It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream of Obamas Announcement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Nothing new.
He doesn't reassure me.
Calls for more gun regulation and finishes up saying that freedom is stronger than fear.

What in the name of common sense is wrong with saying suspected terrorists shouldn't be able to buy guns?
I couldn't agree more.

He also said "ISIL doesn't speak for Islam", with which I also agree.
edit on 12/6/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Did I hear that wrong or did he admit that Ft Hood, Oklahoma, Boston, and SB were all terrorist attacks by or influenced by a Radicalized sect of Islam?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ooph here Obama goes again, claiming gun control will somehow make law abiding citizens safer from their boogeymen, er I mean terrorists, by taking away free American's 2nd amendment rights. Seriously if you can't see how the powers that be, have created this problem, and have made up solutions that in many cases, don't add up at all, yet, well, please, please admit you need to read more, and use your mind, not your heart. Unfotunately, it's being used against you along with fear, to fool you into ignoring the truth before you...

ETA...He mentioned adding a no guns to people on the no fly list idea, specifically tonight. Sounds reasonable, except, there are no rules, at least public that says what can put you onto the no fly lists. Which btw, there are actually several of. There is also no way to EVER be removed from some, either. Also, some of which, you can be placed on, for simply being suspected by neighbors of being up to no good. The lists have grown exponentially into tens of thousands of people already for just about anything including, things like animal extremism, not just being an Islamic extremeist...

That in no way sounds like non-infringement on MY RIGHTS to me..It sounds like a frog in a boiling pot..

edit on 6-12-2015 by Redwookieaz because: S&G

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"you all are equal in the eyes of God"

Which god?

Equally infidels and apostates if we do not believe a sociopath pedophile who heard voices version of god?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well pheewww. I guess we don't need to go to war then, because we have no reason to fear them.
There... Done.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The biggest problem is he IMPLIES this would have prevented the muslim TERRORISTS from carrying out their Christmas party massacre.

THEY WERE NOT ON THE NO-FLY LIST!
edit on 6-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Nothing new.
He doesn't reassure me.
Calls for more gun regulation and finishes up saying that freedom is stronger than fear.

What in the name of common sense is wrong with saying suspected terrorists shouldn't be able to buy guns?
I couldn't agree more.

It won't stop anything, it's a maufactured problem, it opens up the gov to create lists. These lists fall under national security and are unlimited in scope and cannot be monitored by citizens. This is a bad, bad, bad idea. Just for starters.

Ya missed the " you dont want the scary terworis to get assault rifles, do you?" Line huh?
That was an obvious a minipulative statement. Ask yourself why.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: edit

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Right, its no big deal to those on the left because right now only 2% of the people on the list are American citizens, but watch how many are put on it once this becomes law.

Foot in the door indeed.

Exactly... and those lists they have no obligation to explain why you're on it and there is no recourse once you're on it. Time to start punishing speech the government doesn't like by restricting gun purchases. Scary times in this country. The end of this administration can't get here soon enough.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

can someone post the video please, not seeing it here in australia., cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thank goodness. It crossed my mind that he might be announcing his "uncoupling" from his lovely and gracious wife. oops; wrong website.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't have to ask myself why. I know why. It's common sense. Yes, they can continue to make their pathetic, cheap grocery store/hardware store bombs, and there is not much we can do about it.

But with this, I guess we'll never know until we try. Look, this is not a slippery slope. This is about one issue.
Terrorists buying guns. That's it. Take off your NRA blinders.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
Did I hear that wrong or did he admit that Ft Hood, Oklahoma, Boston, and SB were all terrorist attacks by or influenced by a Radicalized sect of Islam?

Chattanooga not Oklahoma. But other than that, yes.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
One of the things I am worried about is back in 2009, Conservative groups, People who are vocal against abortion, Veterans, were listed a potential terrorist threats. How long before anyone who meets any of those criteria are put on the no fly list?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

If he Really wants to know what is the Greatest Threat to Our National Security , all he has to do is look in a Mirror . The Criminal in Chief is the Main Enemy of the State.......

Long Live the Democratic Republic of these United States !

link   
a reply to: reldra

So Obama tells us another whopper of a lie hours before the SB terrorist attack and he needs to tell US how to act?
Radical jihadists ARE here in the USA, ISIS is NOT contained anywhere, and we ARE at war. A world war.

What is necessary is that we remember that no gun control would have stopped what happened in SB.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

My bad I thought the beheading one was in Oklahoma for some reason.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnySavage
So, the government wants to take away our guns to make it harder for terrorist to harm us. Nice logic.

No, the crap logic here is that your paranoid fears of having our guns taking away can't live together in your head with the idea of your paranoid fear of the terrorists you think you need your guns for even if that means they can get the guns as easily and hell probably more easily than you can.

I swear the screeching resistance to even the possibility of a compromise, for which the legislation on the no-fly list was a good step, here is childish.
edit on 12/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Nothing new.
He doesn't reassure me.

I couldn't agree more.

To the first....
What stops him from putting you on the no Fly list?

To the second....
He has said that before.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

He did not refer to that.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian
a reply to: butcherguy

Well pheewww. I guess we don't need to go to war then, because we have no reason to fear them.
There... Done.

He did a fine job of conjuring fear when he put the image in everyone's head of being at a holiday party... with their children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join