It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream of Obamas Announcement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Lol wait. Are you in agreement with the government about restricting an Americans right to buy a firearm? If so, what makes you think that buying a firearm will be any more difficult? Both Marijuana and Methamphetamine are federally illegal to posses, yet there are millions of avid smokers and tweakers. If not, then disregard this reply.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Nothing new.
He doesn't reassure me.
Calls for more gun regulation and finishes up saying that freedom is stronger than fear.

What in the name of common sense is wrong with saying suspected terrorists shouldn't be able to buy guns?
I couldn't agree more.

He also said "ISIL doesn't speak for Islam", with which I also agree.

To the first....
What stops him from putting you on the no Fly list?

To the second....
He has said that before.

A compromise means working out a system that is acceptable to all. But that means you might have to give a little from both sides. Digging your heels in and plugging your ears and humming the same old tunes is nothing but, again, childish and useless.

People seem to love the complain about what's wrong but not want to work toward solutions we all can live with. What's the point in that?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Look, I feel you, I really do, but have to disagree.
Though we all unanimously hate the Westborough Babtist Church for their bigotry, I can show you verses in the bible that in fact say homosexuality is a sin. If you choose not to follow that part for personal reasons, most of us would say that's great, but the truth is, doing so IS forsaking biblical doctrine.
Similarly, Islam's doctrine states that old writings are overridden by the newer ones, which state the mandatory punishment of those who disagree with Islam.
You can SAY ISIS doesn't represent Islam, but in truth, that's just what you WANT to think, and not the actual way things are. The reason this is all so volatile is the hidden truth: that at this point in history, we are being shown the true nature of religion and dogma by one world going after another.

Mind you, a great deal of this country is still idealogically Christian, meaning they may not attend church or even pray, but would still claim that faith simply because their parents did. This is not irrelevant to the manner in which our government is run and the way we operate in general. In both the West's view AND to the Islamic Syrians, each think they are in the right. That means logically, neither of them possibly can be.
I know this view will be unpopular, but I feel that our evolution and quite possibly survival as a species depends greatly on our ability to abandon religion altogether.
I don't know if anyone's taken this angle yet, and people don't often agree with me, but just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Did anybody notice the creepy smile the whole speech? It was like the " I have to be serious right now but I'm on the verge of busting out laughing" face.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Digging your heels in and plugging your ears and humming the same old tunes is nothing but, again, childish and useless. 

Or you could look at it as being 110 million armed Americans that are actually listening to what is happening.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I swear the screeching resistance to even the possibility of a compromise here is childish.

Except you don't expect the terrs to compromise, just law abiding citizens.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Nothing new.
He doesn't reassure me.
Calls for more gun regulation and finishes up saying that freedom is stronger than fear.

What in the name of common sense is wrong with saying suspected terrorists shouldn't be able to buy guns?
I couldn't agree more.

He also said "ISIL doesn't speak for Islam", with which I also agree.

To the first....
What stops him from putting you on the no Fly list?

To the second....
He has said that before.

You guys are getting so carried away over this gun issue you seem to have lost your common sense. Every one of the Republican candidates are screaming to decimate the middle east, especially Trump and Bush, and yet you oppose making an effort to keep guns away from suspected terrorists on our own soil.

I think I might be starting to believe in chemtrails. Something's driving everybody crazy.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Why would terrorist compromise FFS? They're terrorists. Radicalized extremists. Are you for real?

They can compromise when special forces come to their door and the drones send hellfire their way.

You really don't get that what they want is what you appear want, do you? You want to keep giving them fuel for their fire. How's that working out for you so far?
edit on 12/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JohnnySavage

Lol wait. Are you in agreement with the government about restricting an Americans right to buy a firearm? If so, what makes you think that buying a firearm will be any more difficult? Both Marijuana and Methamphetamine are federally illegal to posses, yet there are millions of avid smokers and tweakers. If not, then disregard this reply.

For the love of God. @@

link   
Sounds like I'm glad I missed it.

I was mistaken, no Syrian ground and pound, just more gun control.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Because it won't work.
That's already been addressed by him saying
"Illegalizing pot did not stop anyone from smoking marijuana." Also noticed you just ignored my comment too.
Why does everyone do that...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Digging your heels in and plugging your ears and humming the same old tunes is nothing but, again, childish and useless. 

Or you could look at it as being 110 million armed Americans that are actually listening to what is happening.

That will not change...because there a 110 million armed Americans...and only 800 Americans on the terrorist no-fly list that they are proposing to use.

The K1visa thing in my view is even more critical. They should expand that to include H1Bs too. And for plain old visitors on visas or coming in without...the no-fly list.

As for the argument that if only 800 Americans are on the list then well you have to be an American to buy a gun...ever hear of getting a false ID once your here? Yeah. That doesn't happen.
edit on 12/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Did anyone get a thrill up their leg?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd rather have Muslims in this country than guns. Period.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sounds like I'm glad I missed it.

I was mistaken, no Syrian ground and pound, just more gun control.

No ground. Special forces. And plenty of continued pound. Did you even listen?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

They can compromise when special forces come to their door and the drones send hellfire their way.

You really don't get that what they want is what you appear want, do you?

A police state is guaranteed regardless, or haven't you been paying attention? The 'enemy' isn't a few thrill killers, its the American people.

More gun laws aren't directed at law breakers, but at law abiders.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

.He finally said "radical" and even said "we are at war", both of which WEalready knew.

So much for Climate Change being the biggest threat...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
PBSomeon

Someone asked for a video, but it takes about two hours to start seeing it uploaded to YT.
Here is the transcript in link.

link   

originally posted by: plaindoughnut
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'd rather have Muslims in this country than guns. Period.

Come on. For the love of Krampus.
Do you really trust your government enough for them to have all the pistols, AR15s, and tactical nukes?
You won't be able to buy a 1 shot deringer to defend yourself and your kid, but I promise you, the crack head on Holmes Rd doesn't give 2 runny dog farts if the 9 mill he bought off his friend's friend is legal to carry.

Do you not know how this country was founded?
England was making all kinds of crazy laws and tax codes, so a group of pilgrims set sail.
England tried to chase em and force them to bow to the crown and English law but they refused.
GUNS won this country from the monarchy.
You would not BE here without citizens owning guns.
I strongly suggest you read a history book.
No offense, but seriously, I can't believe I'm actually having to say this.
This only happened a couple hundred years ago.
edit on 6-12-2015 by LAkadian because: Additional tirade

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You really don't get that what they want is what you appear want, do you?

A police state is guaranteed regardless, or haven't you been paying attention? The 'enemy' isn't a few thrill killers, its the American people.

More gun laws aren't directed at law breakers, but at law abiders.

Oh geez. Get a grip.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join