It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Heal the World from Toxic Emotions, Psychic Pain, Shame and Evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
WHAT IS THE PSYCHOLOGY OF EVIL

- Do evil people feel guilty?
- Do evil impulses an evil person make?
- Is there a way to heal the world from evil?

We all have TOXIC EMOTIONS and PSYCHIC PAIN. We all feel lack and loss, we all engage in the human drama of FEAR and ATTACK, but that doesn't make us EVIL. PEOPLE are not EVIL, even if their actions are. PEOPLE are just PEOPLE and they come in all shapes and sizes. People are all the same (on the inside) and all different (on the outside) at the same time.

SHAME is TOXIC, it needs to be healed.

Guilt is feeling very much like shame, only guilt is connected to a need for validation. Guilt has to do with feeling bad become someone knows (or might know) we did THIS or failed to do THAT. When we EMOT guilt, it is a passing thing, not so with SHAME. When guilt becomes SHAME it becomes TOXIC. In the same way, embarrassment can turn to humiliation. People don't murder other people because the were embarrassed, why? Because that is just a passing emotion. Humiliation IS a motive for murder, why? Because it is a TOXIC EMOTION and produces PSYCHIC PAIN.

The people we like to label "EVIL" have the same TOXIC SHAME deep inside them, that we have in us. The difference is they feel no guilt when it comes to the surface and they make no apologies unless they can find no other way to advance their own interests. Evil is a "spirit of false authority" which can dwell inside a person who has a bitter heart. People with hard hearts do evil things. Such "evil" people are free to change their mind (perspective and attitude), but refuse that liberty. They are willful slaves to TOXIC EMOTION and their PSYCHIC PAIN is projected out into the world, thus causing more evil and suffering in the world.

TOXIC SHAME is two things: Current and on-going PSYCHIC PAIN and TOXIC EMOTIONS from memories. On one side we have the FEAR and on the other side we have the SHAME. Out of TOXIC FEAR we ATTACK others. We ATTACK out of FEAR of lack and loss, but when ever we do engage in this bad behavior we heap more SHAME on ourselves. As the burden of SHAME goes heavy, so does our bitter heart. This in turn produces more PSYCHIC PAIN, and more evil in the world.

FEAR is a big part of the side I like to call TOXIC EMOTIONS. Fear it self is not a bad thing, it is normal and as it happends a very healthy emotion, just like anger. The problem is when FEAR or ANGER turn TOXIC. How an emotion become TOXIC is no mystery, it has everything to do with what we tell ourselves. We say we should be able to do this or that, and then we get angry about. Why? Because we told ourselves the world SHOULD BE different than it is.

FEAR come is different forms. It can be over bad things we have done, and the FEAR we have that those bad deed might be catching up to us. This FEAR is what we call this guilt. Such fear is normal and healthy. This health guilt can turn into TOXIC SHAME based on what we tell ourselves. With the "SHOULD BE" in our heads, guilt become SHAME.

FEAR can also be a "memory" of the future that is unpleasant, uncertain or in doubt. This "memory of the future" is what we call FEAR. It is really just a time-based illusion. Nevertheless, while the object of FEAR may be unreal, the FEAR itself is very real in terms of the effect it has on us (and the world). Out of FEAR of lack and loss People ATTACK other People.

The effect of hosting TOXIC EMOTIONS is very unpleasant and it gives rise to self-inflicted PSYCHIC PAIN. Simply stated: a bad attitude produces bad behavior. The way to fix this problem is to change your mind. Stop using "Should be" phrases in your Self-Talk (that's the #1 source of anger) and replace it with "Ought To" (be pro-active) then you will see you good attitude manifest in good behavior. This is what it really means to REPENT, "to turn about face" and start marching in the other direction. The power to do that is inside of each one of us.

Yes, there is EVIL in the world, and there is also healing available for those who seek it.

Be the change you want to see.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka
Interesting read. But I don't have shame. I might have a little bit of guilt for not having a good enough job in certain parts of my life.

I am not angry. I do shave some fear.

I will try the 'ought to'.

I don;t like the word 'repent'.

edit on 6-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
cool wall of words but who are you to label and judge anyone, evil equates to darkness and good light right?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
cool wall of words but who are you to label and judge anyone, evil equates to darkness and good light right?

