It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG Announcement from POTUS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

edit on 6-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If he could have done this on Friday I would have played along, last night I had my fill watching the big ten championship game so I'll just play along by putting check marks on paper.a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: wildb
Just breaking on CNN the POTUS will make a Big /Huge announcement tomorrow night at 8pm, I can only wonder what it will be, I think CNN said it will have to do with terrorism, I think it will not be good.. Thoughts ATS..

Federal gun grab (moratorium on gun purchases going forward), now that they found out the terrorists in San Bernardino bought the four guns legally and passed background checks in California, which has the most restrictive gun laws of any state in the US.

As I understand it, someone else purchased these guns legally. How they got them is still being investigated.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Not give up guns already purchased, but make it very difficult to buy a gun going forward (except on the black market, of course).

The only thing he can do with an executive order is to dictate the policy of the executive branch with regards to enforcing existing law. He can't create new laws out of thin air, and in order to make any substantive changes to the means by which the average person purchases a firearm, that's exactly what he'd have to do.

Unless he can get Congress behind him...and politically, the GOP would be nuts to vote for gun control legislation...its not happening unless Caesar decides to cross the Rubicon, which I don't particularly expect, either.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Just breaking on CNN the POTUS will make a Big /Huge announcement tomorrow night at 8pm, I can only wonder what it will be, I think CNN said it will have to do with terrorism, I think it will not be good.. Thoughts ATS..

WW3 and Obama is not stepping down as President because it is a time for war.

That or he is going to try to appeal to the American public on gun control and racism in a way he has not tried yet.

Either way....I am sure it will be a fail of an appearance as usual.

ETA: Seems they already have the bullet points for his announcement so it is this:

Source

The White House says President Barack Obama will address the nation from the Oval Office at 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday about the steps the government is taking to keeping people safe after the attack this past week in California.
Obama will provide an update on the San Bernadino attack that killed 14 and wounded 21 and will also discuss the broader threat of terrorism. He will talk about the nature of the threat, how it has evolved, and how he plans to defeat it.

He will talk about his determination that the Islamic State group must be destroyed. And he will make the case that the United States must draw the nation's values - its commitment to justice, equality and freedom - to prevail over terrorist groups.

You know what that sounds like? "I'm going to take away more of your rights to make things better! We have to go after ISIL and we will do so by hugging them on every opportunity we have to show them how nice we are."

What a worthless piece of crud!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Federal gun grab (moratorium on gun purchases going forward), now that they found out the terrorists in San Bernardino bought the four guns legally and passed background checks in California, which has the most restrictive gun laws of any state in the US.

As I understand it, someone else purchased these guns legally. How they got them is still being investigated.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought I heard on the news that the shooters themselves purchased them. What you say makes more sense.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Taking/banning firearms is probably the best and most patriotic thing a president in this day and age could do for his/her country
Would result in the country actually being controlled by it's citizens, and not the vampires on top.

1. I think its fair to say that criminals don't follow the law either wise we wouldn't have murder and other crimes. Making guns illegal will ensure that only criminals and cops have guns. That leaves the law abiding citizens at the mercy of calling 911 to get immediate assistance, which typically is to late for many violent crimes.

2. Take away guns and a person with intent to kill people, will just find other means that is equally as effective if not more lethal. Timothy Mcveigh with fertilizer bomb and the Boston bombing with a pressurized cooker comes to mind.

3. The real issue is not the guns its the individuals and their mental state. I'm not oppose to more rigid background checks but they would have to make sense because if today you are not postal doesn't mean you won't be postal tomorrow. However, taking guns away is not fixing the real issue.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
1. A gun lecture. boring

2. ISIS and lies pertaining to it justifying more boots on the ground

3. Something Russia did and proof of it

4. He quit smoking

5. something blacklives matter, blacks need to unite

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Get ready for a big surprise from Obama then!!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You gotta love that part about the so-called commitment to our values of justice and freedom in the battle against terrorism, while they're using a terrorist attack as a pretext to strip away the Constitutional rights of American citizens who aren't guilty of anything.

But no sir, they're not gigantic hypocrites. Not one bit.
edit on 6-12-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

, I wish he could try to do it using his executive power.

