It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

And as if on cue, in you come to prove Kayla and mine's point. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Does it bother you that not everybody thinks exactly like you?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Domo1

Well said.

I don't know anything about the family , the case, or the doctors involved but like you I find the age a bit odd. It would appear to me that at 6 would be fairly young to identify with your sexuality or to young to do drastic changes that can alter your future.

Transgenders don't have an easy life and they have an extremely high suicide rate. Regardless if the blame is put on society for those statistics, it still does not change those facts and that is something I would not encourage my child to pursue at the age of 6.

I'm not wearing that families shoes while walking a mile , but it appears to be a bit extreme at the age of 6. I hope them and that child the best.

Also I wonder how many of these young cases are being pushed along by the parents for attention as in a form of munchausen

Thanks for your post, Interrupt42. Here again is another example of combining GENDER with sexuality or sexual orientation and not getting it quite correct. A six year old has no concept of being gay or straight but you can be darn sure they know if they are little boys or little girls. The experience for these kids is somewhat different than the 40 year old married man that suddenly decides to "change sex". Even most of those people say their gender has felt wrong as long as they can remember so this is something that runs deep and usually for a lifetime.

Imagine how hard it would be for me to somehow convince you that you are really a woman. Pretty impossible I'd imagine because your gender identity is and has been probably fixed since you were old enough to know the difference. Take your male parts off and you're still going to feel and act like a guy right? This is your gender - what you perceive yourself to be, how you present yourself to the world and how others perceive you. What gender dysphoria is is when this core sense of sense is in opposition to the sex the doctor said you were when you were born. It's a screw up of nature and it is something most "normal" people never experience or even think about. Does that then make transgender people mentally ill or somehow any less human than anyone else. Not, not really but gender dysphoria is a condition and it is a difficult problem to deal with emotionally and socially for trans children and their families.

Have there been cases of Munchausen by Proxy where parents have foisted gender problems on their children. Not that I have read of but certainly with the wide range of human behaviors can't be ruled out. The thing with transgender kids though is that they and their parents are evaluated and counseled by professional psychiatrists and psychologists up the wazoo and these other kinds of things get weeded out.

Do we have symptoms to identify a child as a trans gender , gay, or straight at 6 ?

Can't speak for gay or straight, what 6 y/o has a clue about that or what test is there for it. As far as transgender children go, the number 1 symptom is that they will tell you. Sometimes 3, 4 and 5 year olds will tell you too.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked
a reply to: kaylaluv

It wasnt a she it was a he, very big difference, and he didnt mind dishing it out but god forbid you hurt his poor little feelings..

Well hello! I was just talking about you - your ears must have been burning.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Did I say it did? Just labeling your rhetoric hateful and intolerant. Does it bother you that I think like that?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yea I guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

it bothers me that you dont mind the parents of a 6 year old #ing up that childs life and mind forever.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes, she was run off by the narrow-minded morons on this site

To be fair I saw and participated in some of those threads and while the pro trans acceptance crowd wanted to be accepted ,heard and understood they also showed very little willingness to see or accept where other's were coming from.

Instead , the pro trans acceptance crowd (NOT ALL) chose to stoop to the same level as the narrow-minded and moron crowd you describe. Hence the thread turned into a personal attack thread.

I can understand the frustration of the transgender community having to deal with accusations or being looked at in a negative fashion on a daily basis. However, if the transgender community end goal is to be accepted as everyone else than they are going to have to take the higher ground and not let themselves to stoop to the others level.

Attacking and forcing others to accept you will not help in the cause in a positive manner , instead it will cause people to build barriers or ignore any insight you may have to offer right of the bat.

Perhaps the the transgender community needs a better representative and strategy to progress further than labelling everyone else as morons?

Think about the end game and strategies to get you there. It might not be fair , but when has calling someone a moron has helped them see where you are coming from?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I can only hope these parents and doctors are doing what is best for those children.

Like I said, I haven't even taken a step in their shoes to understand where they are coming from so I won't pass judgement on them.

However, it appears that they are getting professional assistance and not just some rogue parents pushing there kids so that is positive.

I don't like to see or hear of any children being abused in any way.

I also see nothing wrong with a community getting behind the child,parents, and doctors to offer their support. However, I still have a hard time grasping this all being done and confirmed by the age. However , I'm no professional in the matter.

edit on 511231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2015 10:51:52 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poppcocked

it bothers me that you dont mind the parents of a 6 year old #ing up that childs life and mind forever.

