It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
seems like children have to grow up as mental slaves giving into what others want for them until the day they turn 18 and are legally an adult. why do we do this to them? 18 years is a long time to finally have freedom if you ask me.

You haven't read much on this and children involved, have you?

Maybe you should.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

seems like children have to grow up as mental slaves giving into what others want for them until the day they turn 18 and are legally an adult. why do we do this to them? 18 years is a long time to finally have freedom if you ask me.

Thank you for your comments and contribution to this discussion.

Why do we do this to them? Because parents know everything, of course. Lack of information (ignorance), lack of respect and compassion for a child's identity and feelings and hot gobs of social pressure to conform to some political or religious convention or dogma and embarrassment are some of the common reasons. Parents would rather ignore or fight it and hope it all just goes away than deal with it and figure out what is best for their children.

18 years is a long time to wait to have something so absolutely fundamental to ones core personality and sense of self be acknowledged. It is far too long for these kids that are truly trans for they will miss years of normal socialization and have to deal with the highly undesirable physical effects of natal puberty and crushing depression and anxiety. A lot of these kids aren't even going to make it to 18 without the care and support they so desperately need. These results can be and often are tragic and what has me here trying to bring these issues to light.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Maybe you should.

ive definitely read about the children involved and am aware of what this thread is about. but look at the numerous comments saying how wrong and messed up it is to allow a child to live as themselves. that is obviously why i made the comment that i did

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Maybe you should.

ive definitely read about the children involved and am aware of what this thread is about. but look at the numerous comments saying how wrong and messed up it is to allow a child to live as themselves. that is obviously why i made the comment that i did

Perhaps I didn't understand you the way it was written.

I think I get it now.

edit on 17-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked
This is absolutely disgusting, that kids parents need to be sent to prison and the child put into protective custody.

This world has finally gone to complete and utter #..

I agree, I'm not religious but maybe there is a devil and he's now leading us about as far from God as it's possible to get.

You have the main protagonist here at ATS banging on and on about "transgender" issues, what they really need is a good shrink, a lot of pacifying drugs, and maybe a lobotomy.

Humankind has indeed gone completely and totally down the toilet.

I wonder how long it will be before mother nature decided to fix this weird aberration called human beings?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's all self serving, self obsessed narcissist who care more about patting themselves on the back, then the well being of a 6 year old. Disgusting.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just trolling through old threads looking for something to bitch about are we? Thanks for the bump because the intolerance and ignorance in this thread is a shining example of the attitudes that need to change so ALL people can get along better.

originally posted by: Power_Semi
You have the main protagonist here at ATS banging on and on about "transgender" issues, what they really need is a good shrink, a lot of pacifying drugs, and maybe a lobotomy.

Just what we need. Another doctor with a diagnosis. Try opening your mind and your eyes to the world around you and maybe learn some actual facts about things before going off on a rant about things you understand absolutely nothing about. Here's another post I wrote about transgender children. It probably won't help but try reading it.

I wonder how long it will be before mother nature decided to fix this weird aberration called human beings?

Good question. I nominate you to be at the head of the line for the great culling then maybe the rest of us that know how to get along with and respect other people can be left alone.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join