It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccan questions?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I also recommend Lady V's site. alot of very good info there.

If you want itI have a copy of a Wiccaning Prayer, also I think this was discussed here at one time so you might try search.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
mainly because she was really insistent on us (my wife and I) putting $5000 into a pyramid scheme. (heh heh)

The point is that she thought certain powers to do magick were transferred mother to daughter (sons need not apply, *snicker*) and that may be what your mother meant.
You say you "hung around enough to know....then you should of know this is not inherently "Wiccan" and the "Hereditary Witch" is a contention within the community..... one is really know better than the other!

Apart from a few more I'd recommend, there are literally hundreds of really bad writers cashing in on the popularity of Wicca...so be careful you don't waste your money.

Very, very truthful...there are always those that are fake and into anything for money. First and foremost "Wicca" is a religion. It is not about money, magic or fads......All witches are not Wiccan , but there are Wiccan Witches and not all Wiccans are Witches. Not all Witches and/or Wiccans use magick.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm Wiccan, having joined during the early days of the movement (1968) and can say with confidence that there is no "wiccan breeding agenda" or program.

NOW -- it is ENTIRELY possible that a coven under a somewhat ... extraordinary ... coven leaders might decide that they want to have sex for the purpose of having children with the greatest amount of psychic powers or (insert favorite New Age Woo-Woo Concept here.) So, yes, a small group of people could have had such an agenda and this could indeed be their explaination for why you were born.

Having a great "destiny" (no matter how much of a lie it is) can give you confidence even in the worst of times. Unfortunatly, it can also lead you into some pretty bad head trips.

My personal suggestion is take it with a grain of salt: local group, now disbanded over personality issues, with some sort of agenda that will never be realized. You are special... but so are we all. Use it as a sign to explore your best and kindest and most empathic talents and use it as a sign to say you can achieve great goals by working hard.

But avoid the meglomania trips. I've seen that. It's not pretty.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by MacMerdin
This might be a whole nother thread but the harm none doesn't sit well with me. When I brush my teeth I harm alot of bacteria...does this count?

Not to worry...you are expected to protect yourself and your family. You can not let poisonous spiders, brown recluse and the like, invade your home, bite your children. Others insects I remove and put them outside. You never intentionally hurt something without a logical and honest reason. And when you do have to, do so respectfully. It's very hard for others to understand. I believe in the death penalty for rape and murder....get them over this incarnate and reliving it so they can do better next time around...hopefully. All I can say is, be the best you can be, live what you preach and let others live their life...put out positive and that same positive energy will surround you in return....like attracts like...

The best answer I have heard so far. I agree with the whole concept. I would never perform magic to do harm to another...but it also goes beyond that. It counts even if you are angry with someone and call them a condosending name or such thing. Some Christians could learn from the wiccans. I said some not all.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow Byrd...yes I've seen the megolomaniacs in the pagan religions myself. Every religion has them, does not mean the fundamental thoughts and teachings are wrong. Same goes for any religion. If I take Mr. Phelps and his flock as the only source of Christianity....boy would I think that was an F'd up religion. But, I know there are fundy nuts out there in every religion. By the way...if you haven't figured out yet, I'm pagan (but still believe in Jesus's teachings)...not wiccan but a personal, spiritual, nature based religion that I and my GOD and GODDESS have developed for me together. Peace all.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Lady V...with all due respect...my exact words were "I never stuck around long enough" which is quite a distance from "hung around long enough".

I wouldn't really have been bothered by this but for the fact that my post was on a previous page to yours.

What I have taken away from the experience of a "Full Wheel" with a coven would more than fill a few pages, but it is kinda personal. I have no problem with Wicca, believe me, it's the phoneys that seem to tag along all agog with the 'power to make rain' or the ability to 'banish' or 'enthrall' through potions and spells that really got my goat...all those fluffbunnies full of 'power over'.

sheesh!

[edit on 5-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm sorry...my bad...I musta mis read it.....and yes there are many "fluffbunnies" "The Craft" wannabees...and a lot of Goths that say they are Wiccan....

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No problem, lady v...I know better than to mess with the Goddess

I always took it, when I was involved, that The Craft crossed with the Rede in that it did do harm, just like that pyramid scheme did. When the cops finally did get involved, the last to put up the dough lost out big time, but our good priestess got her 40,000 out of it. That did it for us, and we were gone.

About the Goth thing...too true...like Wicca had to have a costume and black lipstick... lol

The rituals, in themselves, were wonderful and meaningful. To experience them comes close only to my time with an Ojibwa healer and the cleansing ritual associated with the sweatlodge ceremony.
There are so many similarities between Ojibwa traditions and the Wiccan, it left me thinking that at one time there must have been an all-encompassing world religion.

masqua

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I never thought I'd get so much feedback on this im Quite thankful for all the info and conjecture. It is quite refreshing to know there is no wiccan breeding agenda or anything like that. I am a bit intrigued as to the witchcraft though. Not sure entirely how to go about it its never been a mainstay of my curiosity. I have been quite a science based person up until lately and am just now thinking about possible other things outside the box so to speak.

