It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm probably nothing like you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hello,
You can call me Johnny, Savage, or JohnnySavage. Regardless of what you want to call me, I'll just go ahead and explain who I am and why I'm here.
I'm 19 years old and I'm literally the last person you would think would be apart of a website like this. My generation consist of "yolo" and "swag". Yes, I'm one of those people, and all of my friends are similar, but my mindset is entirely different. I graduated highschool with a 3.57 at the age of 16, well, i turned 17 two months later, but I like to say 16 because it just sounds better. Anyways, i'm currently 19 and almost through my third semester of college. I didn't attend college my whole entire 17th year because someone who is definitely not me decided to experience with psychedelics, and to say the least, someone who is definitely not me had lots of fun for that year. Now, enough about who I am and let me tell you why I'm here. I'm not here to argue, but I'm here to learn. Prove me wrong. try and insult me. I want you to help me become a more intelligent human being. I want to progress beyond the standards society has set for me. with or with out mushrooms.
edit on 7-12-2015 by JohnnySavage because: I spelt psychedelic wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnySavage

Well first off Welcome to ATS,

Second you may want to clean up the history of the Usage for the guy that was not quite you, Ya might not want to be seen encouraging it. Think there are some legal reasons why.

Meanwhile your in good company, I have yet to find anyone on this site who struck me as sub-par in the ability to think and discuss multiple topics.

Drop by each forum you can get lost for days reading here.

CoBaZ

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

edit on 7-12-2015 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I'm also 19-years-old. I consider myself completely different from my peers in terms of moral understanding but didn't do too well in school due to paranoia and depression. So, from what I gather in your post, you're quite the opposite of me. You'll fit in nicely.

Welcome to ATS. Make yourself at home.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

His act is fairly clean now, but I'm sure he is still curious.

Anyways, the topics I have came across thus far were more than I expected. I love the vast amount of knowledge each individual member has to share.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Passerby1996

Sorry to hear that. I'm a very sympathetic and caring person, and I would do absolutely anything and everything just to give you a shred of the confidence I had during high school. Depression hits my heart because I suffered as a child when my father was murdered right in front of me. It destroyed my life entirely, but I grew up and out of it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

By god, that's awful! I can't really think of an event in my life that must've been nearly as traumatizing as that.

As long as I can remember I had a deep paranoia eating away at everything I did and still do. This lead me to become a loner and very awkward around other people, which you can imagine lead to some very embarassing social situations that still haunt me to this day. These scars manifest as my depression. I'm the best I've ever been right now, but the hardest part to gaining full control of my fears is still ahead of me.

But enough about me. I hope the community is a good fit for you. I can't really think of any other community as large as this one so accepting of off-the-wall and alternative beliefs. Technically I've been on this site for years lurking threads yet only recently have I become a member. It's a great place to debate those with different perspectives as well, if that's your thing!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

This is not the shroomery--while plenty of people here do have experience with such things, that is not the focus of many of our discussions here at all. Just saying. Anyway, welcome to ATS.

See you around the forums.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm only half a year from being 19, so welcome to this wonderful land and be enlightened, though to be fair I don't think anyone here can teach you. You will learn, but without a teacher or professor. Simply observe and engage. Knowledge will come.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
For my part, Johnny, welcome to ats.
otherwise, are we to learn from you or are you learning from us? That's always a huge consideration. Perhaps, though, both may transpire, if we are all lucky…..
JMHO.
You are very young. I don't hold that against you. Just observing. And that you've started your time here, with an introduction referenicng how we can become more intelligent human beings….

I think you'll be surprised to find there are many intelligent human beings transversing this space, with or without psychedelics. That's a little besides the point. We can get into that, in depth, later, if you wish: for, psychedelic seeking may or may not be directly related to intelligence and seeking answers, or just an escape. Depends entirely upon your juxtaposed context.

What I find to be stellar about this place, is cutting through all those layers of juxtapositions, to find true context…..if you know what I mean, and that has nothing to do with altering consciousness or mood states, whatsoever, but living with what you're given, cannot control and accepting, rolling with it, anyhow.

Again, JMHO.
welcome, once again.
tetra50

(post by Bobaganoosh removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Welcome Johnny...

Can you enlighten us old farts about "yolo" and "swag"?

You remind me a little of Gregory Smith, the child prodigy who finished college at 13.

I believe his IQ was so high that it could not be measured BTW.

edit on 7-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You sound like a "fun guy." Get it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'ma call you Dave.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Welcome! I sure hope this other guy is taking care of their health and their brain. If you handle your arguments the right way you may learn a thing or two from them. Most argue against things encroaching into their comfort zone and close their minds. Arguments can be used to poke and prod at assumptions to ensure they are sound, to turn on a view point to check it's validity, to shake up a stance to see if it can hold itself up to scrutiny.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I once knew swim. Welcome. Remember to respect your elders young man. Congrads on GPA.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole...
What is YOLO & SWAG?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

You Only Live Once - yolo

Secretly We Are Gay - swag

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Thank you for clearing that up

edit on 7-12-2015 by Lora73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join