Ah I see, you are allowed to have a different opinion, but I'm not. Great rhetoric you got going on there.
edit on 7-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

To be fair I saw and participated in some of those threads and while the pro trans acceptance crowd wanted to be accepted ,heard and understood they also showed very little willingness to see or accept where other's were coming from.

Sorry, but that's crap. Jade said many times that she understood how hard it is to accept her - she understands and forgives her parents for not accepting her in the beginning.

Instead , the pro trans acceptance crowd (NOT ALL) chose to stoop to the same level as the narrow-minded and moron crowd you describe. Hence the thread turned into a personal attack thread.

The key words are NOT ALL. Some of the people who started off against her changed their mind after talking with Jade.

Perhaps the the transgender community needs a better representative and strategy to progress further than labelling everyone else as morons?

Not everyone is labeled as a moron - only those whose minds will never open.

Think about the end game and strategies to get you there. It might not be fair , but when has calling someone a moron has helped them see where you are coming from?

The true moron's mind will NEVER be changed. They'll just have to die for their hate to end. They are a lost cause. Sad, but true.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If that's what you get from that then ok, whatever makes you sleep good at night.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

LOL, there you go.

I never mentioned Jade in specific and I DID say NOT ALL.

Again, if you want to educate people and make a positive difference then try being less confrontational or demeaning , eitherwise you are no better than those you label morons and hateful.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It DOES help me sleep better at night, because if I had pursued the bait you were trying to fish me with with that rhetoric and accusing me of being a bad person just because we disagree, we'd be in a shouting match in no short order. So my stress levels certainly thank me for feeling that way.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Ha, that's like saying by calling members of ISIS monsters, I am no better than they are. Do you really believe that?

If someone is respectful, they will be treated with respect. If they are not respectful, they don't deserve to be treated with respect.

edit on 7-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Ha, that's like saying by calling members of ISIS monsters, I am no better than they are. Do you really believe that?

So according to you those that don't understand or can relate to transgender are like ISIS?

If someone is respectful, they will be treated with respect. If they are not respectful, they don't deserve to be treated with respect.

That I can appreciate. However sometimes its wise to take the higher moral ground to accomplish your goals.

As confrontation and hate on both sides of the equation can only lead you to hate and confrontation.
edit on 101231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2015 11:10:13 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It's not as easy as the kid saying, "I'm really a girl" once or twice. Consistent persistence is the key. The transgender people on ATS described their personal experiences, and they talked about the YEARS of therapy before even puberty blockers and hormones were used. Then there are more YEARS of therapy before sexual reassignment surgery at 18.

The professional therapists recommend that while the child is in therapy, to go along with their insistence that they are another gender. It's actually healthier for them then to try to beat them into submission (physically or mentally).

We also have transgender members here who weren't allowed to do those things and have shared their experience of growing up the way these sick conservatives want them to. Their stories are far more heartbreaking and comparing the results of the two scenarios should be enough to make these people second guess their ignorance but... nooooope.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I'm always amazed how some people are so definite on their views on things that they have never experienced or even fully understand.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So according to you those that don't understand or can relate to transgender are like ISIS?

If they start killing transgender people, I will call them monsters. I didn't call them monsters, I called them morons, because they were obnoxious and hateful while refusing to listen. That doesn't make me on their level, any more than it puts me on the level of ISIS for calling their members monsters. Get my point?

However sometimes its wise to take the higher moral ground to accomplish your goals.

As confrontation and hate on both sides of the equation can only lead you to hate and confrontation.

So we tell the morons they are wonderful people for being hateful and obnoxious? Do we tell the members of ISIS they are wonderful people for being monstrous killers?

I will not sit quietly while hateful people call transgender people mentally ill and "nut bags" not because the transgender person hurt anyone, but simply because they had sexual reassignment surgery. And I will not worry about calling a person a moron if they are acting like one. Those who make it clear they will never change, usually never do -- lost cause.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Do you ever post about any other issue? In the other transgender threads you claim that you are not transgender but your post history is starting to say otherwise. What is funny is that you would lie about it. Are you a shill? Do you work for some organization to promote transgender issues? One trick pony here. What is your goal with starting this thread considering the last few threads on the issue? Your bias is starting to show and it just cast suspicion on the information you post. So what do you think will be different about this thread? Because it involves a child? Yeah that will really get these old fossils who disagree to come around.....

As far as the OP goes it find it extremely hypocritical that leftist, atheist, and GLBTQ groups try to push the narrative that religious indoctrination is a form of child abuse but confusing the hell out of a kid to further a political/social agenda is exactly that a form of child abuse. These parents should be locked up for condoning and supporting this pseudo-scientific agenda laden garbage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join