It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream of Obamas Announcement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: intrptr

Oh geebus.

Compromise among non-terrorist Americans, okay? Do you really need things spelled out to you at that level of detail?

They're not talking about disarming. Get a grip.

And you know what? Even if they were, did you read what I wrote above about how compromise could be enacted to prevent that? No. Of course you didn't.

At least some people are trying to start a dialog about real solutions. Clearly there aren't a lot of those here.

CAN'T disarm me, cause I got grip.
Lol sorry. It was wide open.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why would a person qualify to be dangerous enough not to fly, but be allowed in the US in the first place?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

She sure did. A "fiancee" Visa was mentioned?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Remember, Senator Ted Kennedy was on that no-fly list.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

edit on 6-12-2015 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

AWKWARD!

I am reading there are more than 700,000 people and counting on the list.

Jesus

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Jesus is on the list too?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Obama Speech on San Bernardino & ISIS Full Text Transcript>>> I edited a little bit of his speech just thought it sounded better............

If we’re to succeed in defeating terrorism we must enlist Muslim communities((& GUN OWNERS)) as some of our strongest allies, rather than push them away through suspicion and hate.

That does not mean denying the fact that an extremist ideology has spread within some Muslim communities.
((& GUN OWNERS))

This is a real problem that Muslims((& GUN OWNERS)) must confront, without excuse. Muslim leaders(((& GUN DEALERS)))here and around the globe have to continue working with us to decisively and unequivocally reject the hateful ideology that groups like ISIL and al Qaeda promote; to speak out against not just acts of violence, but also those...
interpretations of Islam(((& GUN OWNERS)))that are incompatible with the values of religious tolerance, mutual respect, and human dignity.

(((& THE CONSTITUTION)))

But just as it is the responsibility of Muslims(((& GUN OWNERS))) around the world to root out misguided ideas that lead to radicalization, it is the responsibility of all Americans — of every faith ---
((( "to reject discrimination".)))

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 6-12-2015 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
Obama Speech on San Bernardino & ISIS Full Text Transcript>>> I edited a little bit of his speech just thought it sounded better............

If we’re to succeed in defeating terrorism we must enlist Muslim communities((& GUN OWNERS)) as some of our strongest allies, rather than push them away through suspicion and hate.

That does not mean denying the fact that an extremist ideology has spread within some Muslim communities.
((& GUN OWNERS))

This is a real problem that Muslims((& GUN OWNERS)) must confront, without excuse. Muslim leaders(((& GUN DEALERS)))here and around the globe have to continue working with us to decisively and unequivocally reject the hateful ideology that groups like ISIL and al Qaeda promote; to speak out against not just acts of violence, but also those...
interpretations of Islam(((& GUN OWNERS)))that are incompatible with the values of religious tolerance, mutual respect, and human dignity.

(((& THE CONSTITUTION)))

But just as it is the responsibility of Muslims(((& GUN OWNERS))) around the world to root out misguided ideas that lead to radicalization, it is the responsibility of all Americans — of every faith ---
((( "to reject discrimination".)))

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It is our responsibility to reject religious tests on who we admit into this country.
It’s our responsibility to reject proposals that Muslim Americans(((& GUN OWNERS))) should somehow be treated differently.
Because when we travel down that road, we lose. That kind of divisiveness, that betrayal of our values plays into the hands of groups like ISIL.
Muslim Americans(((& GUN OWNERS))) are our friends and our neighbors, our co-workers, our sports heroes — and, yes, they are our men and women in uniform who are willing to die in defense of our country.
We have to remember that. .....amen Mr President

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

But instead you're saying you want to dig your heels in, cower in your fear of Muslims and of government and of a police state, and shake your fist and get irate and refuse to even discuss the subject with any viable alternatives without a single sacrifice. I get it. Again that's your right. But it's ignorant.

Compromise is saying yeah okay maybe we can limit the sale of X and Y but not Z.

It's a fluid thing, not a static we can never go back from it situation. Not if it's done right.

And your ideas for a solution?

On the one hand we have the issue of potential terrorists in our country. On the other hand we have a whole band of people willing to allow them access to weapons because they're not willing to give an inch. Lose-lose.

I said if there are solutions offered that will make a difference I'll be all for it. Somehow you twisted that into me digging in my heels and living in fear. I'd call your entire description of my stance a gross misrepresentation meant entirely to discredit me rather than refute ideas. When did I mention Muslims? You mentioned them, they have nothing to do with this but the current narrative on the left requires I get accused of Muslim hate if I disagree with something. You should have slipped in that I was racist and sexist too, who cares if it's true? This kind of rhetoric is the reason the arbitrary list is a bad idea for restricting constitutional rights.

