It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Holy Quran Prank Is So Devious It's Brilliant.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: boymonkey74

They really need to update these holy books because they do not appear Holy to me.

One of those religions has, it's called the New Testament.

In this vid, they took passages out of the Old Testament. Many of the books are shared by all Abrahamic religions.

Christianity has the New Testament which Trumps the old testament teachings. The Quran doesn't have that.

That's why you hear of Muslims beheading their children in "honour killings" and not Christians.

Trying to shock ignorant people by quoting Old Testament scripture is really pointless as the only ones who would be shocked are people that haven't read a bible or don't understand how Jesus changed the old ways(thus Christianity was born).

Ghost

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

First, I wanna say I am a follower of the holy Bible and I do believe in God and Jesus Christ. I didn't just wake up one day and say, "Hey, I need to join this Christian club". It was by asking many questions to myself and by experiencing a spiritual connection that I believed.
My beliefs are from what I personally read and not from what I heard. Therefore, I may not follow what the stereotype Christian follows.
I don't stone, kill, assault, etc.. Anyone. This is because I have convictions. From my understanding of the Bible, I am supposed to love everyone. I am supposed to forgive anyone. And give charity to the poor. And help the sick, widows and orphans. If I don't I am wicked. If I harm anyone, I am wicked. If I judge anyone, I am wicked. The Bible keeps ME in line; not everyone else. Of course if you think about it, if my god created me, I do believe he has any right to put me through whatever he likes. I may not like it but he can honestly do this. Me being angry with him doesn't take his authority, power, ability away from him. Therefore, yes, I do fear him and I don't fear MAN. Man can shame me, embarrass me, mock me, assault me, throw me in prison but only God can destroy my soul.
I do understand that the Bible does say some brutal stuff in the old testament, but you will not understand the grace of God unless you read/study it for yourself.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Indigent
At least one religion moved away from its source material and is not longer stoning people to death

Well .... no!

The people made it illegal.

If it were still up to the church, I don't know! Just look what they still do today and try and get away with.

P

Actually, Jesus is why Christians don't stone. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone and all...

Fact is, yes there was a time, ages ago and ages ago, when Judeo-Christian life was harsh, when the average life span was less than 25 and people were not far removed from the first two primates became self aware after eating an apple.

It's called the Old Testament for a reason. The New Testament was the dawn of a new age. Was there wars afterward, sure, but only after the followers of the antithesis of what Jesus stood for sacked Northern African, Spain, and nearly France...which they would have had it not been for the Catholic Church.

That's why France is so symbolic to the fighters of an Islamic Caliphate. France was the turning point the last time they stormed north out of Africa into Europe. That was serious business, and the war between the west and middle earth was brutal. But the war was just. Had it not been for the Catholic Church at the time Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Italy, and probably England wouldn't have to worry today about Islamic terrorism, neither would anyone in the New World,as they would already be worshiping a man who instead of preaching peace taught that one should behead their enemies.

Also, the Old Testament is part of Muslim history as much as it is part of Christian history. One part of the Middle East and Western society monotheists followed Jesus, one followed Muhamad, and one stayed the course.

Now did the Caliphate vs. Catholic Holy Wars lead to corruption in the Church? You bet your ass it did. Fear makes people paranoid and over react. Europe was nearly sacked. To many "never again will we come this close to to losing the future" meant drastic things like torturing people until they submit to an ideology. Obviously that post war culture of the church was horrendous, which is why the church under reformation. And while there were elements within the church that resisted reformation, the Catholic reformation came internally from the church. Reformation was a choice for the church, no one bombed them into doing reforming, they simply grew distant from Holy Wars, relaxed, and corrected their ways.

The Moors though? Their chosen prophet preached the sword and have been warring ever since - and the new push to restore the Caliphate is their own reformation. When Christians reform, they reform on Jesus who died on a cross when His enemies came for Him. When the Muslims reform, they reform on Muhamed who told his followers to behead the wives and children of his enemies.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if a book says what is right

WE all have a moral compass... it speaks to us every day

Light Vs Dark

As its always been...

