It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter Tyler Mall Riverside Ca.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: ReadLeader
This is getting ridiculous. Now the media is just looking for shootings to report so they can keep the fear ramped up.

Maybe they don't even need to look. I probably should have kept that to myself - pardon the outburst.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ah that is what was going on, somebody was periscoping it earlier and I watched a bit. I didn't really see alot though.
edit on 6-12-2015 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wow. Just another day at the beach these days. Growing up, I never even remember one shooting / other than the FFA bragging about a turkey shoot

I guess it is, the crazy part is crime keeps going down ever year so just think how evil things were in the US a few decades and earlier, or maybe everything is reported to the world every second of the day and it seems like more violence because we are beat over the head with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I don't know how those stats on crime dropping could possibly be right. It seems that violence and craziness is at an all time high. Things were definitely safer in the past.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

or maybe everything is reported to the world every second of the day and it seems like more violence because we are beat over the head with it.

I think this is the correct answer. It certainly seems that the reason things feel worse is because instead of listening to the local news once or twice a day, you're getting worldwide coverage every second.

Hey OP, WTF is your avatar. It's been bugging me.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

I don't know how those stats on crime dropping could possibly be right. It seems that violence and craziness is at an all time high. Things were definitely safer in the past.

Take a look at 1993 and 1994 I don't remember ever really hearing about murders back then.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
well not to dump on anyones reporting, but since the Law enforcement Agency themselves stated there was no shooter .... isnt this title a hoax now?? I mean ReadLeader im not saying nothing in your regard, you and all of the rest of us were completely unaware. Yes a crime took place, but technically speaking, no shooter at all.

There was an interesting robbery like this in my city last year at the mall next to the international airport though. Check out the similarities

TAMPA — Tuesday afternoon’s smash-and-grab robbery - three men broke a jewelry case and ran off with its contents - was typical in many ways, but with two important distinctions:

♦ It happened at the International Plaza, a popular, high-end mall in Tampa that was crowded with post-Christmas shoppers, and

♦ When one of the men used a small sledgehammer to break open the jewelry case, the breaking glass sounded like gunshots.

Those were important distinctions.

The fear that a gunman was on the loose in International Plaza caused the mall to shut down. Shoppers began rushing outside, though some patrons and employees stayed inside and hid wherever they could.

News of a “gunman’’ spread almost instantly through Twitter and other social media, with posts from witnesses claiming they heard gunfire forwarded and retweeted again and again. Tampa police, who recently had held “active shooter’’ training at the mall, rushed to the scene, as did officers from numerous other agencies, including the FBI.

The panic was unnecessary.

After a search of the center, Tampa police determined the initial reports of gunfire were unfounded and that nobody was injured. The mall reopened shortly after 5 p.m.

“Everybody is safe,” Deputy Chief Brian Dugan said during a press conference. “There was no sign of a gun, there were no gunshots.”

Witnesses mistook the sound of the smashing glass for gunfire, officials said, and police initially responded as if there was an active shooter in the mall. Tampa police officers stationed at the mall for the holidays and officers from the Florida Highway Patrol, the FBI, the U.S. Marshals Service and nearby Tampa International Airport all rushed to the scene minutes after someone called 911 at about 4 p.m, officials said.

What really interests me though is how these two incidents are unfolded almost EXACTLY the same nearly a yer apart. Maybe there is some numerology code in there somewhere lol. Now the question may be, was there recent active shooting drill at this mall in California recently as well? Because that would be too much coincidence for my comfort, and reeks of NDAA 2012 sponsored propaganda.
edit on 8-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join