It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition started to pass suicide vest control laws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: misskat1

What I know about it is that is most similar chemically to codeine. Codeine is available by prescription.

Incorrect, morphine actually. If memory serves correct H is Diacetyl Morphine and morphine is just morphine. But when you ingest H it breaks down to morphine in your body. The only way you can experience the analogue is by injecting it.

And both are prescribed around the world. Diaceytlmorphine is more popular in the UK, but rare prescriptions exist in US, however you're more likely to run into synthetic version which are much stronger anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Codeine is nothing compared to Oxy. Im not saying your wrong, I really dont know, however, there was a doctor in this area about 15 yrs ago that caused multiple deaths from over doses on Oxy. My sister was one of them. The doctor went to jail and lost his license.

Oxy is super strong and usually only prescribed to people who are dying.

All of these are Opiates derived from the poppy plant.
edit on 6-12-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The generic name of the chemical is oxycodone. They named it that because it differs from codeine by two chemical bonds.
It is all neither here nor there anyway.
Heroin, codeine, morphine, meth, acid, whatever.... You can buy it on the street
, even in small towns.... And no paperwork to fill out, no background checks.
We also need to think about what background checks are worth anyway, if the feds are as good at that as they are vetting fiance visas.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

www.narconon.org...

Loosing my sister made me learn more about this than I wanted to know.

What really is the difference between Oxycodone and OxyContin?

Oxycodone may be thought of as the lesser of the two evils because it is often combined with other medications. It is still an opiate but may be combined with ibuprofen or Tylenol in some formulations. A number of prescription pain relievers including Percocet, Percodan, Tylox and OxyContin all contain oxycodone. However, oxycodone is the only ingredient in the stronger version of the drug: OxyContin.

In the pharmaceutical world, “oxycodone” can be considered a generic name for OxyContin, as oxycodone is the active ingredient in the product. However, oxycodone is also the active ingredient in many other medications, so it is probably better to use a term such as “oxycodone extended release” to describe the generic versions of OxyContin.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

On a safe "pain relief" note a 50/50 blend of licorice root and bupleurum root decocted for an hour works wonders. Oh, I almost forgot...Corydalis root: 40% as strong as morphine and utterly non toxic and non addictive. I used to use the 3 of them on AIDs patients to mitigate pain back in the 90s
edit on 6-12-2015 by BlueJacket because: ETA

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Democrats fall all over one another rushing to demand new gun-control laws every time a criminal (usually a liberal) uses a gun to commit a crime.

How does that make any sense genius??? So liberals are both criminals who use guns and are also rushing for more gun control???

Do you even think about the lie before you tell it or just let it fly as soon as it pops into your mind???

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That was a quote from the article. I didnt say it at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

That sounds like witch talk to me. I'm gettin my pitchfork!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

hehe I know right? and talk about thread drift eek!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That was a quote from the article. I didnt say it at all.

Think that might be a good clue that you shouldn't use that as a credible source then???

Spreading BS is just as bad as creating it. What's the motto here again??

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Actually its a real petition. And if there was a point to the thread, besides just the humor of it, which I clearly stated several times in my OP and in my replies, it is the depths of stupid thinking, stupid ideas to stop the stupid madness in our stupid world.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Actually its a real petition.

What do you consider real???

Also from the article"
The petition, likely more political commentary rather than genuine, has 11 supporters as of Thursday afternoon.

Yep, Seems legit to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This might be against t and c so I apologize if it is. You can sign the petition here. It looks legit to me.

I never said I thought it was anything but a ridicules joke. Ill have to take some advice from the funny members on ATS, as apparently Im not really good at sarcasm.

www.thepetitionsite.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A good laugh posted in the war on terrorism forum and a thread that devolved into some sort of bickering about pharmaceuticals. Ugh.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

if we have a national kitchenware approval board to determine whether or not somebody really needs a sharp blade.

Don't forget slicing and dicing courses to teach how to use a knife plus a chefs license. There should be limits placed on blade length and a waiting period, too… to cool off.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

All I have to say to all that is what the hell do mass murderers care about gun laws?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

All I have to say to all that is what the hell do mass murderers care about gun laws?

I doubt that mass murderers care much about any of our laws but that doesn't mean they're not worth having, now does it.

It's not about pleasing mass murderers, it's about making it as difficult as possible for them to get the guns they use to commit their crimes.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I doubt that mass murderers care much about any of our laws but that doesn't mean they're not worth having, now does it.

Only lawful citizens obey laws. Any blanket legislation to restrict lawful citizens is disingenuous, imo.
The cause is to reduce crime but if the criminals don't care, this makes laws that restrict lawful citizens rights suspect.

They have a right to arms and self defense from enemies both within and without.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

…it's about making it as difficult as possible for them to get the guns they use to commit their crimes.

No its not, its about the criminal and their intent. You can't arrest intent just the crime, you can't prevent the intent from committing the crime beforehand, by any amount of legislation.

The most regulated things on the planet are automobiles, yet people use them to commit crimes all the time.

We can't take away cars or make cars harder to get. You can't de invent cars to make the world a safer place.

Im leaving it there to prevent thread drift…

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Only lawful citizens obey laws. Any blanket legislation to restrict lawful citizens is disingenuous, imo.
The cause is to reduce crime but if the criminals don't care, this makes laws that restrict lawful citizens rights suspect.

They have a right to arms and self defense from enemies both within and without.

And no one is talking about stopping "lawful" citizens from buying guns or defending themselves.

You can't say that unlawful people don't indeed try to buy guns at gun shops and shows because we have empirical evidence of thousands of sales to "unlawful" people that have been prevented with our current laws.

We also know that many more guns could be kept out of the hands of "unlawful" people with some sensible enhancements to existing law.

Closing the gun show loopholes and not selling guns to people on our nation's "No-Fly" lists would be a couple of fine examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join