It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occult Meanings of "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm a big Hendrix and Stones fan. In the Stones song You Can't Always Get What You Want, a lyric goes 'I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy, and he said one word to me and that was dead', a few years before Hendrix died. Mick says he wrote that line because he had a dream about Hendrix dying.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No.
Let It Bleed was released on December 5, 1969. Jimi Hendrix died on September 18, 1970. That is not "a few years."

The line is: "I was standing in line with Mr. Jitters", as in speed freak.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No.
Let It Bleed was released on December 5, 1969. Jimi Hendrix died on September 18, 1970. That is not "a few years."

No, it isn't "Mr. Jitters". It's "Mr. Jimmy". And the "few years" was my mistake. I know the lyric was written before Jimi's death, according to Mick. Here's the complete lyric:

"I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was "dead"
I said to him"

www.lyricsfreak.com...
edit on 12jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

Here's an article which says it could have been a number of "Jimmys" but I once saw a documentary where Jagger says he dreamt of Hendrix's death beforehand. I'm trying to find that documentary on Youtube.

"[Lyrics] The Rolling Stones predicted the demise of Jimi Hendrix.
In the late, great Jimi Hendrix historian Tony Brown's investigatory masterpiece, The Final Days of Jimi Hendrix, he takes us on a day-by-day tour of Jimi's last months on Earth, as well as hour-to-hour on the 17th and 18th of September. I don't have my copy on hand. However, briefly, on the night that Jimi died, the facts were that Jimi and girl "friend" Monika were staying at the Samarkand Hotel in London. Bored, they drove over to the Chelsea Drugstore. In the parking lot they met a young couple and were invited to a dinner party. It was at this party that Hendrix consumed the white wine and pasta that was found in his autopsy along with sleeping tablets. (If I recall Brown questioned the large amount of red wine that was observed to be vomited as well as spilled about him.")
www.reddit.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

In which track?

"Rock Album by Hendrix Is Examined for a Clue On “Son of Sam’s Name

Captain Borrelli said yesterday that one member of the special task force investigating the case had studied a 1967 album by the Jimi Hendrix Experience trio. Mr. Hendrix, a singer-guitarist died in 1970. One number, “Purple Haze,” can be heard with a faint incantation, “Help me, help me, help me, son of Sam, son of Sam.” Captain Borrelli said: “It’s interesting. It could be a coincidence. At this particular moment I don’t believe it deserves special attention.”
nyc1977.blogspot.com...

Here's the song. Listen close starting at 1:32. You can hear "Son of Sam" whispered twice.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sitting in front of a full symphony orchestra or the Rolling Stones, beats the hell out of anyone's "awesome" sound system.

Well put phage, well put.

Always glad to see you make an appearance. (Yes I saw you up there earlier too)

Plus you are a surfer/adrenaline junkie. Brethren of mine by default whether we like it or not. Forged through heavy north swell.
edit on 14-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Sigh. Creative writing is fun.
Songs are also creative writing.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Sometimes a cow is just a cow /quote]

Spoken like a true cow
keep eating what they are feeding u ...

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No.

No, Unbreakable has the correct lyrics.

What are your sources for the lyrics you claim to be hearing?

-FBB
edit on 21-12-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 102

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Very interesting LoneCloud. I have all ways been intrigued by how man can be manipulated on a subliminal level.
And how easy we are to fool.
As a young child I was fascinated by the cartoons, but as time passed I came to understand, vaguely, that the "entertainment" I had been fed with had an agenda, a vey sinister one, to de-sensitize.
It is incomprehensible to me in some ways, so vast and with out reason. But real.

With out mass media life is more "simple", to me, more pertinent.
To know the tracks of an animal, recognize the scent, "listen" to the unspoken message in body language.
I wonder why it is so important to sedate the masses before a screen?
Good thread.

The link to Lenon Honors doesn't work. It just calls me a "jerk". I would have like to view it.
edit on 30-12-2015 by WalkInSilence because: fiddles

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join