It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccan questions?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ok heres the deal if people have read my other posts you might see that i have mentioned possibly being a product of a wiccan breeding agenda.

First, What the hell does that mean? My mother told me of this and said that i was a product of wiccan breeding. Personally im skeptical because my knowledge of this general thing is pretty limited i have read a bit but am still left wondering.

Does anyone know of any wiccan breeding agendas? Is it possible to have any inheritance in wiccanism? What things should i read and know about if it is true? Other than my own mother who else could i confide in? If I wanted to seriously pursue this what might my best options be? What is wiccanism? How do i find out if I am Wiccan or part of something Wiccan? Anything would be highly appreciated, hopefully you don't all think I'm nuts but i wold understand personally.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is a simple belief/religion/witchery. Nothing unusual, and has nothing to do with breeding/inheritance... You are your mother's son.

The fact, that a specific person can recognize you and your soul, has nothing to do with wiccan religion. It is not even your unique power or your brain capability. You are simply any of that 6.5 billion on this planet.

Don't worry, there is nothing unusual about this!!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I dont know the answer to any of these but we have several wiccans here that I am sure would answer your questions, LadyV comes to mind right off the bat.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
This is a simple belief/religion/witchery. Nothing unusual, and has nothing to do with breeding/inheritance... You are your mother's son.

The fact, that a specific person can recognize you and your soul, has nothing to do with wiccan religion. It is not even your unique power or your brain capability. You are simply any of that 6.5 billion on this planet.

Don't worry, there is nothing unusual about this!!

this answers only one of my questions. What i really want to know is why would my mother mention this. Is it possible there is some rituals i am not aware of from before my birth that have to do with me. Is it also possible that i am gifted for wiccan rituals whatever that may be. I have taken martial arts maybe that furthered my natural ability to have self discipline with my own energy? i just want some difinitive answers to my questions.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
this answers only one of my questions. What i really want to know is why would my mother mention this. Is it possible there is some rituals i am not aware of from before my birth that have to do with me. Is it also possible that i am gifted for wiccan rituals whatever that may be. I have taken martial arts maybe that furthered my natural ability to have self discipline with my own energy? i just want some difinitive answers to my questions.

The answer is clearly NO...!

There never were any rituals near or against you. In fact, you are not part of any ritual that you are (not) aware of. Neither are you gifted at all (relating this thread). Your self discipline is your learnt ability, I suggest that everyone on this world. Very useful.

I'm seeing, that you are highly interested in magic and manmade powers, but I suggest you keep away from them. Magic doesn't exist, but in its place human hostility does.

Anyway, there are some people could be here on ATS that can answer your questions definitely. I'm not an expert, and I like sensible way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists

Why not just ask your mother what she meant or just come out and ask her why she even mentioned it in the first place.

Only a true wiccan can explain what you want to know. I say this only assuming your mother is a practicing wiccan.

[edit on 1/5/2005 by shots]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Only a true wiccan can explain what you want to know. I say this only assuming your mother is a practicing wiccan.

[edit on 1/5/2005 by shots]

What is a true wiccan??? My personal opinion is that there is no such thing. There isn't even a true believer/follower of God!! How do you know, what goes through his/her mind?? Those priests in churches/chapels are actually raping women and children. All that comes to surface years later. Then your belief in them actually collapses. I don't say that priests are evil, but I do make a cunclusion, that you cannot tell what are a person's true thoughts. Simply because most people are actors of this world.

There are some people who have genuine feelings in this world, but they are very rare. With these feelings you could have firm power over any person's thoughts. You could even tell what he thinks, before he actually said that! Clearly, no need for rituals, no need for magic items, no need for all that bull some nuts pay for! Everything is encrypted in your mind, you just need someone who has the ability to decode that. All that simple.

Any of your personal thoughts, that can't let you sleep, are simply your behaviour, and you can have full control over that. In case you don't, that means you don't know how to handle your own mind...!! Easy, isn't it??

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

What is a true wiccan???

A wiccan is one who practices the Wicca religion which is by defintion;
A pagan nature religion having its roots in pre-Christian western Europe and undergoing a 20th-century revival, especially in the United States and Great Britain.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I haven't read all posts yet, but if you were born into a christian , muslim, jewish etc. family....does that make it some sort of religious breeding agenda?...I think not. I don't want to be impolite but please return Rosemary's baby to Blockbusters....it is over due.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
A wiccan is one who practices the Wicca religion which is by defintion;

That's clear. Still, it won't make you a true believer, answering questions supporting another true believer's needs, or supporting their law. A true believer is different to that mass going to church/rituals. I've seen fighting people on Sunday right at the church, after prayer. Most believers after leaving the church, in their everyday life they are daemons with cursed mind. But you and most others could hardly see any of that. But this IS the truth...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
To actually be on subject. Yes, there are true wiccans as much as there are true Christians. No difference really except that wiccans believe in a god and goddess and no hell/satan/whatever. Wiccans as I understand it do believe in dark forces (evil if you will) but they are not actually evil in the Christian sense of it. The dark forces are only on the other side of light. How could love/light exist without dark/hate?

I'm not wiccan but have a strong affiliation with other pagan religions. Also wiccans are not witches and witches are not wiccan. One who practices magic is a "witch"...not all wiccans practice magic. And not all magic practitioners are wiccan...understand?

I have no idea why your mother would say such a thing....unless she was part of some sort of messed up wiccan religion (yes they are out there as well as messed up any religious nuts....Mr. Phelps and his sheeple come to mind but that's another story).

