It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Scotland Corruption

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChosenCorbyn

Just going to chime in here briefly and offer some constructive advice that can be discarded if you wish.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT contact your partner in any way, shape or form until this blows over and the court case is completed. Once it is handled, then you can start the whole process of who was wrong, right, complaints or anything else so I would recommend that you forget the ins and outs of right and wrong. In the eyes of the police and court you are in the wrong and its clear that they think that this is a domestic incident.

Right now, all that matters is stopping things from getting worse, ie, lose the battle but win the war...

1) Tell your partners mother, you both need to be apart during the bail and stick to the conditions. If you do not, especially after everything that has happened, you risk facing jail time when caught (you will get caught).

2) Keep to the bail conditions no matter how hard you find it.

3) Partner needs to write to the procurator fiscal and your solicitor detailing why they wish the bail be removed. This is not easily done, especially if you are pleading not guilty to whatever they are accusing you of.

4) Lose the battle, win the war.

5) Listen to your solicitors advice.

Good Luck and remember that we all make mistakes but few learn from them.

edit on 7-12-2015 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If I was that skint I'd have still phoned the cab then dealt with the negotiations over the fee when I got to A&E.
I would have been in a cab taking my partner to help long before the police got there, lessons learned maybe?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

If I was that skint I'd have still phoned the cab then dealt with the negotiations over the fee when I got to A&E.
I would have been in a cab taking my partner to help long before the police got there, lessons learned maybe?

Lessons have definitely been learned, but i couldn't phone a cab for the same reason i couldn't phone an ambulance and why i relied on our neighbour to do so unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Just going to chime in here briefly and offer some constructive advice that can be discarded if you wish.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT contact your partner in any way, shape or form until this blows over and the court case is completed. Once it is handled, then you can start the whole process of who was wrong, right, complaints or anything else so I would recommend that you forget the ins and outs of right and wrong. In the eyes of the police and court you are in the wrong and its clear that they think that this is a domestic incident.

Right now, all that matters is stopping things from getting worse, ie, lose the battle but win the war...

1) Tell your partners mother, you both need to be apart during the bail and stick to the conditions. If you do not, especially after everything that has happened, you risk facing jail time when caught (you will get caught).

2) Keep to the bail conditions no matter how hard you find it.

3) Partner needs to write to the procurator fiscal and your solicitor detailing why they wish the bail be removed. This is not easily done, especially if you are pleading not guilty to whatever they are accusing you of.

4) Lose the battle, win the war.

5) Listen to your solicitors advice.

Good Luck and remember that we all make mistakes but few learn from them.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. I am already struggling through keeping to the bail conditions, it is hard but if i break them then it will be harder that much i understand. I guess the anger in me at the injustice of the system has compelled me into writing this thread and writing to MSPs, i just hate the fact that i and many others are treated in this way yet so many evil people in this world go through it without a care!

Number three on the list has been done, twice now i believe. I have learned from many mistakes, even quitting the drink almost completely because of a few stupid ones when i was a teenager. I have suffered with depression for the past 5 or 6 years and for half of that i ended up with social anxiety also which i was just coming to terms with at the start of this year. During my lowest times i did nothing else but stick myself under the microscope and scrutinise everything, and i mean everything i say or do or have said and done. I would sit alone, all day and night, looking at the TV but never really watching it, instead i would be focused on the images in my head, cringing about everything from the time I said a bad word during my reading class in primary school right up to the time I blushed when i was being served at the local shop.

I understand more than most what it is to really learn from mistakes and to make sure they don't happen again. I have imposed a self-inflicted prison sentence on myself for the past 5 or 6 years. Anyway i am getting off-topic, this really just sucks! I have never been so revealing on the internet before either, i don't even use facebook! Normally on forum sites i hide behind the fake name and avatar, this is the real me however, very far from perfection.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChosenCorbyn

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lessons have definitely been learned, but i couldn't phone a cab for the same reason i couldn't phone an ambulance and why i relied on our neighbour to do so unfortunately.
Sorry man, you got internet to be discussing things here, I foolishly assumed you had a mobile phone.
How'd you get your internet if it's not fibre optic cable, copper phone line, or mobile?
Sorry but I'm having doubts now.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm no expert but from experience the way it works in Scotland is once the Police get involved in any type of incident it is them that decide what will happen. It doesn't matter if somebody makes a complaint about somebody else or doesn't. The Police will look at a situation and they decide if somebody deserves to get charged.

Once they make that decision it doesn't matter if your girlfriend wants the complaint dropped or wants the thing forgotten about. It's the Police who will decide.

I missed the bit in your story as to why you had bail conditions. Was this from a previous incident or did you get charged with assault for this incident.

The Police cant get bail conditions changed, that's for the courts to decide.

Only person can help your is your solicitor. Sounds like you will qualify for legal aid so wont cost you. Otherwise it is expensive.

People in Scotland need to be careful about calling the Police into family situations because you can find yourself in trouble when that wasn't what was intended.

My advice to anyone caught up in any situation where the Police are called is to say absolutely nothing to the Police. They will note everything you say at the scene, on the way to the station, pre interview, at interview, post interview. Anything you say can be used against you.

Just say nothing.

The Police may charge you with something but they have to present their case to the Procurator Fiscal who will decide if they have enough evidence to go to court. Without evidence it will be thrown out.

The business about your girlfriends finger is a separate issue which she can complain about.

