It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tube stabbing 'terrorist incident'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It's important that in light of this tragedy you take your shot at a country that has nothing to do with this incident. The only thing your post shows is that you would rather use this as a chance to express your hatred and arrogance rather than being genuine about your sympathies towards the victims. Honestly...its the lowest thing I've heard today and I even got told some rape jokes by a friend just a few hours ago.

edit on 5-12-2015 by BrokedownChevy because: Typo

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Unlike the USA we dont descend into paranoid hysteria and knee jerk reactions (mostly).

You're quite an arrogant man, aren't you? How clever.
Fortunately, I have a British aunt I am very close to, and I know not all Brits are so self-aggrandizing.

Hopefully we can look at this cleary, wait for the investigation and treat this as a tragic incident but not one to erode our freedoms , values and culture of tolerance.

It is tragic, and my best to your fellow countrymen. I hope this is found to be an isolated incident, and nothing more.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: Shamrock6

How much more evidence we need to clearly say we are attacked on our land for our kindness, help and tolerance? How more refugees we have to accept to these attacks became stopped? Are You Brits ready for another 22/05, 7/7?

This is example of that you don't need a gun to fight for Syria on West.

At this moment in time there has been nothing to state the status of the person being detained, their religion or their nationality. Why do you pre-judge?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think you need to watch your words. I thought someone got stab in the jimmy...my bad.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I had to check this article just to find out what a 'tube' was...apparently it is a subway system. Thank you for the information OP.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Inspired or directed, it's Islamic terror either way. I don't think it's fair for the authorities to claim it isn't terrorism when it's individuals acting alone, since many Islamic leaders encourage that very behavior. "Lone wolf" attacks are promoted by many, with followers told to do their part in the war against non-Muslims. Logically, such individuals are actually a bigger threat, since they aren't as easily tracked. At best, the authorities might know they peruse certain kinds of sites online, or something of the sort.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: seeker1963

What?

Almost all your mass shootings are by pissed off white teenagers.
*snip*

No, it isn't a fact. Most so-called "mass shootings" are not the spree shooters you envision, but are gang- or terror-related. They are not mostly "pissed of white teenagers".

Your bias is pretty clear. Instead of discussing the case, you put down Americans, and claim we don't know how to react.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Man, they tried to taser him several times but it didn't work.

They are lucky he didn't charge at them after the taser(s) failed to incapacitate him.

Glad everything worked out. I wish a speedy recovery for the victim.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
It seems that any act of public violence by some whacko is getting classified as terrorism in order to enact harsher penalties and infringe individual rights.

Welcome to the new norm!

You're right.

I mean, if a bunch of Hells Angels made a public statement calling brothers in arms to attack rival gangs, and then the next week a hells Angel biker goes and attacks a rival gang, it's not gang related is it.

It's just a crazy bloke off his nut, and the media would spin it so we get a negative view of Hells Angels..

Wait... I don't think that works... hmm..

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat

I would think this person is I.S. inspired but not connected. If he had connections or a network of people and resources, he would have more than a knife.

I have a bad feeling we will get something more organised nearer Christmas.

In my city, for the past 44 years every saturday just gone, we've had a Christmas Pageant parade, with children and Christmassy things on floats parading on a set path through the city, and at the end Santa comes by waving to everyone.

This year, it was cancelled.

Because it might rain... Which it didn't...

Never been cancelled once in 44 years due to weather, but the global climate sure has changed that... They.. whoever they are, whoever people want them to be, or don't want them to be, have won already.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: residentofearth

How much more evidence we need to clearly say we are attacked on our land for our kindness, help and tolerance? How more refugees we have to accept to these attacks became stopped? Are You Brits ready for another 22/05, 7/7?

This is example of that you don't need a gun to fight for Syria on West.

How many innocent Syrians or Muslism in general have been killed in drone strikes and other military operations in Western interest. Don't worry you are still winning in straight death count.

I'm confused. The average Muslim is not a terrorist, right? They're moderate, peace loving and generally dandy folks.

But because of the governments of our countries, they become cold hearted blood thirsty barbarians?