I cannot imagine why you would wish that. For entertainment purposes? The President is a Harvard Law Graduate.
Enough said.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wish: "I'm stepping down as President of these United States."

Truth: "I'm a terrorist sympathizer and fooled you all!!! (sound of suicide vest explosion)

Never: "I have made mistakes and will be working to fix them with our Republican friends."

Probably: "We are taking all your guns to make you weaker....ummmm....safer."
edit on 12/6/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
1. I think its fair to say that criminals don't follow the law either wise we wouldn't have murder and other crimes. Making guns illegal will ensure that only criminals and cops have guns. That leaves the law abiding citizens at the mercy of calling 911 to get immediate assistance, which typically is to late for many violent crimes.

In Europe most countries - like mine - have very strict weapon laws. Hence, almost no citizens have guns here. Now, check out this graph:

See my point?

2. Take away guns and a person with intent to kill people, will just find other means that is equally as effective if not more lethal. Timothy Mcveigh with fertilizer bomb and the Boston bombing with a pressurized cooker comes to mind.

Indeed. The 2nd amendmend failed bitterly there. Even if you armed each and every American, you would not be able to prevent such killings. So, what's the use? I'll tell you: there is no use. Giving guns to whomever wants them simply makes the world a lot less safe.

3. The real issue is not the guns its the individuals and their mental state. I'm not oppose to more rigid background checks but they would have to make sense because if today you are not postal doesn't mean you won't be postal tomorrow. However, taking guns away is not fixing the real issue.

Oh yes, it is. Taking away guns reduces fatalities, that's a simple statistical fact (re-check the graph I presented). Also, it's totally inacceptable for any civilised person to assume he or she can be the sole judge, jury and executioner of another person. Which is what you become if you pull that trigger. Even cops aren't allowed to do that, in my opinion, and should preferably use their guns to immobilize - not kill - a criminal. A criminal should be brought before a jury and have a proper trial.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well he is a POS politician, so I'm guessing lies.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan, for disarmament (and justifying continued leveling of Syria, maybe procession back into Pakistan once Assad assassinated via IS!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

You stated...

Also, it's totally inacceptable for any civilised person to assume he or she can be the sole judge, jury and executioner of another person. Which is what you become if you pull that trigger. Even cops aren't allowed to do that, in my opinion, and should preferably use their guns to immobilize - not kill - a criminal. A criminal should be brought before a jury and have a proper trial.

So I must ask you a logical question. Suppose a criminal enters a home with a weapon, maybe even a gun, and is about to harm a member of your family. Are you truly suggesting to allow them to injure or kill someone and then put them on trial? Because that sure as Hell sounds like what you are suggesting.

You see...people don't (for the most part) purchase weapons legally with the intent to kill another person illegally. Guns are purchased legally for self-defense (as noted above), target practice, hunting, etc. Guns obtained illegally are the vast majority used in criminal activity.

Once you have a person that has decided they are going to break the law, lets say...to kill another person. They have no problem obtaining a gun illegally. The statement that if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns is basically true. Someone intent on a crime or a killing has no problem breaking the law to execute that action.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Usual terrorism bs and an escalation in Syria. The OPEC bust allows for the pivot to Russia by way of Syria.

Bet that #.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And by the way...check out this link: Gun Crimes by Country

I don't know where you got your chart, but according to this one, the USA is not the top of this chart.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: wildb

This what is going to happen, Obama is going to admit that San Bernardino incident was terrorist related, then he is going to tell all of us how by executive decision he is going to ban arms in the US, so the terrorist can not get their hand on them, keeping us all safe.

]
edit on 6-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: wildb

My prediction:

He will candidly speak about the origins of the extremist problem in the Middle East and acknowledge western imperialism as a primary culprit. Then he will speak of a concentrated effort with a coalition to truly wipe it out. This means "boots on the ground" and a full invasion of regions under the Daesh control.

In other words, I think it will be a confession of wrongdoing on America's behalf and also a declaration of war.

Obama admitting he armed ISIS?
Benghazi?

And admitting he was wrong?

From Obama ?......not likely....

Obama is never 'wrong'.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join