I don;t think he is labeling anyone. He asked questions and gave solutions if you answered yes.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Is that a question?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I like to think of myself as a good person. I'm very simple and laid back by most standards. Cause harm to me or my clan and I will shamelessly show you the face of evil.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

i disagree he is labeling, it made this thread right after rukias' are you evil thread
edit on 6-12-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I like to think of myself as a good person. I'm very simple and laid back by most standards. Cause harm to me or my clan and I will shamelessly show you the face of evil.

I could have written the above words.

I feel like you climbed in my skull an d crystallized my thoughts.

Pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Interesting read. But I don't have shame. I might have a little bit of guilt for not having a good enough job in certain parts of my life.

I am not angry. I do shave some fear.

I will try the 'ought to'.

I don;t like the word 'repent'.

Repent is loaded term because it is used in the Bible and various Christina cults have used that term to control and hurt people. I get that, but it's origin was that of a military term for "about face" and it simply means "change your direction."

Repentance is moving AWAY from what the mind values toward that which the heart cares about. LOVE is not doing the right thing when there is no personal risk, on the contray, LOVE is knowing you are not vulnerable. When you know the REAL YOU is not vulnerable. then you can act according to this knowledge. LOVE is knowing you are not vulnerable and having the courage to ACT without validation from friends, family or peers.

Repentance is simple changing one's mind. It is a radical and transformative shift in how we think. In order to think differently new pathways are need in the brain, new reward centers are created. Repentance is a radical and transformation shift in how we view and react to the world around us. Repentance is changing you mind is such a way that old views and opinions fall away. The old convictions are replaced with peace, harmony, compassion, and forgiveness.

When we value the valueless, we are in need of repentance. This is the problem with the world, we value things that have no value. The call to repent of this "sin" is a call to change our minds about what really has value to us. It is a call to stop seeing the world the way our peers do, and to stop seeking validation in the opinions of others. It is a call to have courage and change your mind. It is a call to stand with God and to walk in the Light, regardless of what other might think.

Repentance is an invitation to accept the validation of God. When we do this, we are accepting God's love, mercy, forgiveness, and grace. When we know we are accepted by God, why would we continue to seek validation from people? True repentance is healing for our low self-esteem. This is the change of mind that is needed by all. We all need the courage to accept the Acceptance of our Creator.

My prayer is that God would come to live inside me, to feel my pain, and share in my joy. This is the relationship with God we can all have, if we would only make the effort. It does require lighting a candle or casting a spell, or going to church... we need only talk to God. We can enjoy the same relationship with God that Jesus did, just by talking to God about how we feel... RIGHT NOW... in the present moment. This repentance (or Change of Direction) is what brings healing.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

a reply to: reldra

i disagree he is labeling,

You asked who am I to label and judge anyone?

I do not label people "evil" and I do not judge.
However, I do label the deeds people do as evil.
And I know that doing evil causes TOXIC SHAME
and more PSYCHIC PAIN.

People are suffering, and much of that pain
is self-inflicted. Rather than judge anyone,
I offer a perspective on what EVIL really is,
(FALSE AUTHORITY) and how to heal it.

A bad attitude begets bad behavior.
A good attitude engenders good behavior.

It is just that simple.

edit on 6-12-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
that was too funny that speech of love and god, you almost made me vomit. satan loves the humans more was it not god that flooded the world supposedly killing everything? when it got butthurt the watchers started to teach humans things

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Repent is for wimps. If you feel bad, apologize and move on. Guilt is a monster. No good ever comes from it. Let it go and do better.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

WHAT IS THE PSYCHOLOGY OF EVIL

- Do evil people feel guilty?
- Is there a way to heal the world from evil?

The issue with this topic is that "Evil" is a totally subjective term. For instance, many religious people believe that people of other religions (or no religions) should be killed, and some even take this so literally that they achieve this action. To me, that's a pretty evil action. To them, it's perfectly justified and necessary.

I would say that the indoctrination of children is evil, the vast majority of the world disagree.

1) I'm sure these people do not feel guilty for teaching their children that god is real, or homosexuals are sinful and wrong.
2) your question doesn't make sense
3) education.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

its not that simple saying toxic and whatnot doesn't fix anything you sound like one of those tv evangelists on the sh1tty channels selling or trying to. so your from vegas? i'm in sparks NV i would hate being in somewhere that big

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The world does not need healing, except physically. We need to find some way to reverse the damage we have done to the ecosystem — but only in order to save our own species, and those we depend on, from extinction.