Which is it, are they peace loving, or capable of setting people in cages on fire and smiling about it?

Seriously confused...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: residentofearth

Unlike the USA we dont descend into paranoid hysteria and knee jerk reactions (mostly).

Hopefully we can look at this cleary, wait for the investigation and treat this as a tragic incident but not one to erode our freedoms , values and culture of tolerance.

When hes found guilty th e man he stabbed needs to be allowed to stab him back as payback.

An eye for an eye?

Very Middle Eastern... Let's not adopt the barbaric practices from those who we're at war with...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

I lived in a predominantly Muslim area in Birmingham while at uni, they were all pretty peace loving and friendly during my time apart from the kids, they had attitudes but what kids don't

As for the attack, it seems "for Syria" is the new "Allahu Akhbar" and classed as instant terror attack preplanned by IS when it's probably some IS loving goon looking for some IS brownie points and a possible recruitment interview if he ever gets released from his cell

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy
Rape jokes are incredibly funny though...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

a reply to: seeker1963

What?

Almost all your mass shootings are by pissed off white teenagers.
*snip*

No, it isn't a fact. Most so-called "mass shootings" are not the spree shooters you envision, but are gang- or terror-related. They are not mostly "pissed of white teenagers".

Your bias is pretty clear. Instead of discussing the case, you put down Americans, and claim we don't know how to react.

Prove it.
Show me how how many have been non citizens verse citizens?
Even if gang related they still are your own citizens.

And no its not off topic cause I was takeing a dig at the blame refugees attitude that seems to be popular with certain (not all Americans) when in fact none of the US shootings no far or even the attacks in Europe have infact been done by refugee6 but domestic citizens. Even your attacks in California were i believe US citizens.

edit on 6-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
It's the young Muslims in the UK I am worried about most. They genuinely worry me. I have worked with 5 young Muslims at my work, 1 from Pakistan the rest born n bred.

They are all incredibly nice people at face value, but once you ask questions on how they see the world it is really really shocking. Unwarranted hatred for certain countries, warped views on science and it's validity. The thing that is most worrying is they use the quran to justify certain points but when I ask have they read the book they all said no,. They state the usual points like it proves DNA, explains birth etc etc but couldn't quote a passage as they have never read it by themselves, just regurgitating the charasmatic leaders teachings. One felt that an earring cured his genital problem for Allah's sake. Another one has been to the natural history museum 3 times and still believed the existence of dinosaurs was fabricated and that the Jews did 9/11 (sigh)

I base my opinions on experiences and I have never meant a Muslim I feel "comfortable" around simply because they view the world in such a negative way. I am only speaking about the young Muslims originating from the UK, and not the older generation as I have no interacted with them on the perception level.

edit on 6-12-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

But there's devout "insert denomination here" people who share equally warped views just from a different book. It's not exclusive to Islam, let's not forget it's only some hundred years a go we (the western world) were crusading for the Kingdom of Heaven, hunting witches and sending inquisitors to enact torture on those we considered heretics. It's not religion that is inherently evil, but people of all races, colours, religions. I doubt you will find anyone who loves everything about everything, everybody holds some animosity towards certain things even the most peaceful, docile people.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

To too terribly on topic here....but for the life of me I could not picture what it must be like to stab someone with a tube. Or why you just wouldn't use a knife.

Then i found out im just a stupid yank.

Oi, you can stab someone with a tube. Doctors do it all the time. Or farmers. We call it...a trocar.

What a trocar might look like stobbed into a cow. Or a coo, if yer Geordie.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
They are lucky he didn't charge at them after the taser(s) failed to incapacitate him.

Pfft. Gabriel protects Muslims against electrical attack up to +3.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

They tased him twice, the first time they missed the mark. That's why people with knives are usually shot, bullets don't bounce off...

That one miss allowed him to remain active enough to line someone else up for a slash or stab, that could have been a fatal one.

Usually someone crazy enough to wield a knife on you are going to stab at you from any angle they can, and furiously at that, so you could get a stab to the neck, face, chest, stomach, back...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join