It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG Announcement from POTUS

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You are so right. I live close to Shasta Lake, The 5 Fwy goes over the lake via a long miserable bridge. They do have a blow up pontoon back up bridge. But Ive often thought how targeting that bridge would knock out the main corridor for the west coast food supply.

And if any of our large dams, Shasta, Hover, etc, were hit, it would wipe out huge agriculture and population areas. The So Cal area depends on the Colorado River and if we didnt have Lake Powell or Lake Mead, the desert areas wouldnt survive. Las Vegas would dry up to nothing.

So many important issues, and we focus on more gun control laws.

edit on 6-12-2015 by misskat1 because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I don't know why people get upset if more laws and security gets put into place, it's for our protection and our freedom.

So they can have a safe world like this one?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I've personally known several people who "just gave some guy I know some money" and bought a gun that way. Friends selling friends guns, family members passing away and the guns get handed down. A lot of guns get moved around that way too, and that never gets mentioned or addressed.

Translation: It's a pointless action that will deny law-abiding citizens access to firearms without due process.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When it comes to war or a serious threat I want those who are paid to protect us to do so, so I can continue being an ignorant american and going about my day having my freedoms to do as I please, my first amendment right.

Everyone on ATS knows the police have access to military style weapons and equipment, we have all seen the pictures. If these two dead terrorists do have links to ISIS and there are 10,000 more of them scattered throughout the US, I hope the police and local military are ready.

How many people own a gun who live by me? Ok that guy is going to save the neighborhood from radical islamic terrorists with bombs, armor, and automatic weapons ready to die with his glock, shotgun, or hunting rifle?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
I don't know why people get upset if more laws and security gets put into place, it's for our protection and our freedom.

Every law is a freedom taken away from law abiding citizens. Bonus: Laws are ignored by criminals.

Every law must be looked at for risk/reward of what it benefits the law abiding citizen. If the laws take us to a place where we are in worse circumstances than what they were 'intended to protect us from' then we don't need the laws.

How would these 'laws' and 'security' have stopped any of the most recent mass shootings from happening? Getting warm fuzzies because some politician 'did something' is not an improvement.

My solution? Don't change a thing. 'Death by gun' is on the decline and private gun ownership is going up. As a society we are starting to have a conversation that includes confronting the attacker and fighting back, instead of surrendering to the whim of a possible murderer.
edit on 6-12-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The US is a safe place! What freedoms were granted this year? Marijuana, Gay Marriage, transgender rights, prisoner releases, increase minimum wage, etc...I'm sure there are more.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

How many people own a gun who live by me? Ok that guy is going to save the neighborhood from radical islamic terrorists with bombs, armor, and automatic weapons ready to die with his glock, shotgun, or hunting rifle?

Better to die fighting on your feet than roll over and die. You are basically advocating being a helpless victim. That may work for you, have fun with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I've personally known several people who "just gave some guy I know some money" and bought a gun that way. Friends selling friends guns, family members passing away and the guns get handed down. A lot of guns get moved around that way too, and that never gets mentioned or addressed.

Translation: It's a pointless action that will deny law-abiding citizens access to firearms without due process.

Not really, because you can just go to your neighbor, brother, sister, or friend and hand them cash for a gun. If there's no background check, being on a no-fly list doesn't matter.

And as I said, out of the TINY number of actual US citizens that are on that list, an even more MINUSCULE amount are on there by accident. And out of that fraction of a fraction, you maybe have 50 that get denied a gun.

Big whoop to me.

You can just go onto the DHS's website and go through an appeals process if that's the case.

Look people, conservatives cry this all the time (especially after 9/11 when the war drums were beating):

Freedom isn't free.

So we're going to have to "pay" for our freedoms in some ways here and there. Funny how I haven't heard any GOP/conservative people say "freedom isn't free" lately.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Every law is a freedom taken away from law abiding citizens. Bonus: Laws are ignored by criminals.

Every law must be looked at for risk/reward of what it benefits the law abiding citizen. If the laws take us to a place where we are in worse circumstances than what they were 'intended to protect us from' then we don't need the laws.

How would these 'laws' and 'security' have stopped any of the most recent mass shootings from happening? Getting warm fuzzies because some politician 'did something' is not an improvement.

My solution? Don't change a thing. 'Death by gun' is on the decline and private gun ownership is going up. As a society we are starting to have a conversation that includes confronting the attacker and fighting back, instead of surrendering to the whim of a possible murderer.

The security would have been able to discover and track the suspicious activity those two were doing before they killed everyone that day. Prevent the mass killing from happening. Which yes would be an invasion of yours and my privacy but so what? Police would see we are not purchasing arms of weapons so they would move on.

The police are not paid much and time is money. The police are not going to waste their time going through every single person's emails and text messages. Nor my ATS posts...However if during the weeding process they do find terrorists then it's worth it.

I actually had a feeling an event like this was about to happen, and this won't be the last, they will become increasingly worse. So it must be stopped. If you don't think there is going to be another terrorist attack then sure I agree with everyone. But we all know there is going to be more.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

None of these ideas Obama called for would have stopped the terror attack in San bernardino.

Neither of the terrorists were on no fly lists, and they used a straw man to purchsee the firearms.

He won't do anything and his leadership skills are quite lacking. Waste of time.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Better to die fighting on your feet than roll over and die. You are basically advocating being a helpless victim. That may work for you, have fun with it.

I'm sorry no gun hobbiest stands a chance against an ISIS terrorist. That's a Bruce Willis movie, not real life.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You need this as your avatar

theworldaccordingtoalice.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh yeah THEY are expert combatants...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's where my name comes from!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Oh yeah THEY are expert combatants...

Better them than me. They can evacuate me too if SHTF...Life is a journey and I look forward to that journey wherever it takes me. I'd rather be alive and well than injured, worried, cold, starving, thirsty, and running out bullets in a destroyed city that is being bombed.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So basically we lost all our freedoms to keep us "safe" yet not even DHS or that PRISM thing stopped what happened in San Bernadino , and the POTUS gave us some more lip service and has no game plan.

Sighs

Just another day in Bizzaroworld

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
"We need to make it harder for terrorists to purchase guns"
(Read: "we are slowly going to use mass shooting events to erode the Constitution, starting with the 2nd amendment")

"We need to keep troops in the Middle East - because terrorists".
(Read: "must....keep...war-pigs....happy")

"ISIL are bugs"
(Read: "We helped arm ISIL, who are bugs")

"God bless the United States of America"
(Read: "That will keep the fundies happy and off my back for a while")

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This was not to protect us from Terrorist. This is to protect the Terrorist from us so they can execute their agenda here.

Obama is a big lover of the ISIS and even he is not a terrorist himself - he sure makes sure that him and his administration put terrorist before the american people.

Wake up people! Liberal wet dream come true!

However, before I relinquish any of my weapons .. I will unload everything I got towards those who try to take them!
edit on 6-12-2015 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Buddy if SHTF and we have a war with ISIS on American soil the Police and Army are going to want you to join them in the fight against ISIS if that is your attitude.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Why did he say there shouldn't be a Muslim backlash? You would only say that if that was the logical rational thought process.

This guy is too much. Who is this impostor? How did we elect this guy?

If you are on a no fly list you can buy a gun? Well if you are on a no fly list, apparently a nefarious person, would you be going into a gun shop to get a federal background check done? Would you put yourself into yet another database? Assuming you knew you were indeed on a no fly list, which I'm assuming you would, being what or who you would likely be to get on this flight ban list...

edit on 12/6/2015 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join