Oh and in Scotland it is Zero Tolerance on Domestic Abuse. Even shouting at your partner can land you in trouble
edit on b533155312 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I can understand your doubts, I have a laptop right now because i am at my dads and he owns one. I still have no phone currently. While i was living with my partner we had no laptop, no house phone, i have no phone. My partner has a phone and that is about it. I did have a phone but i dropped it a couple months before the incident. I have mentioned in this thread either at the beginning or in another post that i have no mobile phone, it isn't something i have just pulled out of thin air to improve my argument.
edit on 7-12-2015 by ChosenCorbyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Yeah i qualified for legal aid, been charged, out on bail. I have plead not guilty and it most likely wont be in court until mid next year. It is only the business with my partners finger that i care about. It really annoys me how that officer came round tryingto convince her that she has it wrong in order to save his and his buddy's asses. Thank you for your comment and taking the time to read.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

My partner has a phone
...so you could have got her in a cab to A&E using that, here finger cling filmed or a carrier bag if that skint.
Sorry fella, the more I learn the less you have my sympathy and the more your partner does.
edit on 7.12.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sorry to hear it bud. It is a sh1t system. Loaded against the guy. Lots and lots of decent guys getting criminalised for very trivial matters. Women don't seem to get same treatment.

Guy I know was really frustrated about his wife. Suspected something was going on. Went home and a row started, lots of shouting. He left the home but went back to get his shoes and when he tried to open the door she was behind the door. She drove off and next day Police arrested the guy she claimed he had assaulted her with the door.

Upshot was he was banned form the house, convicted of assault. Meanwhile she stole everything from the house including his car while he was banned from going there.

And after it all he found out yes she had been sleeping around.

So basically she done him over real good. Poor guy.

Mind you her dad is a very senior officer in Police Scotland. So she got plenty of advice.

Yes there is corruption definitely. Not a lot you can do about it though.
edit on b114151112 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? Give my partner ALL the sympathy, she is the one who deserves it! My partner has a phone, but it was in the car. I asked her if i could go get it, but the neighbour came out and we asked him to phone the ambulance. Maybe after that i could have went and phoned an ambulance with her phone to make sure and with hindsight i wish i could knowing now that an ambulance wasn't phoned, but i thought it had been phoned already so there was no point. Once the police got there, this was no longer an option as i was confined to the living room.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? Give my partner ALL the sympathy, she is the one who deserves it! My partner has a phone, but it was in the car. I asked her if i could go get it, but the neighbour came out and we asked him to phone the ambulance. Maybe after that i could have went and phoned an ambulance with her phone to make sure and with hindsight i wish i could knowing now that an ambulance wasn't phoned, but i thought it had been phoned already so there was no point. Once the police got there, this was no longer an option as i was confined to the living room.
Just sounds like excuses to me, I'd have been on the phone to a local cab with that phone, you weren't.
Explain it as much as you like but my missus would have been in A&E with our little one way before the cops your neighbour called got to your house.

I'll leave you to your thread fella, move on and learn from this.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Thank you! Finally somebody that understands the system we are in. It is good for those women who are genuinely in abusive relationships but is equally good for the vindictive women. I suppose you could argue there is no way to please everyone but when the law has got to the point where men are not allowed to even look at their partner wrong without the threat of being locked up you know its not been fully thought through.

In my case it was an accident, but because the neighbour phoned it was treated as a domestic. Once the police arrived they could tell it was definitely not. It really begs the question did they make my partner wait to ensure a conviction? Remember they thought i was just a typical young, council house scrounger. I couldn't be farther, my reasons for not being in full time employment are not drink or drug related, they are mental health related. It doesn't matter how good my grades are on paper, without a confident shell to portray them in interviews, i always come off as dumb. This was probably their initial thought that night also.

It seems so easy for men to recieve convictions of domestic assault and it is just shocking, it isn't some breach of the peace that employers wont look twice at! This can genuinely affect you for the rest of your life.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If i could have phoned an ambulance why would i risk letting a neighbor whom i know doesn't like me anyway, phone one? Why would i make a thread, with the risks involved in doing so if i genuinely didn't believe that there was true corruption afoot this night? I think you just want to be proven right for one reason or another, anyone can look at a situation and say "well i would have done this..." No one truly knows what they would have done until it happens, you would like to think you would be as calm and intellectual in that situation as you are right now but the truth is once panic, adrenaline, sound of your missus screaming etc hits you you physically can't think like that. FACT.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No one truly knows what they would have done until it happens, you would like to think you would be as calm and intellectual in that situation as you are right now but the truth is once panic, adrenaline, sound of your missus screaming etc hits you you physically can't think like that. FACT.
Speak for yourself, I know I've never cut my partners finger off through blind rage slamming a door shut, but I'm pretty certain I would have had her hand cling filmed up in a bag of frozen peas and on her way to hospital in my car/borrowed car/cab/mate's car, way before the cops would have arrived.
Priorities fella, taking responsibility for ourselves and all that.
You mugged yourself in this story as far as I see it.
edit on 7.12.2015 by grainofsand because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Woah. Someone doesn't like being wrong. I do apologise and i hope one day maybe i too can strive to be the perfection which you are.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Woah. Someone doesn't like being wrong. I do apologise and i hope one day maybe i too can strive to be the perfection which you are.
That the best you could counter me with?
I stand by all my statements in this thread.
Reasoned debate, not childlike emotional argument.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Throwing your toys out the pram because i won't agree with you is considered reasoned debate nowadays? Ok, dear. I agree with you.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Please 404 this nonsense...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Throwing your toys out the pram because i won't agree with you is considered reasoned debate nowadays? Ok, dear. I agree with you.
No toys thrown by me lol, we agreed previously but then I learned more of your story.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join