It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

LOL!!! I had to give you a star there. Hilarious post! Got any more gems? I need more entertainment for my Wednesday.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: 123143
One must question the wisdom of permitting a child to decide its future at so young an age.

At 6 years old, no surgery is performed, no irreversible drugs are taken, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. How about the wisdom of keeping a child from being suicidal? Does that work for ya?

The OP says the child has transitioned (as in surgery). Is the OP false?

Surgery?! Are you serious?

I think that's the major disconnect and confusion here. It seems many of you think that trans kids are getting surgeries and hormones at six. Is that what is going on here? People are actually thinking this?

A transgender child gets nothing but counseling and therapy. When they are in puberty, they take a blocker which does nothing but delay their puberty (again, nothing permanent). When a bit older, they may start taking the corresponding hormone if their physicians determine that this is truly the issue. An actual surgery does not happen until much later, if at all.

I wonder how much of this outrage is because of this misunderstanding.

So the OP is misleading, and the child has not gone trough surgery?

No. What is it about the OP states that she went through a surgery?

Did you notice this sentence in the OP:

Mount Horeb, WI -- Mount Horeb Primary Center, a public elementary school where a 6-year-old student had just transitioned from a boy to a girl.

What part of "transitioned" makes you think surgery? At that age since there aren't any secondary sex characteristics on the body, it is easy to pass off as the opposite gender. Transitioning is as easy as changing clothes in this regard.

That is not transitioning. That is cross-dressing. The boy has not transitioned to a girl, because that requires surgery.

Well that was an over simplification. First off, transitioning is a process that takes years. In the case of a 6 year, it is a process that won't start the physical aspects until they are a teenager or later. But yes, at the age of six the act of transitioning is literally just changing your clothes. Oh and adopting an opposite gender name as well I guess.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. So when I state that it is cross-dressing then it's oversimplified?
You say that transitioning takes years. How can a boy then have transitioned to a girl at age 6?
And then you say in direct contradiction to your earlier statement (in the same post) that all it takes to transition is to put on clothes from the opposite sex and changing the name to fit the new gender?

Actually at the age of 6 the child would still be transitioning. It wouldn't be past tense at that point.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: hutch622
Society is a threat

If there was ever any doubt in anybody's mind, that we are being locked in a cage of madness, and under complete control in a depraved society, this has got to be the clincher.

Anybody and I do mean anybody, that thinks this is healthy or beneficial to this child, or any other child that may have to interact with this child, they are either so brainwashed that they are beyond hope, or is minion doing the underhanded and devious work of leading us off the cliff into a sea of depravity and insanity.

I showed this story to my nephew who I love more than !ife itsse!f, and I stood with him, and supported him when he came out to his father, not easy, and very traumatic for all concerned. Even he said it was criminal what they are doing to this child.

He said it has nothing to do with the welfare of the child, it is to push an agenda and gather attention at the expense of the child, and he is right.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Anybody and I do mean anybody, that thinks this is healthy or beneficial to this child, or any other child that may have to interact with this child, they are either so brainwashed that they are beyond hope, or is minion doing the underhanded and devious work of leading us off the cliff into a sea of depravity and insanity.

What is your personal experience on this subject?

Because, those with actual real life experience do not agree with you.

As far as your gay nephew, there's been an ongoing issue in the LGBT community of gays not being supportive of transgender. Thinking because he's gay, he has some insight on this is a fallacy.

edit on 9-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

So your solution is..... maybe slap her around the mouth a few times to straighten her out, make her feel bad for saying she is really a girl, to the point she wants to kill herself?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Anybody and I do mean anybody, that thinks this is healthy or beneficial to this child, or any other child that may have to interact with this child, they are either so brainwashed that they are beyond hope.

I do. This is so far out of the range of possibility and experience for people it seems inconceivable and unconscionable that this could be the best thing to do for a child but in many cases, there simply is no other option. There are many expressions of cross gender desires in children and gender atypical behaviors that are somewhat common. A boy child may say things like "I want to be a girl so I can 'X"" where X equals things like wear sparkly dresses, play with dolls, have princess parties, etc. A child with Gender Dysphoria will insistently say "I AM a girl" and ask mom and dad how come their body is different or even things like "how long before my penis falls off"?

As far as those that interact with the child or any other socially transitioned pre-pubescent kid, what's the big deal? This child is going to look and act like any other first or second grader and is going to inconspicuously fit right in. Many parents, when feasible, will move to a new location so their child can go to a new school so the child doesn't have to be subject to the social pressures of transitioning to their target gender in front of an audience.

The OP is about a child that has not had the advantage of going to a new school. In order to foster a safe and welcoming environment and to help the other young children understand what their classmate was going through, the school thought the reading of the I Am Jazz book would be a helpful resource to talk about gender. (Note: not to talk about sex or sexuality)

Oh but then, a recognized religious conservative right-wing HATE GROUP threatened to sue the school for their efforts to make life a little easier for this child. The triumph in this case is the communities backlash against these threatening hate tactics by turning out in large numbers for a reading of the book in support of this little girl.

I showed this story to my nephew who I love more than !ife itsse!f, and I stood with him, and supported him when he came out to his father, not easy, and very traumatic for all concerned. Even he said it was criminal what they are doing to this child.

As Annee pointed out, gay people don't have any more insight or knowledge about this than the general population and are just as ill-informed. Adult gay and lesbian communities can be particularly vicious toward trans people and there's no love lost between these groups. Some are even currently calling for removal of the "T" from LGBT.

He said it has nothing to do with the welfare of the child, it is to push an agenda and gather attention at the expense of the child, and he is right.

