It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard And Princeton Abolish “Masters"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

And those precious snowflakes would fall apart. Remember, just walking toward them is called micro aggression.

And people honestly wonder why I have no hope for the future. GOD I can't even articulate my disgust at these types. Pathetic, self proclaimed, eternal victims.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

And those precious snowflakes would fall apart. Remember, just walking toward them is called micro aggression.

And people honestly wonder why I have no hope for the future. GOD I can't even articulate my disgust at these types. Pathetic, self proclaimed, eternal victims.

People or either too crass or overly sensitive there is no middle ground with common sense as a guide, and I get the frustration of people not wanting to walk on egg shells anymore .

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
In 1984, as I recall, even the word 'bad' was abolished, and they had to use the word "ungood".

We're coming Mr. Orwell! We're on our way!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The majority of people who actually make things happen in this world are not really on the internet. They are too busy making things happen in this world.

These are the folks with the "middle ground". They may create a Facebook account, are revolted by what they see, and log out forever.

The internet is simply full of people with opinions. And we see what that looks like.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I used to take pride in my college degrees. Now I'm embarrassed to be associated with a bunch of institutions that make turnips look smart.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Jack of all trades, head of nothing.

Well, that just sucks. Doesn't sound nearly as good.

Kids these days.

edit on 7-12-2015 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

drop titles like Master Chief, Master Sargent, master electrician

You forgot the one for fishermen: master baiters. Ouch!
Okay, so this doesn't get me in trouble for being off topic: Yes it's ridiculous. It's getting so everyone gets offended by everything. White underwear? Oh, that's racist! It's white and promotes white power.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
`a reply to: Spider879

They fail to see the Master - Apprentice origin of the "Masters Degree". Wow talk about being dumbed down - and from a campus of higher learning!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Any idea which language would be PC enough to replace it?

George Orwells Newspeak - do I win?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This kind of shoots a hole in Star Wars. Only two Sith there are one ... er, ... yeah, one who knows more and teaches it until he's kind of bumped off by the one who knows less ... and the apprentice.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Could it be that the focus on names is just part of the general "reality repulsion field" that permeates many of our educational institutions? Focus on the trivial allows one to ignore the important for the time being. A safe space is being created by saturating the academic atmospheres with nonsensical wordsmithing and drowning out the suffering in the world. Look at the idiotic plan to replace he/she pronouns so as not to offend the 'other gendered.'

In a previous post, I stated that I thought that religious-based private schools of all denominations provided better educations than the Ivies who are stuck on their own importance and dictate correct thought to their limousine liberal students. Religious-based private schools often require the students to volunteer in the community to help those in need. This way, the students see the problems of the world first hand which is a valuable education in itself. This does not mean proselytizing but rather providing aid in an even handed manner. As an example, in Catholic colleges and Universities, the student chapter of St. Vincent de Paul may distribute excess cafeteria food to the homeless along with donated clothing [often new]. The local Wesleyan school has a similar organization that also helps those in need.
edit on 12/7/2015 by pteridine because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

need to piss off & find another planet I reckon.

Silly bloody wankers - see what comes of head- bating?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Obviously they are educating a new generation of plantation owners. oO

But they're already called head-gardeners

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879 Indeed the folks in our yard need to get the hell over it. This is ridiculous. Slightly less ridiculous though than giving into them. Maybe they truly hadn't earned the title if they're so easily willing to let it go.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join