It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG Announcement from POTUS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Good Lord its just an announcement on what he is going to do about ISIS, not your f*cking guns. He may touch on what he wants, gives us a rant about them but guns aren't going anywhere except in your underground bunkers where I'm for sure some you stroke more than your wife/girlfriend, that is if you have one. This is probably going to a serious message leading us to another war and yet all that you gun nuts can talk about are your guns. SMH as the serious lack of critical thinking skills and basic logic. Are guns the only thing you think about?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Don't listen to him, don't let him get inside your head.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ForteanOrg

In my part of the world, it is also very, very normal to not have a relative killed by a gun, and I live in a CCW red state where almost everyone I know owns a gun ... How does that work out I wonder?

I have had a relative murdered, but he was stabbed.

Sorry to hear that.

Now, if it's very normal not to have a relative killed, and we are both of the opinion that we can have that in either a strictly controlled or less controlled nation, we are left with a simple observation: there are FIVE TIMES more people that die of gun related violence in your (red)neck of the woods than there are in mine. That's a fact.

So, ditch the guns. Shove the 2nd up the same place your government is shoving your 4th. And while you're there, try to get hold of the 4th and pull it out of there - it is worth it.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blujack21

I would remind you that Obama is the one who made gun rights an issue in the context of this incident. You can't blame people for talking about it and expecting some action or proposal when he's the one that brought it up.
edit on 6-12-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am going to say about the same as many here:

He will announce that this was partially terrorism (still maybe workplace violence) and then apologize for all the things America has done in the past to contribute to this problem.

He will tell us how we need to be tolerant and accepting of all the peaceful Muslims in the world that do not believe in the whole 'infidels should be converted or killed' and want to integrate with western society . . . and not alter it in favor of sharia law and its' principals.

He will say that our course of action in the middle east against isis is working, will keep working and ultimately defeat them because it has been working so so so very well thus far.

He will initiate, or at the very least, threaten, executive action for gun control.

The he will sum things up by telling us all about peaceful Islam, holding hands and respecting one another in a united front against a threat that he will literally trip over his own feat to avoid calling radical Islam.

And then maybe, just maybe, he will tell us that the aliens have said we all need to get along on this planet so that we can join the universal collective of peaceful species or face extermination

edit on 6-12-2015 by nonnez because: Ohhhh, meant to say species

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Why?

I and most people happen to think the 2nd is also worth it. Without the 2nd, none of those other Amendments you happen to think ARE worthwhile have any basis for defense other that whether or not the government decides to honor them. The 2nd is the mechanism by which the government is to be kept honest.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So people in 3rd World backwaters like Pakistan, Syria et al have more rights than I do? Even in Iraq, every home is permitted one assault rifle.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Why?

I and most people happen to think the 2nd is also worth it. Without the 2nd, none of those other Amendments you happen to think ARE worthwhile have any basis for defense other that whether or not the government decides to honor them. The 2nd is the mechanism by which the government is to be kept honest.

Our forefathers had the forethought to realize that we may not need our Second Amendment until the day we do need it!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Why?

What's also happened is the American People lost control of their government long ago. In a perfect situation, the 2nd Amendment would ring hollow in regards to govt vs people issues. It's summed-up in the saying the government should fear the people, not the other way around.

To try and nail it down, The People became disempowered when corporations were given the same legal status, among other things.
edit on 6-12-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: queenofswordsThe guy being interviewed talked about a woman bystander being threatened with the knife.....and what did the guy do? Did he charge at the man wielding the knife? Did he call out to other men to help him charge the attacker? No....HE WENT AND HID BEHIND A GARBAGE BIN!!!!!!!

A wise man. Now, what do you think a nervous, knife-swinging idiot would do if he saw me charging him? Run? I don't think so. I think he would grab that woman and use her as a hostage, eliminating any chance for the woman to escape. The woman probably survived and so did he - because they are not trying to be heroes, they are merely trying to survive.

LOL...puleez! I rest my case! (lololol...he HID behind a garbage bin. This was a young man, too! Oh, my!)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Please let's further define the type of violence we truly fear.

I don't think people have in mind getting shot as a bystander in a typical violent crime, connected to another crime like bank robbery, what are the odds?

I don't think people really worry about violence directed at them from a stranger using them as target practice. There's likely as many hunting "accidents" as there are "sniper" style incidents.

That leaves gun crimes committed by someone known to you, but not a sex partner. Sex partner crimes are often knife crimes.

It undermines society when regular people fear to look another person in the eye, or express themselves on religious/moral/government without thinking, is this person a nut who's gonna grab a gun. Distrust of people known to you is a condition that rogue governments wish to create, so maybe that explains the publicity.