Though we live in such a Beautiful Dark world

edit on 7-12-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I think most rational people have often argued that there are as many violent and oppressive and plain despicable laws, instructions and writings in the bible as there is in the Koran.
This comes as no surprise but good job to those who made the video.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

:-)

That was a good thing to see this morning

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels
I agree both books have ugly things in them and both have beautiful things in them. They both reflect a historical view of ancient times. Unfortunately, those that practice radical Islam mistakenly believe that every word in the Quran they worship from, is a direct commandment, inspired from God, and should be followed to the letter. There is no room for individual thought or commonsense. There is no room in their hearts for God to speak to them, for they have replaced him in their minds and heart, with the love of a man.

They are worse than killer robots. You expect a machine to just do as commanded, garbage in garbage out functions, following blindly the commands programmed into it. A person, a being that is believed to have been created by the supreme God, in his image, for it to turn away from God, and follow words written on a medium that ages and fails, and have those man written words, honored and obeyed over what he has written in that being, is a slap in God's face.

Who would be to blame for this huge malfunction in the heart and spirit of those beings that God supposedly holds so dear? The beings that he supposedly gave free will to choose which God they wanted to follow, but warned them that he was a jealous God, and did not want them to put any other God before him. Who is to blame for them being kept away from the supreme God by false words, false promises, and ungodly practices. For a people to honor and respect a flesh and blood man over the supreme God, has to be a supreme insult.

You have people willing to go to war and kill people over their perceived disrespect for Mohammed, yet they turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the disrespect of the supreme God himself. It proves to me that they are not followers of Allah, they have rejected him and has placed Mohammed on the throne, and they worship a fallible flesh and blood man, no different then themselves, and God by proxy.

Few religions, if any, truly worship God. They have people programmed to believe the the ridiculous. How can they believe on one hand that they are children of God, his most highly favored creation, and then believe that they are so low in his mind and heart that only one of them is worthy of his audience, and if they wish to be in his presence they have go through this one selected being, with it being the only way to him.

Sounds like Dorothy and her crew trying to get an audience with the great and powerful Wizard in the wonderful land of Oz, and we all know that story ends.

How can anyone that claims they love and worship God diminish him/she/it, to such a lowly and insignificant place? There is no God in religion. There is only man demanding the worship of man, with God being used as the carrot and the stick.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The bottom line is that people learn and evolve. The Bible and followers thereof have done just that also. The same as the USA...we are no longer overtly racist, we no longer keep women from voting, etc. Islam on the other hand is still stuck in their Koran and refuse to evolve.

Compare that to a man today who can be insulted and walk away compared to a man who if you insult him, he has no choice but to fight. These are the Muslims. They are stuck in centuries old rules and ways of life they refuse to discard and grow.

That makes them dangerous animals.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

If they'd just said this is the bible, all those people would have agreed with that stuff hey..

That's your point, I take it?

Ah, but the question is, which version of the bible? KJV or all the fake ones that followed ? Yes there is a difference between them. One is for yah shu ah, the other is for the "Goddess with many names/Jezebel". And I am not kidding, this is true within the catholic church.

One bible favors babylon, the other exposes babylon.

Edit: The video below explains in the purest of details how the catholic/Jesuits framed the christians. It also explains WHY the King James Version is Important.

edit on th2015000000Mondayth000000Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:42:45 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2015 21:42:45 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

edit on th2015000000Mondayth000000Mon, 07 Dec 2015 21:43:28 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2015 21:43:28 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The narrative here is clear, using the the fear and hate that Islamic terrorism has brought to the fore since 9/11(which radical Islam is used as a patsy for anyway) is a way to deceive people into thinking modern Christianity is bad too, by taking bible scriptures out of context. Hatred for religion is growing, these guys are masterfully fanning the flames.
Clever propaganda against the three main religions of Judaism( by quoting the Mosaic law), Christianity and Islam specifically trying to tie radical Islam to 21st century Christianity is intellectually dishonest.

I see right through this for what it actually is, and I don't like where it goes from here, but then again the bible says this would happen too, I've been expecting this for some time.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
But it is not clever. If anything, it is an insult to anyone with the ability to reason.

Maybe that is where I am making my mistake. Maybe I am giving them too much credit.

I have given them the benefit of the doubt and thought of them as being intelligent, with the capability of reasonable and rational thought.

I am the dunce. It is just a ploy, to push their not so hidden agenda and to direct the conversation away from any meaningful dialog.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join