It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT: Americans With Assault Rifles Should 'Give Them Up For The Good Of Their Fellow Citizens'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Domo1

Truth is, I don't personally have anything against guns. I'd never turn down the chance to fire off a few rounds and think anyone living on a rural property should be allowed to own one... Especially in the US where you have bears, large cats and dangerous canines everywhere, lol.

But I just don't personally think "assault rifles" or guns of any kind for that matter, belong in suburban homes. Its blatant over kill, it also puts the American people at more risk (imo), rather than less.

You just summed up pretty much how I feel about the situation.....

Yet no star for the comment?

Kind of like your calling me out as a wanker, who manages to hit the nail on the head, once in a blue moon... Nah, its all good mate, I'm just winding ya up and could care less what my Aussie or American brothers think of me. I ain't afraid to say what I think. Even if it does sacrifice my completely 'average' star to post ratio, lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Gotta love the gun Nazis! Reminiscent of 1930s Germany when the fascists went around burning books they didn't like. The modern day equivalence the Nazis are at it again trying to 'burn' guns they don't like.

Paranoid nonsense.

Why yes my fellow Americans we should give up our 'assault' weapons for the 'good' of our fellow citizens!

Good idea .

It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection. America’s elected leaders offer prayers for gun victims and then, callously and without fear of consequence, reject the most basic restrictions on weapons of mass killing, as they did on Thursday. They distract us with arguments about the word terrorism. Let’s be clear: These spree killings are all, in their own ways, acts of terrorism.

You are a terrorist now gun owners.

Well said.

So now Imma a 'terrorist' for merely owning a 'assault' weapon! Never mind I, and millions of other Americans haven't done anything. Why no Imma a terrorist!

Not until you lose it and use it .

The left is now mixing terrorism and mass shootings to push a narrative to eviscerate the Second Amendment.

Danger. Danger Will Robinson.

War just been declared on you gun owners.

They will never falter. They will not waiver. They will not yield.

Gun owners civil liberties are of no consequence to gun nazis.

Get ready for the, 'Your either with us or against us'.

Coming to a city near you soon.

Purile , ridiculous , rhetoric.

The point is , nobody needs an assault rifle. It is your moral responsibility to
give those weapons up. Step up to the plate . Be brave . Your country's innocent
future victims demand it. Your 'rights' are inconsequential in the face of the
greater good.
Diminished responsibility much >?
You sound like a drunk driver who won't give up driving .
Flame away , I'm done with this thread.

edit on 7-12-2015 by radarloveguy because: xxx

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The police? 
But they're their to uphold the constitution. 
That can't be right. 

Do you mean the same police that regularly have cases thrown out of court because they did something unconstitutional?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

You are likening law abiding gun owners to a person that committed a crime.
No equivalence there.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

originally posted by: neo96
Gotta love the gun Nazis! Reminiscent of 1930s Germany when the fascists went around burning books they didn't like. The modern day equivalence the Nazis are at it again trying to 'burn' guns they don't like.

Paranoid nonsense.

Why yes my fellow Americans we should give up our 'assault' weapons for the 'good' of our fellow citizens!

Good idea .

It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection. America’s elected leaders offer prayers for gun victims and then, callously and without fear of consequence, reject the most basic restrictions on weapons of mass killing, as they did on Thursday. They distract us with arguments about the word terrorism. Let’s be clear: These spree killings are all, in their own ways, acts of terrorism.

You are a terrorist now gun owners.

Well said.

So now Imma a 'terrorist' for merely owning a 'assault' weapon! Never mind I, and millions of other Americans haven't done anything. Why no Imma a terrorist!

Not until you lose it and use it .

The left is now mixing terrorism and mass shootings to push a narrative to eviscerate the Second Amendment.

Danger. Danger Will Robinson.

War just been declared on you gun owners.

They will never falter. They will not waiver. They will not yield.

Gun owners civil liberties are of no consequence to gun nazis.

Get ready for the, 'Your either with us or against us'.

Coming to a city near you soon.

Purile , ridiculous , rhetoric.