I won't be baited into responding with emotion and name calling. That doesn't solve anything. None of the gun control measures proposed after these shootings would have prevented them. It's a false narrative. The gun control measures proposed after these events have nothing to do with them. It's political exploitation of tragedy.

You can ignore that and make false accusations about what I say, but you can't refute that the proposed gun restrictions would have done nothing to prevent these events. You can want more gun control, but stop pretending it has anything to do with these events or is somehow a reasonable response to them.

In case you haven't paid attention for a while it's a lot easier to give up rights and money to the government than it is to get them back.
edit on 12/6/15 by Ksihkehe because: Corrected quote tags

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
If he Really wants to know what is the Greatest Threat to Our National Security , all he has to do is look in a Mirror . The Criminal in Chief is the Main Enemy of the State......

How dare anyone out there make fun of Obama after ALL he's been through...

He's a HUMAN!"

Errrrr... at least I THINK hes human...

LEAVE BARACK ALONE! Puuleeheeeheeassee...

ANYONE who has a PROBLEM with him.... YOU DEAL WITH MEEE!

Leave Barack Obama alone RIGHT NOW! I MEAN it...

Whaaaaaaaaaa blubber sniff whimper boooooo hoooo!

edit on 6-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
RT

Full video of speech.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

But it's ignorant.
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I disagree and question how YOU get to decide what or who is ignorant.

The POTUS standing before his fellow Americans trying his damndest to avoid having to retract his previous nonsense, finally acknowledging we are at war and the 14 people were murdered by terrorists, then leaving to put on a tux and go to hollywood event......that is ignorant.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That is priceless!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

But instead you're saying you want to dig your heels in, cower in your fear of Muslims and of government and of a police state, and shake your fist and get irate and refuse to even discuss the subject with any viable alternatives without a single sacrifice. I get it. Again that's your right. But it's ignorant.

Compromise is saying yeah okay maybe we can limit the sale of X and Y but not Z.

It's a fluid thing, not a static we can never go back from it situation. Not if it's done right.

On the one hand we have the issue of potential terrorists in our country. On the other hand we have a whole band of people willing to allow them access to weapons because they're not willing to give an inch. Lose-lose.

I said if there are solutions offered that will make a difference I'll be all for it. Somehow you twisted that into me digging in my heels and living in fear. I'd call your entire description of my stance a gross misrepresentation meant entirely to discredit me rather than refute ideas. When did I mention Muslims? You mentioned them, they have nothing to do with this but the current narrative on the left requires I get accused of Muslim hate if I disagree with something. You should have slipped in that I was racist and sexist too, who cares if it's true? This kind of rhetoric is the reason the arbitrary list is a bad idea for restricting constitutional rights.

I won't be baited into responding with emotion and name calling. That doesn't solve anything. None of the gun control measures proposed after these shootings would have prevented them. It's a false narrative. The gun control measures proposed after these events have nothing to do with them. It's political exploitation of tragedy.

You can ignore that and make false accusations about what I say, but you can't refute that the proposed gun restrictions would have done nothing to prevent these events. You can want more gun control, but stop pretending it has anything to do with these events or is somehow a reasonable response to them.

In case you haven't paid attention for a while it's a lot easier to give up rights and money to the government than it is to get them back.

Just to ram home your post as fact, California has the strictest gun controls in USA...San Bernardino is in CA.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"Let me be clear. We are going to make a list of all the people we don't trust and those people will not have the same rights as everyone else. Now let me be vague. The rules might change in the future. This is because we make the rules and no one can tell us what to do. So let me be clear. If we find a reason not to like you in 20 years, you'll go on our # list too. How do you like them apples?"
edit on 6-12-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Just to ram home your post as fact, California has the strictest gun controls in USA...San Bernardino is in CA.

Quite a few of those restrictions in California are about to be addressed by the supreme court. Tides are trending, actually, towards the pro-2nd side.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: NewzNose

AWKWARD!

I am reading there are more than 700,000 people and counting on the list.

Jesus

And less than 10,000 of them are US citizens. Far, far fewer are on there by accident. Maybe a thousand or two.

While it’s reasonable to estimate that there are 700,000 people on this list, only a small fraction are American citizens or legal residents. Experts said it’s likely that only about 10,000 are Americans, while the rest are foreigners.

Link

Let's get a little perspective, reason and logic here folks before we all start to freak out.

The "no fly list" by and large is used to keep foreigners who are suspected of having terrorist connections from being able to buy and use airplane tickets.

So before we let our fear overcome us, act and say rash and untrue things -- lets take a look at the actual facts of the matter before we start to collectively loose our minds.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join