It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squeaky toy sound heard....no squeaky toy in house???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this. We recently have been hearing a dog squeaky toy sound in the house. I heard it go the first time myself tonight. One squeak, both in, and out. There are no squeak toys in th house.

My dog did recently pass away too. 7 weeks ago. The noises started shortly after.

I just looked on google and a few people had the exact same experience. One really weird thing is that some said it happens on Saturday nights....which is weird because I just heard it on Saturday (about 9 hours ago now).

Thoughts?

( I never believed in the paranormal until I bought a building in 2007....but that is another thread)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Ummm , check your fire alarm battery .

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Batteries are fine. An it only happens once every few weeks that we can tell. And exactly like a dog squeaky toy. Very distinguishable.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It's the lost squeaky nose of a dead clown.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Ghosts are real, a real made up thing. It's your imagination.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Only reason i said this was a mate of mines wife put half a can of baygon into a smoke alarm to kill the cricket inside .

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

If you were really close to your dog, it's possible you are experiencing grief hallucinations.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Does it happen in rainy days ?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well, I was not the first to hear it. And we have multiple "witnesses" at the same time.....so it is a real sound....

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Only reason i said this was a mate of mines wife put half a can of baygon into a smoke alarm to kill the cricket inside .

Now that is funny

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well, I was not the first to hear it. And we have multiple "witnesses" at the same time.....so it is a real sound....

In which case, have you looked outside or checked if neighbours have pets? Have you considered which critters make sounds like the sounds you have all heard? A 'real sound' needs to travel through air and register on our ear drums, right? What could physically create the sound? Have you checked for a newly loose floorboard or a door (cupboard etc) that's got a tendency to move according to its bias?

Have you had a good look for a clown's nose...as suggested by Rexsblues? When the probable has been ruled out... : )

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a squirrel?

Some tree branch squeaking?

ETA:
your dog passed away, he was keeping the squirrels at bay, now they will overrun your house!
edit on 6-12-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Your pup's wondering why you haven't adopted another pup dog from a shelter.

You'll know which it is on sight. Get a wiggle on, can't wait forever.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The point of squeak toys is that they mimic the sound of many small or baby animals. I have a deaf ferret who is very vocal and sounds just like a squeak toy.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Great answer.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

My old house squeaked at the same time every day. It was the expansion and contraction of the central heating where the pipes where rubbing against wooden joists.

P.S. A piece of paper cured it

edit on 6/12/2015 by yorkshirelad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Not-paranormal possibility... (I had to debunk/fix several sounds the first night i moved into my house and one of them sounds very similar.) Check valve for the sump pump. If you can, dump a bucket of water into the pit til it runs, then listen. Remember the sound will vary compared to through the walls/floors.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Mice and rats collect things in their nests in walls and under cupboards and appliances.
In a renovation, I discovered a stash of all sorts of wierd things, including some of my kids little toys.
Set out a trap or two and see what you come up with.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Do you have an IPad? I ask because we would hear the same squeak toy noise from time to time in the house. It turned out to be updates from the 'Talking Ben' app on our IPad.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

sorry if this is harsh, but i feel very strongly about this. that is horrible advice. you should never pressure someone into getting a new pet because their pet died. bad things happen when you get a new pet too soon. you get the pet for the wrong reason because you are trying to fill a void, and you don't actually want a new, different pet, you want to still have the pet you lost. it interferes with the bonding process, which causes guilt on the part of the owner for not loving the new pet as much, and the new pet is more prone to being put in a shelter because it's not loved as much. o p will know when it's right to get a new pet, if ever.

i do appreciate that you are trying to find homes for shelter pets, and that is very important. however, this is exactly the wrong situation for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join