Who is pushing agenda here? A small school district and an anonymous family wanting to remain out of the limelight as much as possible or a bunch of hateful a-holes from another state giving zero fcuks for the welfare and safety of this child butting in and making a big deal of the whole thing to push THEIR agenda?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Your post never cease to amaze me. You say gays do not have insight on the issue but then you say that you yourself are a hetero female while championing this cause.

Real life experience of the mentally ill protesting their mental illness? You see nothing wrong with that? People with mental illnesses seldom realize they are sick and your suggestion is take their word for it even though their perceptions don't mesh with reality which is one of the earliest signs of mental illness.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

Your post never cease to amaze me. You say gays do not have insight on the issue but then you say that you yourself are a hetero female while championing this cause.

Real life experience of the mentally ill protesting their mental illness? You see nothing wrong with that? People with mental illnesses seldom realize they are sick and your suggestion is take their word for it even though their perceptions don't mesh with reality which is one of the earliest signs of mental illness.

I honestly have no interest in anything you have to say on this topic.

Transgender is NOT a mental illness.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Well it is an illness of the mind by definition would you not say? It is nothing more than a matter of the mind. I was thinking about the whole situation and a question came to me. How does someone lacking the hardware to be a woman down to the chromosomes know what it "feels" like to be female? This is like my watch saying it feels like it is a calculator. It has nothing to compare it to. Especially in the instance of someone who is 6 who has next to nothing to compare anything to other than being a baby.
edit on 9-12-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

You are just incredibly ignorant in this subject and awareness of differences in young children.

Your "research" is "selective".

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I have a great come back to your post but will keep it to myself under my policy of trying hard not to feed willfully ignorant trolls. Santa, you've been asked several times to explain what your obsession is with all of this, why you give a damn or why what anybody else does with their life has anything to do with yours and you haven't. What's your dog in this fight that seems you persistently feel the need to be fought? I've made my motivations perfectly clear. What are yours?

It seems you've taken it upon yourself to try and change the world about things you don't grasp and can't or won't understand, so how about you just don't try to be the savior of humanity or warrior for regressive ideology or whatever it is you think you're doing? There are going to be trans kids and their parents and doctors are going to do what is best for them and your ranting on the Internet will do nothing to change that. As it is none of your business to be in other people's business and because this topic upsets you so much, maybe you should just give it a rest?

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that would appreciate if you just chilled out some or ignored trans topics all together because they upset you so. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you've certainly not held back any expressing yours. Everyone gets it - this really bugs you. I am sorry that it does but your overbearing negativity and often abusive tone and your incessant need to intrude with your "facts" that many have tried to show you were only in your mind, is getting really tiresome.

At this point, I no longer will have any consideration whatsoever of anything else you have to say, not that I ever had much in the first place. It would be completely pointless to do so, so la la la la, I can't hear you. Mature, I know but sometimes you just have to deal with things on that level.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

The above post speaks volumes. When confronted with reality you deflect as much as possible then you stick your fingers in your ears. I am sorry ATS is not the liberal arts campus you were looking for. I am sure there are many fine advocacy forums that are more suited to your one sided echo chamber style of debate and discussion. Why do you have such a tough time with opposition?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Confronted with reality? You can't seem to handle the reality that professional psychiatric organizations have made public statements that gender dysphoria is not considered a mental illness. You can't seem to handle the reality that there is no drug or therapy that will cure gender dysphoria - the only cure (as stated by the above professional psychiatric organizations) is to have the person live life as the gender they identify with. You can't seem to handle the reality that the earlier a transgender person has the surgery, the more successful the transition will be, and therefore the happier and healthier the person will be.

I have asked you a few times to prove me wrong, and you were unsuccessful, so I would say that it is you who needs to confront some reality.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I was more than successful at proving you wrong. Must have had your fingers in your ears at the time. You never countered anything but claimed my sources were bad with no proof.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Did you prove that transgender people who get the surgery before the permanent effects of puberty don't have better psychological outcomes?

Did you prove that there is a drug or therapy from licensed professionals that has a proven success record to cure gender dysphoria?

Can you prove that professional psychiatric organizations have NOT made public statements saying that gender dysphoria is not a mental illness? And that these professional organizations have NOT said that the only cure for gender dysphoria is to have the person live life as the identified gender? I'm not talking about one guy who's gone rogue. I'm talking about a professional organization as a whole entity.
edit on 10-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Freija

When confronted with reality you deflect as much as possible then you stick your fingers in your ears.

What a joke.

Freija knows the reality on this subject.

All you have is selective stuff you find on the internet that agrees with your ignorant and uneducated opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

I was more than successful at proving you wrong. Must have had your fingers in your ears at the time. You never countered anything but claimed my sources were bad with no proof.

All you do is keep repeating your own rhetoric and agreeing with yourself.

You don't even open the door to hear the info that's been provided by other posters.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
lets just let this small literally handful of members on ATS have their group hugs for mental illness. As long as we all ignore them it will only be them high fiving each other for corrupting minors and glorifying mental illness. Meanwhile, the rest of us can work with common sense organizations that support family values to lobby our local representatives to criminalize this sort of deviant attack on the minds of young children.

For the Scientologists in the thread, dont bother repeating the exact same filth you spend pages and pages spewing to try and rationalize this to me or anyone else.

I Florida, it will become illegal to do this. If it takes ten years and 20 million $ in bribes (err lobbying) to do it, we will make it happen. Bet on that!

AR out!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Another conservative pitching government intervention for things he finds "icky". Surprise...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You keep saying you're leaving the thread, but you keep coming back...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join