Hope this helps...I was not trying to be insultive in any way in my last post....was just joking around with you. Peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Heh, Christian babies have rituals performed over them, so why not Wiccan?

Magickesists, it sounds to me like you might already be on the way to realizing that those kind of rituals only have power if you give them any. No one can stain, taint or mark a spirit/soul permenantly except the owner of it and presumably the Creator, if there is one and you think it does such things. Rituals are just a way to boost and symbolize belief. Those who have no faith in the unproven myths and dogma which gave birth to these rituals need have no fear of them. They are as real as your belief makes them.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Those who have no faith in the unproven myths and dogma which gave birth to these rituals need have no fear of them. They are as real as your belief makes them.

That is definitely right. I hope, some other minds are capable to comprehend that.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin

I have no idea why your mother would say such a thing....unless she was part of some sort of messed up wiccan religion (yes they are out there as well as messed up any religious nuts....Mr. Phelps and his sheeple come to mind but that's another story).
Peace.

That is exactly the reason I suggested he/she ask their mother. Only she can answer that question, none of us has any idea which form of Wiccan she is using. You are also right about the so called new order widdcans they are sheeple alright.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hello...I am a generational Wiccan...not to be confused with a Hereditary Wiccan.....my mother and my grandmother and my great grandmother, were Witches, not Wiccan per say. You mother probably meant that someone within your family, are/were, Wiccans. As to Rituals...yes, there is a sort of Wiccaning done at births much like that of a Christening....nothing negative, or sinister. The main tenet of the Wiccan faith, is "An it harm none, do as though wilt" this includes our/yourself. We believe in the whatever you do to anyone or anything, comes back to you three or nine fold....so you strive to be the best person you can be.....because it will come bad to you good, or bad whatever actions you take. You may wish to check out my web site The Witches Craft and also, just because you may have Wiccan in your family and may of had a wiccaning...doesn't mean you are Wiccan....you have to choose that on your own. A Wiccaning is not a ritual to make you anything, it's not a ritual to do anything to you other than introduce you, in your new incanation, to the universe.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
We believe in the whatever you do to anyone or anything, comes back to you three or nine fold....so you strive to be the best person you can be.....because it will come bad to you good, or bad whatever actions you take.

I strongly agree with this phase, and so does the Bible. . . Be as good as you can, very strict rule. I don't say that I'm the power of Good, but I am definately not evil or hostile. But I try as much as I can. No hurting other people's feelings, perhaps that can be a nice guideline!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
LadyV...you astound me again with your wisdom and words. It took you only a paragraph to explain what would have taken me three. I'm going to check out your site now.....sounds very informative. I know many wiccans....of witch (pun intended) I am not a part of. This might be a whole nother thread but the harm none doesn't sit well with me. When I brush my teeth I harm alot of bacteria...does this count? When I walk...there maybe some bacteria squashed or maybe an ant...sorry didn't see you there. I understand the harm none but just like anyother religion you can find faults with it. Not trying to degrade wicca or anything....just trying to fing my own path in this world and beyond. Thanks for all your insite.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wanted to add that I have never heard of any "Wiccan breeding agenda" where did you come up with that phrase? There is no such thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
This might be a whole nother thread but the harm none doesn't sit well with me. When I brush my teeth I harm alot of bacteria...does this count?

Not to worry...you are expected to protect yourself and your family. You can not let poisonous spiders, brown recluse and the like, invade your home, bite your children. Others insects I remove and put them outside. You never intentionally hurt something without a logical and honest reason. And when you do have to, do so respectfully. It's very hard for others to understand. I believe in the death penalty for rape and murder....get them over this incarnate and reliving it so they can do better next time around...hopefully. All I can say is, be the best you can be, live what you preach and let others live their life...put out positive and that same positive energy will surround you in return....like attracts like...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You asked is there any "inheritance in Wicca"...

Personally, I don't think so... no more, as others have said, than it would be for Catholics, Muslims or Presbyterians.

I am not a wiccan myself, but did spend time with them...enough to get a fairly good impression of what their thinking is. When you asked about 'inheritance', it reminded me of one particular lady who called herself a witch and she was quite proud of the fact that she came from a succession of witches, passed mother to daughter. I never stuck around long enough, mainly because she was really insistent on us (my wife and I) putting $5000 into a pyramid scheme. (heh heh)

The point is that she thought certain powers to do magick were transferred mother to daughter (sons need not apply, *snicker*) and that may be what your mother meant.

BTW...Wicca, as it is practiced today, to my understanding, was introduced around the middle of the 20th century through three primary sources, the Farrars, who wrote "A Witches Bible" in 1981, Gerald B.Gardner who wrote "High Magicks Aid" in 1949 and Aleister Crowley who wrote "The Book of Thoth" in 1969. These books all followed a path to practices still tentatively around nearly 2 millenia after Rome conquered most of the European countries and brought Christanity with them. They are nature based, meaning that they governed themselves to the lunar cycles and the turning of the seasons. They worshipped nature and Druidism may very well be related in a significant way at the time the Romans showed up in Britain.

Worship of the Feminine, however, is something I'm studying now, and it has shown itself to be around from our prehistoric days...so, that too is relevant.

There are some really excellent publications besides these three...Vivvianne Crowley (no relation to Aleister) wrote a book called 'Wicca' that is exceptionally well written. Also I would recommend 'The White Goddess' by Robert Graves and 'West Country Wicca' by Rhiannon Ryall.

Apart from a few more I'd recommend, there are literally hundreds of really bad writers cashing in on the popularity of Wicca...so be careful you don't waste your money.

masqua

[edit on 5-1-2005 by masqua]

[edit on 5-1-2005 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join