The point is , nobody needs an assault rifle. It is your moral responsibility to
give those weapons up. Step up to the plate . Be brave . Your country's innocent
future victims demand it. Your 'rights' are inconsequential in the face of the
greater good.
Diminished responsibility much >?
Flame away , I'm done with this thread.

"Your rights are inconsequential in the face of the greater good"

God you new age "progressives" are scary

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: RoadCourse

A raving lunatic who cries about their guns being taken away when in reality, ie away from LaLaLand where the raving lunatic resides, their guns will never be taken away.

Yes, because its never happened before.

You would be a fascinating history teacher.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I see the 'who is going to take your weapons' question a lot on this thread. and really, it's not that hard to answer.

your grand-children will take them away.

You see, there will be no banning of firearms. They will simply be branded as 'irresponsible', 'dangerous', 'the tool of terrorists' and more. Gun owners will be villified. The reason you guys don't buy into the propaganda machine is because it is not aimed at you...but at the next generations.

Gun laws will be strickter and the prices of gun ownership will rise. The number of weapons will gradually decrease as a result of the cost of ownership. And later, when you are to old to object, your precious firearms will be handed in to the police by your own flesh and blood because grand-dad/mom is a bit nuts.

What you see happening is a long term approach. Not a quick 'change the law and see what happens' approach.

But hey...I could be completely wrong and you'll have FEMA-troops collecting them next week

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Gun nut - The armed forces and police would never take our guns, they'd be on our side...

Anti Gun nut - Then why do you need guns...

Gun nut- I need guns because the government want to take my guns...

Anti gun nut - Wait... What?

^^^^^^^^^
That's why you all sound like raving lunatics.

What is a "Gun nut"?

Do I need one for my "Assault" rifle?
i think that's the knob on the end of a shotgun magazine tube.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
also you should never put a salt on guns. it's bad for the metal.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse
Who makes the "Assault" rifle?

Where can I get one?

change the stock, and you're golden

silly...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Gun grabbers have a problem: they are powerless to do what they want legally. They are therefore having a public tantrum.

Think about it: there is no way any gun grabber legislation will make it through the current legislature and the SCOTUS has already ruled executive orders/regulation changes cannot be used to write law bypassing the Legislative process.

Therefore we have a public spectacle of liberal meltdown.
edit on 7-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You are missing the point between individuals and collectives.

The individuals in the armed services and police might be on our side to some degree, but they are sworn to a collective entity that will not be on our side because those entities represent a government that will not be on our side. What each of those individuals wind up with is a personal crisis between personal beliefs and collective loyalty.

Those of us on the outside cannot count of the outcome of each of those personal crises to favor us.

But go on believing your pretty little inconsistency you have created because it makes you feel better.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: XtrozeroWhat if I said that out of 330 million people 8000 are killed each year by guns.

I'd say you're a liar.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

That includes suicides.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That includes suicides.

Sure. And all other types of deaths by firearms. BY FIREARMS.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I suppose I could sell my pistol to someone who likes guns, effectively giving it up and actually getting good money for it. I am not going to give up a pistol for nothing, I want fair market value for it, what it bluebooks at. Who in their right mind would just hand over a valuable asset to the government without getting reimbursed for it's actual value.

I would bet that the workers scavange some of the guns for parts. There is a good market for used parts for guns.

If I wanted to get rid of my pistol, I would probably see one of my friends that was a police officer to see if he knew anyone who wanted to buy it. But then what would I have to protect me from the bears trying to get my blueberries when I go picking berries, that pistol makes enough noise to chase away a bear, just shoot it in front of him and if he keeps coming let him have it. As a last resort, I will give him my blueberries.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

The suicide numbers are included to purposefully conflate the figures. If someone wants to kill themselves why differentiate how they achieve their lofty purpose?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
wanna know something funneh? Last year in april the NYT editorialized that the no fly list was unconstitutional and a very very naughty infringement on our rights. now they luvz it. ain't that a byotch?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That includes suicides.

But suicide is an important one to take out.

After all, were we discussing right to die. Suicide is portrayed as a noble way to go with dignity, so why would suicide by FIREARM ... FIREARM ... be any less of a noble way to go being a manner of the person's own choosing?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

How dare you have a use a firearm as a legitimate tool as do most people in rural areas?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join