But that answers pretty much all the questions i have. By the way for those doing the he/she thing im a he. And my backround is based in scotland and britain. As my name is hyphenated with both mackay(scottish) and Carr(british) I do belive that the scottish family line actually owned most of the sutherlands at one point under some queen and were Probably a very large family so its probably impossible to track my true ancestry. Any way thanks all.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm sorry...my bad...I musta mis read it.....and yes there are many "fluffbunnies" "The Craft" wannabees...and a lot of Goths that say they are Wiccan....

Wow...I thought my neck of the woods only used "fluff bunnies". But in addition....don't discredit someone if they say they have made it rain. It can and does happen...American Indian Rain Dance. But where I'm from, we call "fluffbunnies" the people who go around saying "love and light...merry meet" stuff like that. Not wannabees. We just call the wannabees.....well....wannabees. No offense to the love and light people out there...just that's what we call you. ladyV...I don't consider you one of these "fluffbunnies" because you have shown me more than that....and tell me if I'm wrong...but I get a suspition that you believe in the maiden, mother and croan aspect of the goddess. The croan being not a very love and light being. Am I right?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
On the 'crone' aspect of what you said. Macmerdin, here is an excerp from Richard Rudgley's 'The Lost Civilizations of the Stone Age'...

"...the rituals that took place at Catal Huyuk were conducted by priestesses and that male priests played a comparatively minor role in the ceremonial life of the community. As the biological source of life, the Neolitic woman became a symbol of the agricultural enterprise- of fertility, seasonal renewal and both life and death. Those aspects of the goddess that were neolithic in origin were grafted onto to earlier branches of mythology associated with the hunting life that was universal in the Upper Paeolithic period....by depictions of her in association with wild beasts, most strikingly with the most dangerous predator of the region-the leopard."

The Upper Palaeolithic period runs from 40,000 yrs to 10,000 yrs before present.

Kinda makes you wonder how long the dangerous 'crone' (Goddess) ruled before being supplanted by a male God, eh?

masqua

good grief...how did this wind up on the wrong thread? rotflmsao

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The croan being not a very love and light being. Am I right?

All
things must be in balance! There is no other way. There has to be negative and positive with all things! There must be the masculine and the feminine...that's what is wrong with the earth right now! It is seriously out of balance! As to the rain....LOL...I am half Cherokee/Lumbee

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Exactly...and thanks for the real spelling of the "crone". Could for some reason not think of how she's spelled. Now kali will definately be giving me some instant karma (joking).

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

LOL...I am half Cherokee/Lumbee

I am 1/8th Cherokee myself...merry meet.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Now kali will definately be giving me some instant karma (joking).

I am one of those people that have "instant karma" Some people have to wait months, years, for karma to hit them...not me, I learned at a very young age....if I do something wrong...I'll get it back within the week....always!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Tell me about it LadyV...sometimes I'll get it back within hours. I usually just take it though with humming the Beatles song "Instant Karma"....seams to help my mood a little.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
You asked is there any "inheritance in Wicca"...
I am not a wiccan myself, but did spend time with them...enough to get a fairly good impression of what their thinking is. When you asked about 'inheritance', it reminded me of one particular lady who called herself a witch and she was quite proud of the fact that she came from a succession of witches, passed mother to daughter. I never stuck around long enough, mainly because she was really insistent on us (my wife and I) putting $5000 into a pyramid scheme. (heh heh)
masqua

Knowledge and skills can actually pass from mother to daughter. But genetically nobody will be able to learn anything just through inheritance. You got to learn, and sharpen your skills. That way you'll be a wise man!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

All things must be in balance! There is no other way. There has to be negative and positive with all things! There must be the masculine and the feminine...that's what is wrong with the earth right now! It is seriously out of balance! As to the rain....LOL...I am half Cherokee/Lumbee

There is another way. Think like an absolutist. There is absolute good. There is absolute evil. Us humans tend to muttle it up with our justifcations, faulty reasoning, and selfish desires. We're 'caught in the middle' if you will of a very polarized system. So, choose your alignment. Step carefully, look into your heart, and please by all means make the right choice the first time.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've heard some people say things like "I was born a _______". What does that mean? How can you be born of a religion? You can be taught a religion but no-one is born believing something. Ritual or not, it will not dictate what you think. If mind control were that easy, don't you think some government out there would have a patent on it?
Stuff to think about. You must make your own walk in order to believe, have experiences and find the truth. Remeber though, seek and you'll find so I'd recommend God first
. It'll save a lot of pain.

Pray, train. study.
God Bless.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I've heard some people say things like "I was born a _______". What does that mean? How can you be born of a religion? You can be taught a religion but no-one is born believing something. Ritual or not, it will not dictate what you think. If mind control were that easy, don't you think some government out there would have a patent on it?
Stuff to think about. You must make your own walk in order to believe, have experiences and find the truth. Remeber though, seek and you'll find so I'd recommend God first
. It'll save a lot of pain.

Pray, train. study.
God Bless.

You can be "born" a Jew, you can be "Born again".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join