It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I Just Had Some GMO Pretzels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
That's right, Graphically Modified Ornamental pretzels.

The actual name was Holiday Shaped Pretels put out by Utz. They are tree, bell and star shaped. The taste isn't bad. Not nearly as salty as Rold Gold or most any other major brands that I have had in the past. All in all a win for minor snacking versus other junk food. But truth be told I am more partial to popcorn for snacking than chips.

Many will say cookies, but honestly I usually grab 3 or 4 with a cup of coffee if I have any cookies around. What are other people's snacking vices?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
I can gobble half a dozen cookies if I'm not careful. Pretzels are good, too. Rold Gold ones are probably the best. I'm not much on popcorn because it gets stuck in my teeth. If I do eat it I prefer the stove popped, rather than microwave. Trail mix is great, too; if it's the kind with chocolate chips and M&Ms. I'm a chocoholic. What I really love to snack on is jerky. I'm not talking Slim Jims or that chewy Jack's Links stuff. I like my jerky where you have to gnaw on it for a while. Venison and buffalo jerky are the best, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I like to eat this Korean roasted seaweed called gim. It disgusts all of my friends and family, even though a local favourite food is 'dulse', a dried salty....seaweed.

I love it, it's like eating salty, savoury paper; and I CAN'T STOP.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Most of the year it's pistachios...

This time of year, it's Brazil, Hazel & Walnuts... freshly retrieved from their shell...

YUM!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just finished off a bag Rold Gold pretzel sticks and half jar of peanut butter... I won't take a dump for a week.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn
I could go through a bag of pistachios easy. Those and cashews, hazelnuts, and pecans.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I wonder if a person could start a brand name named GMO? A natural product with a name like GMO brand peanuts. People might buy them just to be able to say that GMO is good for you. GMO raisins, GMO veggies, the number of products is endless. People could tell others that they are not afraid of eating GMO foods as a pun.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues
Nice! I don't know why but that just made me laugh my ass off. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My wife's cookies. She's very experimental and tries them out on me. Her "triple gingers" are to die for: Ginger spice, fresh ginger, and ginger crystals. If I survive one of her experiments, she uses the rest of the batch for her Friends of the Library group, which has grown expectant and greedy and complains if she doesn't bring them in, the ingrates! On the other and, I can't eat them all so those old ladies can get fat if they want. Actually, most of them are so scrawny they need a little more sugar. That's what throwing 50 pound boxes of books around will do for you. They're tough old broads and it's best to keep them on your good side. Most of them could take me out in a flash and I think half of them pack.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Most of the year it's pistachios...

This time of year, it's Brazil, Hazel & Walnuts... freshly retrieved from their shell...

YUM!

Question. When you get a bag of pistachios with the shell on, do you find the noise they make clinking together is one of the most pleasant noises going?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Don't really pay too much attention to the sound, I do wonder why the price has skyrocketed in the past 3-5 years...

Might have to scale back to sunflower & pumpkin seeds if these prices continue...

not to worry I like them too

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If I really feel like splurging, wasabi flavored macadamia nuts. I like peanut butter on apple slices or peanut butter with chocolate chips. I love jalapeño flavored cheese puffs and Dirty Potatoe chips.
As Atsbhct posted above, the papery seaweed snacks are yummy too!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

OOH you just reminded me of another vice.. soy sauce wasabi Blue Diamond almonds....

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn Wasabi almonds... yum!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I love that Korean seaweed stuff. You can buy seaweed sushi wraps and toast it in a little olive oil and salt it and it is delicious. Pecans. Jerky...I make my own. I don't generally do sweets, but have been known to junk out on gummy bears. There is a Mexican candy made with tamarind pulp and chili pepper that is the bees knees.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That tamarind candy is addictive and will wear a hole in your tongue. Yum!

My family's snack vice of choice is homemade buttered popcorn and caramel popcorn. Not that microwaved stuff. An honest to goodness popped in a pot on the stove popcorn. Oh, yeah!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
I love that Mexican candy. It just the right balance of sweet and spicy.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Ritz crackers sandwiches with peanut butter. Ideally, heat just a bit in the oven so the peanut butter is warm and a bit melty. The large glass of milk to go with them is ideally placed in the freezer a few minutes so that it is super cold. The warm/cold contrast adds to the experience. I recommend 24 oz of milk and a full row of Ritz.

It's really my sleeping pill. Sure, eating right before bed isn't the best idea, but when I need to get to sleep quick for any chance at a few hours, no other food so settles the soul as this.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Of course when it comes to a straight out don't care that it is junk food snacking I go with some old favorites like pork rinds and a Dr Pepper or an RC with a Moonpie.

I have been known to eat Frosted Mini Wheats straight out of the bag more than a few times. Not that I can have dairy products anymore anyways. Yeah, I can do Lactaid Ice Cream with caramel topping still...But it isn't the same.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Some Triscuits with a thin slice of cheddar (I like extra sharp Cracker Barrel) popped in the microwave for about 20 seconds, then dotted with Louisiana Hot Sauce. Hotter than Frank's, milder than Tabasco. Crystal or Sriracha also work well.

Add some sliced summer sausage, and it can be a snack, or lunch. Now I never had a summer sausage i didn't like, but a neighbor of mine is a deer hunter and he has some processed into summer sausage every year, which he shares with me. That stuff is insane.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join