard with any skill was... what, 1843.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
Go Lakers!

...gonna be a rough season.

mate, it already is.

I'm loving Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle though.
Those two can really play.
D'Angelo Russell looks like he needs another year or two in the league - but he'll be worth the wait, I think.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Are there any Fans of NBA???

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It was an epic and important victory for Cavs that time against Magic! Shumpert was good at his first game. Looking forward to see Kyrie!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
warriors got it. everybody knows that.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Boring.

My team is the Mavericks. I really don't care about the Warriors because they are not my team.

I am not a good basketball fan I am a mavs basketball fan.

new topics

top topics

join