The truth is that human beings will never change. They will never become 'transhuman' either — another vain faith embraced by those who fear death. We are what we are. Social sanction and the march of civilization help ameliorate the worst evils of our nature, but then they cause other problems in their turn.

You are trying to alter the human condition. A laudable aim, but futile. It won't happen.

By the way, guilt and shame are not distinguished in the way you have done. The difference between shame and guilt is that shame involves loss of social status — it is the judgement of the community, or the laws of the community, on the individual. Guilt is a matter between an individual and his or her conscience; others are not involved.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

By the way, guilt and shame are not distinguished in the way you have done. The difference between shame and guilt is that shame involves loss of social status — it is the judgement of the community, or the laws of the community, on the individual. Guilt is a matter between an individual and his or her conscience; others are not involved.

That is the standard definition.

Certainly, there is a shame that is imposed on us
by some outside false authority. That is one of the
way that evil manifest itself in the world, but we
can also suffer from self-inflect pain, and that is
the SHAME that I'm addressing here.

TOXIC EMOTIONS produce PSYCHIC PAIN.
We we have bad attitude it will manifest
in bad behavior. This produces SHAME and
BITTERNESS and ANGER. But all of that is
just more self-inflict pain.

It is all about what we tell ourselves.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

"your question doesn't make sense"

Read it again.

The answer is no. Everyone has impulses, be those impulse good or bad. That is not what make a person good or evil. I'm simply saying, even those people we call "good" have evil implues, but what sets them apart is they also have impulse control. Without self-control we would all be at the mercy of our evil impulses.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
a reply to: Ghost147

"your question doesn't make sense"

Read it again.

The answer is no. Everyone has impulses, be those impulse good or bad. That is not what make a person good or evil. I'm simply saying, even those people we call "good" have evil implues, but what sets them apart is they also have impulse control. Without self-control we would all be at the mercy of our evil impulses.

Perhaps it's my dyslexia, but that question still doesn't look like it's written properly.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

The world does not need healing, except physically. We need to find some way to reverse the damage we have done to the ecosystem — but only in order to save our own species, and those we depend on, from extinction.

The Earth is a self-correcting system. If the number of trees producing oxygen drops suddenly (because human being cut them all down) then Mother Earth corrects this problem and the kelp in the sea produces more oxygen to maintain the right balance.

We don't need to find a way to reverse the damange we've done to the ecosystem -- Terra would correct itself in short order if every human being was wiped out... Indeed, that would be a good thing for mother Earth. Human beings are the single cause of evil in this world, and yet you deny that we need to be healed?

Do you hear yourself?

What is broken in this world, the what is broken inside of us.
The world is upside-down, because of what is wrong inside us.

WE DO NEED HEALING

and your statements to the contrary only reveals the extent
to which this need for HEALING will require a miracle.

The truth is that human beings will never change. ....

You are trying to alter the human condition. A laudable aim, but futile. It won't happen.

Wrong, every thing changes, human being included.

The problem is people like you! saying that we don't need
to explore or consider emotional healing. You say that is
a hopeless cause, and again you are right. It is pointless
to seek meaning in a meaningless world.

We need to adopt the Thought System of spiritual
and abandon the Thought System of the physical.
And, yes, that will require a miracle. That miracle
is available to those who are willing to accept it.

That includes you.

edit on 6-12-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

its not that simple
saying toxic and what not doesn't fix anything
you sound like one of those tv evangelists on the sh1tty channels selling or trying to.

That is rather insulting.

So you don't believe healing the TOXIC EMOTION
and the PSYCHIC PAIN is the answer? Then what is?

You say, just talking about the Problem doesn't fix
the Problem... okay, I get that. Talk is cheap and
you're correct, real change is needed, not just talk.

Real change only comes when we change our mind.
When you refuse to change your mind, then you are
truly stuck in a meaningless world without hope.

I see this tendency in myself, to deny the problem
and carry on with the meaninglessness. We all have
that same tendency. That same EGO driving us to
do nothing, that same selfish desire to keep on
believing change is impossible. And we defeat
ourselves with this kind of Self-Talk.

Self-Talk can keep us in a state of self-inflicted
pain or we can change our mind and find healing.

It is really up to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join