Just a few thoughts.

Maybe we should try one idea or another as a test. Have zero gun restrictions, and see what happens. I doubt it'd be much different than now. I live in an open carry state and all hell hasn't broken loose.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ISIS Declares All Guns in Iraq Illegal…Except Those Used by ISIS

It’s the holy grail of gun control, as demanded by Michael Bloomberg and his minions as well as Dianne Feinstein and her associates in Congress: a total ban on firearms, other than those used by the government. And what government is embracing this “progressive” stance on ‘dangerous weapons, you might ask? The Al-Qaeda associated group known as ISIS has just made that declaration for all land under its control in Iraq

In order to fight ISIS we must lay down our arms!

Anyone that thinks they should yield their rights to the state for their own 'best' interests.

Deserves a Darwin Award.

Don't hate the messenger.

Hate the political agenda.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: ForteanOrgThe 2nd is the mechanism by which the government is to be kept honest.

The mechanism that keeps the government honest is the need for the People's support of it. Regardless if your government has all the weapons, they need people to carry them and these people need to be loyal to the State. If these people aren't loyal to the State anymore, the State will falter.

For example, in Eastern Germany nobody was allowed to own a gun unless he or she was working for the State. Half of the people were spying upon the other half. So, you can hardly say there was anything like the 4th or 2nd amendmend there. Still, when the majority of the people decided they would not take it anymore, the State faltered - without any violence.

"Wir sind das Volk" - we are the People. No guns needed.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
I cant wait for all of you to be wrong.... Yet again.... About boogie man obama coming to take yer guns.

Now keep in mind i understand most are just typing in jest here. But cmon. Its alwys obamas takin our guns!!! He hasnt and wont.

You, along with the vast majority of plebs,do not know how to "listen to what a politician is saying".

I'm not attempting to offend you, although it probably will.

Also, I'm not one who believes "Obama is coming for our guns", because if you believe that, you're believing the lie that a president is the head honcho.

But when they talk about YOUR safety, its about taking away some rights somewhere.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Politicians may be a corrupt and vile lot but they are not stupid. They know that a gun ban is pointless and would be like pissing in the wind with 300 million guns floating about the USA. Gun control would be a pipe dream! No they just bring up gun control as a distraction as they know it gets the ignorant masses all riled up and focused on that, meanwhile they get up to no good while the public attention is on that.

Oh they are that stupid.

Gun control isn't a pipe dream they have been going at it for over 70 years to now where the second is a former shell of itself.

Some people fully support asking the state for permission to exercise their GOD given rights.

Which they would not stand for if it was 'free speech' or 'the right to vote'.

The only people who are scared of guns are the politicians.

Since they hide behind people with guns. All the while telling us they are 'bad'.

Maybe if the American people had spent just as much effort on there other rights as they do there guns and spoke up as loudly there would have been no patriot act

That's the funny part here. The anti gunners/Obama are using the same 'logic' that passed the Patriot Act.

Scare the public good enough. They can work 'wonders'. Just like the PA,NDAA.

My point was not that you should not care about your gun rights but WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BS. Politicians have no intention of taking you guns away. It would be impossible to do so in the USA! They are just using it to get the massed riled up and distracted why they strip of other rights. And you are fooling right for it!

If you gave a crap about your other rights on top of you gun rights the USA may not be in mess it is in now.

edit on 6-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

My point was not that you should not care about your gun rights but WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BS.

I have been awake for the last seven years.

Obama's BS is why I wear the gas mask.

It's been malodorlessly FOUL since day 1.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

My point was not that you should not care about your gun rights but WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BS.

I have been awake for the last seven years.

Obama's BS is why I wear the gas mask.

It's been malodorlessly FOUL since day 1.

It has been foul since Regan probably before, in fact defiantly before.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My prediction is ground troops in Syria. Obama talks all the time but this will only be his 3rd oval office speech.

The two before:

Dec. 06, 2015 ???????????????????????????????????????
Aug. 31, 2010 End of U.S. combat operations in Iraq
June 15, 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill

Bush:

Sept. 13, 2007 Iraq War
Sept. 11, 2006 War on terror
May 15, 2006 Immigration reform
Dec. 18, 2005 Iraq War and the war on terror
March 19, 2003 Beginning of combat operations in Iraq
Sept. 11, 2001 Terrorist attacks in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on Sunday0000002015-12-06T16:15:37-06:00America/Chicago1231America/Chicago12154 by lucentenigma because: edit to add

edit on Sunday0000002015-12-06T16:16:20-06:00America/Chicago1231America/Chicago12164 by lucentenigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Well it's damn right wretched right now.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

And the government with the guns just eliminates those who resist.

It worked well for Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join