It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Evil Are You?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Infrequently vile

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i don't know how to post the results in a picture so i'll add that mine ended up being Moderately nefarious
edit on 5-12-2015 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I really didn't expect "almost saintly"

moderately nefarious...
edit on 5-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I am...Moderately nefarious

The thing I liked about this test was that most of the questions were straight-cut for me. However, I gained no new insights, as the best phrase that can sum up my "evil" side is: "Hell hath no fury like a Scorpio scorned". You cross me, and you better be in it for the long haul

-foss

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm moderately nefarious, according to the test. I think most people are in one way or another.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I'm modern nefarious too.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"almost saintly" i'll buy that if you want to, buy my ocean front property

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

moderately nefarious...

I believe it. You are one of the few posters who sometimes makes me feel like I should be more patient and kind with some of the more frustrating members.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Infrequently vile

I'm opposite of evil and can actually feel it off others! They drain me. I've never been easily played.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Beneath the skin, we are already one. Was it not your sin that trapped the unicorn? Even now the evil seed of what you've done germinates within you.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

moderately nefarious...

I believe it. You are one of the few posters who sometimes makes me feel like I should be more patient and kind with some of the more frustrating members.

Wow, thanks.....my ire is often disguised as obscure sarcasm. I must confess...I don't want to get banned....again. In my previous incarnation it was a different story. any way, I made that "almost saintly" answer up.

I prefer not to think of what the reptilian part of my brain would be capable of....
edit on 6-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

moderately nefarious...

Wow, thanks.....my ire is often disguised as obscure sarcasm. I must confess...I don't want to get banned....again. In my previous incarnation it was a different story. any way, I made that "almost saintly" answer up.

I prefer not to think of what the reptilian part of my brain would be capable of....

We hardly ever agree, but I still find you to be a cool person and thoughtful poster. Actually most people that disagree with me are cool. We don't need to agree to be friends.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

naaah just im just a mover, family business.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

I won't bother with the test but as an anecdote I thought I'd overcome my evil impulses years ago. but a recent incident made me realize it's still buried there just barely below the surface.

Don't know why I shared this, feeling guilty about it I guess.

- Do evil people feel guilty?
- Do evil impulses an evil person make?
- Is there a way to heal the world from evil?

WHAT IS THE PSYCHOLOGY OF EVIL ?

You said you felt "GUILTILY about it" (and still do)

Did I get that right?

I find that people often say they feel GUILTY when the are actually just struggling with TOXIC SHAME. Allow me to explain, and reference what you said. This "event" or "impulse" that you feel a little guilty about... was it really evil? Perhaps, but having an evil impulse does not an evil person make. One evil act does not define a person's life. And feeling guilty is normal, not evil.

We all have TOXIC EMOTIONS and PSYCHIC PAIN. We all feel lack and loss, we all engage in the human drama of FEAR and ATTACK, but that doesn't make us EVIL. PEOPLE are not EVIL, even if their actions are. PEOPLE are just PEOPLE and the come in all shapes and sizes. People are all the same (on the inside) and all different (on the outside) at the same time.

You said "maybe I feel guilty about it" which is very telling. I doubt and truly evil person would tell anyone they feel guilty, unless is was to manipulate and gain advantage. Let me set your mind at ease, YOU are not EVIL. If the "event" was some acting out on your part, then what you may be feeling is SHAME at the act and to my mind this is not the same as guilt.

SHAME is TOXIC, it needs to be healed.

Guilt is feeling very much like shame only guilt is connected to a need for validation. Guilt has to do with feeling bad become someone knows (or might know) we did THIS or failed to do THAT. When we EMOT guilt, it is a passing thing, not so with SHAME. When guilt becomes SHAME it becomes TOXIC.

In the same way, an embarrassment can turn to humiliation. People don't murder other people because the were embarrassed, why? Because that is just a passing emotion. Humiliation IS a motive for murder, why? Because it is a TOXIC EMOTION and produces PSYCHIC PAIN.

The people we like to label "EVIL" have the same TOXIC SHAME deep inside them that we have in us, the difference is they feel no guilt when it comes to the surface and they make no apologies unless the can find no other way to advance their own interests. Evil is a "spirit of false authority" which can dwell inside a person who has a bitter heart. Such hard hearts are free to change their mind (perspective and attitude), but refuse to do so. They are a slave to TOXIC EMOTION and PSYCHIC PAIN is projected out into the world, thus causing more "evil" and suffering in the world.

TOXIC SHAME is two things: Current and on-going PSYCHIC PAIN and TOXIC EMOTIONS from memories. On one side we have the FEAR and on the other side we have the SHAME. Out of TOXIC FEAR we ATTACKS ON OTHERS. We ATTACK out of FEAR of lack and loss, but when ever we do engage in this bad behavior we heap more SHAME on ourselves. As the burden of SHAME goes heavy, so does our bitter heart. This in turn produces more PSYCHIC PAIN, and more evil in the world.

FEAR is a big part of the side I like to call TOXIC EMOTIONS. Fear it self is not a bad thing, it is normal and as it happends a very healthy emotion, just like anger. The problem is when FEAR or ANGER turn TOXIC.

FEAR over bad things we have done catching up to us (we often call this "guilt") or FEAR can be a "memory" of the future that is unpleasant, uncertain or in doubt. This memory of the future is what we call FEAR. It is really just a time-based illusion. Nevertheless, while the object of FEAR may be unreal, the FEAR itself is very real in terms of the effect it has in this world.

The effect of hosing TOXIC EMOTIONS is very unpleasant and it gives rise to self-inflicted PSYCHIC PAIN. Simply stated: a bad attitude produces bad behavior. The way to fix this problem is to change your mind. Stop using "Should be" phrases in your Self-Talk (that the #1 source of anger) and replace it with "Ought To" (be pro-active) then you will see you good attitude manifest in good behavior. This is what it really means to REPENT, "to turn about face" and start marching in the other direction. The power to do that is inside of each one of us.

Yes, there is EVIL in the world, and there is also healing available for those who seek it.

edit on 6-12-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I am infrequently vile.

I don't exactly disagree with that statement.

edit on 6-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

when it comes to to guilt if you can not follow through with your actions with out feeling guilt then you shouldn't do it. it will only end up harming yourself

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Jim Fallon talks about gene switches that can lead us to be murderers. His own daughter has the switch and he ruminates about the nature/nurture debate that decides if the 'trigger' gets pulled. Lizzie Borden was a relative down the maternal line irrc

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Infrequently vile You are infrequently vile – you mostly put others before yourself, though you may find occasions in which your dark side shines.

Maybe not evil enough, not good enough with it, surely standing up for myself or others has always gotten me into trouble.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I am infrequently vile.

I don't exactly disagree with that statement.

Wow, tks for the 4 stars...I think.

I am a very logical person. Mixed with being a Virgo, the sarcasm can come out, especially in typing.

But I am a VERY empathetic person.

The 'vile' part may hurt only me in logical decisions about myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Guess I'm with the rest of the mess, 'Infreuently Vile'.

Love to know what Putin -v- Obama would be.

Kind Regards,

Bally

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join