It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can my boss look at my Facebook page?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even my 18 yr old son knows all about creating an 'image' on his facebook and twitter, only pics of him are playing rugby, doing wholesome things etc, any employer scanning his feeds will think he's a model of youthful perfection.

It's all a con though, I know the real lad lol, but I taught him well about protecting his online footprint, especially when you search his first and (our unusual) family name, he's the only one on Google, as am I.
No way am I or him damaging our family name online, not happening.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm currently in a custody proceeding where Facebook is about 3/4s of my evidence. A lot of old messages, all the way back to 2009. I have my ex blocked from my list but I can use a friends account to see what's on his. Right now he has the same mentality as the girl mentioned in the op. Facebook has actually helped my case because of his ego. I post a lot myself on fb but nothing that stupid. Good post. I don't know how to flag or star sorry.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Miznchops

To star a post, just click on one of the non-filled in stars above the post you want to star. To flag a thread, click on the non-filled in flag next to the page navigation links (there should also be a number next to it which will increment by 1 if you click it).

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Thank you!!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is the exact reason I stopped putting my real name on my social media accounts years ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miznchops

I'm currently in a custody proceeding where Facebook is about 3/4s of my evidence. A lot of old messages, all the way back to 2009. I have my ex blocked from my list but I can use a friends account to see what's on his. Right now he has the same mentality as the girl mentioned in the op. Facebook has actually helped my case because of his ego. I post a lot myself on fb but nothing that stupid. Good post. I don't know how to flag or star sorry.

I'm sure that if your ex actually looked into your accounts the picture you have posted as member with a pot leaf behind the American flag could be used against you. Even if you used a different email address to make this account your ip address can be linked to your posts which can be linked back to your personal location which then can be linked to your ISP or internet service provider account linked to your name. so unless your running through a proxy and created the email address linked with this site using the proxy you can be found. I also sure given the sites nature of "conspiracy" he could also use that against you. Remember people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and privacy doesn't end at facebook.

My degree is in information security so when I see a person using personal posts as evidence against a friend/husband/family member who trusted them with the personal information in trials I tend to believe that person is an opportunist. How is it what you are doing any better then what they posted? If i'm not mistaken your abusing a trust relationship to benefit yourself.

edit on 7-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

The law only cares "Did that person post said comment/image/whatever, or not?"
Moral hand wringing about the intentions of the person who found the information doesn't really come in to it if it was obtained legally off social media.
edit on 7.12.2015 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Why would it be illegal to look at someone's social media that is set on public settings? If you're so concerned about your boss seeing your Facebook, then set it to private. Otherwise it's fair game and totally legal to view.

Lots of employers will view applicants social media accounts prior to interviewing them, you can even do a quick Google search of someone's name and find out a lot about them that way too.

All of my social media is set to private, I don't want my employees seeing what I like to do in my spare time.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

The point is that it isn't. This is a rant about having to listen to a woman's sheer stupidity because she was talking loudly on the phone while sitting behind me. The fact that she wanted to sue because she posted something dumb for all the world to see.

I do not use facebook, and if you read my post ou would see that this wasn't about me, and the fact that what you posted about employers should be common knowledge.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm aware this is no more private than other social media and am willing to accept repercussions from my internet use., it is public it can be used. I was merely using my situation as an example, I don't even actually know if it will help me or my ex or not help either.
edit on 1272015 by Miznchops because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yes.
I told her she could...

Å99
edit on 7-12-2015 by akushla99 because: Sex change

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join