It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bombarded with information and feeling confused?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
does anyone else feel as though it is more difficult today to structure good solid views when there is so much information out there? how do you not begin to question what you believe every second?

with the invention of the internet essentially you have access to nearly every single bit of info there is out there. and when it comes to forums every single opinion out there...

so are we all becoming more open minded or more confused and conflicted as a species?

i hope what i am getting at makes sense

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

I don't get conflicted and confused that fast because I don't think my own opinion is shaped by all the different opinions out there.
I do believe there is too much info shattered over multiple unlimited sources and most people just follow a few so their picture is indeed not complete to have a good objective opinion to begin with, so I think that's what you mean.
The only thing I could do personally as a Individual was to bring the most important (MSM) sources to one place, mixed with the opinions of places like this and inform others about this place so the info comes to them instead the need to scan the internet. (not that people would thank me for that, instead I get banned everywhere, even if I have no commercial purposes at all, not even one ad, I always had the feeling I needed to inform people through the years)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No, you are right. There is way too much info flowing into our brains everyday from the internet... and other sources!

It's TOO much.

My brain is going into overload.... My brain is going to explode... My brain is going into overload ... so I'm gonna hit the road..

Thats the first verse of a song I just made up right here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I am actually crystal clear in my vision now. Yes, the internet has been very useful. I have been through every confusion. My mind has been everywhere I can possibly get it to go. There is no confusion. I see a clear pattern. I now understand manipulation, illusion, propaganda. I know what quality research is.

My logic and my instincts are in a union of perceptual defence and healthy construction better than ever.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Views are just views.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I believe there was an alien race judging humanity as stupid just simply because of believing in God.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I think you might be still under the influence of some illusion. I think outside ideas are still getting in and your mind is at loggerheads because your subconscious knows that consciousness has been infiltrated and sabotaged.

I highly recommend a course of self reflection, sifting through your values and beliefs, your reactions, etc.

"is the state of being bewildered or unclear in one's mind about something."

Sometimes, before we make decisions and judgments, we are confused. Making the decision, developing the point of view at least gives you a passage. Otherwise, we might as well exist in constant chaos and anarchy.

Keep your mind tidy I say. Always be on the lookout for ideas and people who have very clear motives of gain from manipulating you.

However, I know some people like living chaotically in their minds. That's cool, too. Good luck, but not for me, too dangerous and has some pretty nasty consequences if we are not careful.

I guess we have to fight through the fog of our minds until the fog starts clearing. I never thought I could get to that stage, but now I know it is possible. If you are confused, keep on keeping on and learn honestly, neither fool yourself or others. I love honesty and clarity even when and if it is brutal.

edit on 6-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Quality information has a certain feeling of sincerity that I find just clicks when you hear it. It doesn't bring attached doubts or contradictions but rather attached realizations of other truths or experiences; previously acquired information or thought that begin to make the information resonate further. Why? I think deep within our conscious we know truth and so we can be reminded through keeping an open mind and thinking and looking deeper into information that resonates with us. Thinking why this information feels right and most importantly what relevance it brings to your life is key to understanding, things will connect

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

so are we all becoming more open minded or more confused and conflicted as a species?

I'm not sure about the "species" part, but confused, yes. I spent a good deal of time learning everything I could but my mind said "enough - it's time for a few days at the cuckoo bin." So yes, maybe confused. I would suggest to keep a narrowed focus when searching for answers, and don't spend 20 hours a day looking...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

with the invention of the internet essentially you have access to nearly every single bit of info there is out there. and when it comes to forums every single opinion out there…

plus the main scream on TV, family, friends, work…

kind of overwhelming,huh?

The important thing is to not make up your mind too quick abbot something. The news pressures you to decide right now, the church, school, whatever, make up your mind.

I found If I hold my conclusion until I see the truth of it, it sorta gels, sometimes under the weight of information, sometimes all of a sudden with one little tidbit.

Like trying to find your way in a dark room and somebody hands you a flashlight.

here… click.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 711117

Quality information has a certain feeling of sincerity

Wow, great way to put it, thanks. I truly believe that we came here with complete enlightenment that we lose very early, as far as memory is concerned. So to me, we already know everything that has ever happened, and with that knowledge buried deep, we occasionally recognize certain truths as you say, that "clicks" or resonates with us. Anyone can find these buried truths by accessing their autonomic nervous systems ability to discriminate those things that are bad or good for you and your overall health....

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 711117

your post really resonates with me. thank you

top topics

join