It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

On saying “I love you” to lots of people.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:55 AM
a reply to: geezlouise

It's often nice to share your emotions with other humans however not all humans deal with emotions the same way you might.

Over using a word which carries powerful emotional attachment such as the word love , doesn't taint it but it certainly if over used and repeated through habit can make it sound trite and carry less meaning.

If you are overwhelmed with a feeling of love to another person just remember to think about how you want to display your emotion to them. If it is someone you know and they are aware you are an emotional person who likes to express them freely then sure go for it. If its someone you dont know then you can make that person feel awkward because they may not deal with emotions the same way you do.

So its just a simple case of thinking about the situation , if you are a good judge of character and think that the person will respond well to your display of emotion then I'd say that you can make that call.

What ultimately is the worst that could happen you offend someone by expressing yourself freely, its not against the law so why not.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:06 AM
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Love as a means to feel good is not love.

And intellectualizing too much when an impulse comes from the heart,can stifle one to inaction and apathy

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:53 AM

originally posted by: geezlouise
The other day I was getting advised in college and I blurted out, “I love you so much right now!” …to my advisor.

That is very sweet, thus you must be sweet, thus you have no option but to be who and what you are!
I think that telling folks that you love them is just good medicine for everyone!
Even better if you actually did (rather than some passing feeling)!
Anyway, I'd rather someone say that they feel love for me, then hate or violence!

More than likely, if someone tells me that they Love me, I'd tell them to show me, don't tell me.
That seems to separate the wheat from the chaff rather quickly! *__-
With Love

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM

Yes it is wrong to say I love you like it meant nothing. How can you love your dirty coworkers that most of the time work behind your back?

How can you love your boss who is acting like you are his slave?

How can you love complete strangers that don't ever notice you or care about your existence.

How can you love your husband who cheats on you, drinks too much and don't bring salary to home.

So I love you are big words and should not be used on wrong people, because you can encourage them to be even worse. Instead of I love you say I hate you. IMO I hate you need to be said more than I love you unless you are living in utopia.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:23 AM

by telling people that I love them, it could possibly lift their spirits and reinforce kindness and love. So what’s the big deal? WHATS THE BIG DEAL? 

So true. Some people don't appreciate the kindness from others but once they do something mean, that one action gets all of their attention.

Unfortunately some people are like that, their minds are focused on all the impure and bad instead of praising the beauty and kindness.

Nice message.

edit on 3-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:53 AM

And I'm so sorry that you need so badly to be so special that you want something more than everyone else without working for it. But perhaps if you want a special piece of cake, then maybe you should work for it..

Where in WHitehats post did you get the impression that they are wanting something for nothing? I was struggling with responding to you in light of how you twisted Schulyers 2 responses to your posts, but after the above I cant not respond

and that I'm pushing the boundaries. And I always will

Thank you though for being real. You are definitely very safe within the boundaries of the average hive. Must be nice to be so safe.

So if you are pushing the boundaries then call Schulyers measured reasoned response "hive mind" what does that say about you as "loving" - forgiveness may be seen as conjuctive to loving. Were you forgiving or defensive?

In your O/post you wrote

Sometimes I fall in love with complete strangers, people who stick out from the crowd, people who I’ve never talked to but only observed from a distance who I still remember after years and years because of their presence alone.

More than one person told me to stop tainting the word love. From the internet

"falling in love" with with complete strangess sounds more like "infatuation". Why would you even consider what people say over the internet as anything more than "soundbyte" Another area of concern I have is that you said you are getting advice at college and you are 32 years old. Something doesn't add up. You said later that you had been abused. Are you overcompensating for the abuse- instead of being wary you are "loving" everything and everyoine as a method of healing?

I dont know, thats why I ask these question; I would understand if you have been abused why you may not answer. I wish you well.

If I may impart some words and you can take or leave them; loving everything/everyone without defensive barriers will attract love BUT will also atttract negative types; these are Psychic vampires and they would try hard to destroy you.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:04 PM
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

lol, well aren't you late to the party!

And firstly, thank you for meaning me well. Because I know that when we mean others well... it keeps our integrity intact and our conscience clean. So I see that it's very important for you to keep your conscience clean.

But what is your real concern with me? Not quite sure. Are you really afraid that I am going to get hurt? I doubt it. I think deep down inside you're feeling defensive. But why... I wonder?

I only make jabs in response towards those who jab me first, and that's how I keep my integrity intact. Just being real. But yeah, maybe that's a little childish, lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

lol, well aren't you late to the party!

Here on ATS the party never stops!

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:57 PM
a reply to: VP740

Well I love the ongoing ATS party... so far, lol!

Cause lately I'll be honest... I'd rather hang out here on friday nights than go out.
But WAIT OH MY GOD, am I allowed to say that I love ATS... ? Hmmm.
Or would that be considered... too loving? Too open? Too shallow?
Maybe I'm just too blarming new to know anything about anything.

Anyway and about that comment about how I'm 32 and still in school and getting ADVISED? Please, re-read what I have written. And allow me to inform you: my institution requires that all students be "advised"... by an "advisor"... in order to register for classes for the next semester. So there you have it, can't sign up for classes without getting advised. And I'm aware that I'm, and in school. Thank you very much. Didn't know it was going to be such a problem for you, Mr. Construcktion of Light. But now that I know, is there any way it can be ok with you? That I'm 32 and still in school? Will you approve?
JUST KIDDING DON'T ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS. I mean you well back, have a good night!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:56 AM

what the ?

why did I even bother; you sure sound like you have everything figured out...there is a word for your behaviour...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>