It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western coalition strikes Syrian army compound, several dead, dozen injured - reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Western coalition strikes Syrian army compound, several dead, dozen injured - reports

US-led coalition warplanes are reported to have killed four Syrian soldiers in the Dier al Zor province, which is mostly under the control of Islamic State. If confirmed, this would be the first time coalition planes have hit Syrian troops, Reuters reports. A Syrian government source confirmed that the airstrike had taken place and that there had been casualties. The source also added that vehicles had been destroyed. A total of four Syrian Army soldiers have been killed, while a further 16 were injured, a government source told RIA Novosti.

And so it begins, it was only a matter of time before we'd start getting reports of the US, France or UK attacking Syrian army instead of ISIS that they are supposed to bombing

“The airstrike hit an ammunition dump belonging to the Syrian Army in Dier al Zor. According to our information, four soldiers have died and 16 were injured. Two tanks were also damaged. This was the work of the US-led coalition,”

Granted the base was inside a largely ISIS controlled region of Syria, however to hit a base that belongs to the people who are fighting the enemy you're supposed to be fighting, how does this happen with supposed intelligence and surveillance the West supposedly has ? Doing things like this mistake or not is helping ISIS not pushing them back

The Dier al Zor province is eastern Syria, and is largely controlled by Islamic State (formerly ISIS/ISIL). The region is of extreme strategic importance to the terrorist group, as it contains a number of oilfields, which are a major source of revenue for ISIS.

I think we're going to see a lot more of these instances of West led coalition "accidentally on purpose" attacking the sovereign national Army as opposed to hitting the target of ISIS that they're supposed to be there for

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Since Russia was invited and NATO USA type allies were not I would seriously consider making Syria a no fly zone if I were Putin. Bring this crap to a head real quick...or in other words since we the good guys do not want to share intel on targets with Putin (supposedly bad guys) then if our allies can't keep from striking a sovereign countries military then... get to heck out !

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Actually the main target for NATO is the Syrian government, i.e Asad. Secondary targets may include ISIS, but I am not too sure about that. NATO objective here is regime change to make way for gas and oil pipelines all the way from Saudi Arabia to the EU. And for that to happen, Asad needs to go.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Actually the main target for NATO is the Syrian government, i.e Asad. Secondary targets may include ISIS, but I am not too sure about that. NATO objective here is regime change to make way for gas and oil pipelines all the way from Saudi Arabia to the EU. And for that to happen, Asad needs to go.

You and I and probably several million know that to include Putin... Thus turn the flame up a bit and see who cuts and runs..

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

You and I and probably several million know that to include Putin... Thus turn the flame up a bit and see who cuts and runs..

You mentioned in the previous post that Putin can legally set up a no fly zone. It will be very easy for Russia to enforce one as they have the S-400 system already in Syria. But I doubt Putin has the guts. Till now the way he has acted does not show that he is as bold as his bare chested pics suggest.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Guess we got our moderates mixed up with our turkmen.. no wait I mean our rebels mixed up with our Assad Sympathizers... no that's not right, our trainers got mixed up with the Saudi financiers... or was it Turkey's OIL smugglers.. hang on it was in ISIS territory or did the jet stray? so confusing!

Bottom line is, Russia is out of line and should STOP immediately!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
I love that post. Especially the ending. Made me chuckle. It was a joke, right? Either way it was funny.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I guess MURDOCH MEDIA doesnt want to report on it..
Fox and CNN are silent.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

And so it begins, it was only a matter of time before we'd start getting reports of the US, France or UK attacking Syrian army instead of ISIS that they are supposed to bombing

You mean like how Putin has been bombing FSA soldiers and civilians when he's supposedly bombing Daesh? Yeah, its a proxy war. The only thing is both sides wont admit as much.

Putin has been dropping bombs for 8 weeks now? What did he do. What exactly have they accomplished in that time? If anything, its helped Daesh.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 7-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Actually, to end all these conflicts ... somebody should nuke some of these oil fields.

Doesn't seem to be any other way to get peace in the region.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Western coalition might get some Russian missiles coming their way soon then,

And it would serve them right. How dare they target the only effective force on the ground fighting Syria!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
the west is trying really hard to set the world on fire.
more war = more profitssssss!
lucky for us that russia and china stay cool.
they are the only reason why ww3 hasn't started yet.
not the warmongering bringer of "democracy" aka nato.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Putin has made no false statements though, he's always been there to help Assad that means bombing ISIS and the "moderate" (such a laughable word for what they really are) Rebels

The FSA are just ISIS in disguise

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Putin has been dropping bombs for 8 weeks now? What did he do. What exactly have they accomplished in that time? If anything, its helped Daesh

Thing is , sooner or later Russia will have to attack Isis . I say let Russia do what they want , it will be their own little Vietnam , or Afghanistan if you want . After all , how did Iraq and Libya turn out for us .

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Actually, to end all these conflicts ... somebody should nuke some of these oil fields.

There is one more war raging, that is the Yemeni war. Few days back a boat was sunk off the coast of Yemen, supposedly it had Scud missiles for the Yemenis fighting against the Saudis. What you propose is not a remote possibility. It can happen, except I am sure no nukes will be involved. A bunch of scuds lighting up the Saudi oil fields or Yemeni forces moving into Saudi Arabia. Or even a Shia uprising in Saudi Arabia are possibilities now which would be highly favourable to Russia and Iran. Not only strategically but it would also raise oil prices saving the Russians a huge headache.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I'd agree Hutch but sooner or later some nut from the western coalition or perhaps NATO may end up hitting Russian troops.

That would be a clincher for some serious goings on in Syria.

Kind regards as always,

Bally

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Either that or Russia starts assisting in Yemen too, thus leading towards war with Saudi Arabia which in turn leads to war with the west

There's also Turkey to think about as well in all this, it's incredibly thin ice in the Middle East right now, it's all a mess for sure but it could potentially much much worse

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

There is one more war raging, that is the Yemeni war. Few days back a boat was sunk off the coast of Yemen, supposedly it had Scud missiles for the Yemenis fighting against the Saudis. What you propose is not a remote possibility. It can happen, except I am sure no nukes will be involved. A bunch of scuds lighting up the Saudi oil fields or Yemeni forces moving into Saudi Arabia. Or even a Shia uprising in Saudi Arabia are possibilities now which would be highly favourable to Russia and Iran. Not only strategically but it would also raise oil prices saving the Russians a huge headache.

There really is no end to the horrors, that the people down there have to suffer ...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I guess MURDOCH MEDIA doesnt want to report on it..
Fox and CNN are silent.

Reported on the BBC .. But NATO say no strikes in that area. Maybe it was a Russian stray mission after Daesh

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

My thoughts are to stay out of Syria , fullstop . The west has some serious work to do in Iraq , a mess of their own making . Just quit , and quit now before we are all drawn into a proxy war . Ha ha , did not go crabbing , to bloody hot .

Oh , and if Turkey escalates , they are on their own .
edit on 7-12-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join