It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On saying “I love you” to lots of people.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

OP, let me just say I LOVE YOU for this post!!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

You've made a lot of sense. It sounds like you're on the same journey, tbh.

In my observations, people tend to disregard information whenever it doesn't suit us- when it seems useless in regards to our personal survival. So some people do NOT pay attention to things they regard as useless to their survival... even if they're experiencing it. And then there's the danger of not understanding your own personal experiences. For example, someone can be boiling water and in clumsiness burn themselves and then blame it on the pot by saying that the pot came to life and tipped on it's own when that was not the reality of the situation(I've seen this in american idol try-outs, people who think they are great singers but they are not, or also people who come out of the judging room and say things happened that did not happen- weird stuff- but it happens on every other level too like people in relationships/arguements and etc). I struggle with this possibility a lot in my personal life... I am constantly trying to re-align my own understandings with the truth, whatever the truth may be, no matter how hurtful the truth is.

It seems like off-topic but it's not, because if love is attention, then paying attention to things has a lot to do with... awareness, as you put it, and truths, in a huge sense. And though we are all showing love, some people show more love... and it's obvious.

Thank you for contributing, you've been a great reinforcement on my journey.! I love you.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NightGypsy

OMG I LOVE YOU BACK!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I love you

S&F

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If people feel you're misusing the word, that's coming from something in them. Love is the ONE thing there's an infinite amount of. We can bathe in it, bask in it, suck it in until we're full of it... give it in bushels to other people... and there's still an unlimited amount of it. Why not spread it wherever you go?

I say, "I love you" all the time. There are many different kinds of love. No reason to withhold if from anyone!

Great post! I love you!

edit on 12/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Your catty response to me suggests you are being defensive. You're old enough to be my granddaughter, so I'm not impressed with your definitions or your analysis here. You're young and still testing boundaries, which is a major point. When you extend the boundaries of superlatives, you risk, at the very least, confusion.

And at the most, danger. This attitude of yours is the reason why a lot of otherwise innocent men get accused of rape. You're indulging in superlatives you don't mean while other people are taking you literally. That's dissonance and it's your misuse of language that is causing it. You are in no position to define words for other people; they've been around (people and words both) for a lot longer than you have and your unique definitions for words simply do not apply.. The only safe course for anyone else to take is to not believe a word you say.

People on the Internet are not your friends and they don't "love" you. They're very safe in saying so because they do not have to account for their actions. And they can evaporate in an instant. Whole communities that took months or even years to evolve can be gone with the push of a button. I've seen it happen.

Take the advice you asked for or don't, but please don't argue with people who are providing what you asked for. That's childish behavior.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Compassion is a good and kind thing in todays mess of a world Godbless

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I paid a lot of attention to your post, I think maybe because you're part of the reason why there is a stigma at all. And maybe parts of my response was a little catty (the part where I said you must feel very safe within boundaries of the average hive- which is true, you follow all the rules), but I mainly just feel passionately about the whole thing so I apologize if I have hurt your feelings or seem disrespectful when I choose to continue to be loving.

Keeping my emotions in check doesn't mean snuffing them out entirely until I become empty and devoid of all feeling. Don't snuff out my love. Or anyone's. That seems too evil.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Just keep being you. If you want to say I love you to someone, say it. Be yourself.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Why post here If you're going to be an ass?..Btw,Love You geezlouise.

edit on 5-12-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

A most exquisite observation.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
DPost

edit on 5-12-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Would just like to say I love as much as I can but some people in this world are real bad and the crimes they commit, I cannot or will never love them and yet God tells us to love each other how is that even possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Also, how do you explain THIS:

originally posted by: queenofswords
The Ancient Greeks came up with six kinds of love (Eros, storge, agape, philia, pragma, ludus). Most of us only verbally express love in one or two of these states of feeling. We may feel love in the other states, but we don't openly express it out loud. You sound like the kind of person that likes to express yourself in all of them. If that is your personality, then just embrace it and don't worry about what others think or what kind of name they want to label you with.

Btw, queen of words YES! I was waiting for someone to expound on the definition of love, and if you (schuyler) are demanding a respect of knowledge of the elderly, then please refer to this. Let's not CUT DOWN ON OUR DICTIONARY like in 1984 where NewsSpeak is the only language in the world that gets smaller and smaller every year... feeling a little like Winston again here. Ack!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Saying I love you does not always mean love. We just got used to put every other nice feeling we have in one mantra " I love you". There are many ways to express gratitude, enthusiasm, sympathy, pleasure or whatever we feel at the moment for a specific person. Because I'm sure most of the time it is not love.

And like every other thing we make use of in our day by day life, if abused these words lose their value. If you give everyone the same piece of chocolate cake every day, well, people will like it but it will become the most ordinary thing coming from you. But if you give some a biscuit, some a fruit and to some special ones on special occasions a piece of chocolate cake that would be most appreciated. Hope you get my meaning.

I never believed people who "love me" just out of nothing, then in five min go on loving someone else just the same, they're all love and smiles and rainbows all around. It's just a show to get something or to feel better with themselves. Maybe I flow with it not to spoil their party but I don't buy it.

For everything, even love there is a proper time and place. Throwing it around in a whim makes that love very cheap. In best cases it can make you seem nice but childish and immature, in the worst cases people can feel suspicious or even offended.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Then I'm childish and immature and unbelievable. Even my anger and hatred has been unbelievable, I'm all too familiar with all emotions being denied and unbelievable...

And I'm so sorry that you need so badly to be so special that you want something more than everyone else without working for it. But perhaps if you want a special piece of cake, then maybe you should work for it... ? Just a thought. Otherwise you're getting the same amount of attention and love that anyone else around here gets by default. I'm also sorry that you can't enjoy what you are given, the unspecial love that you receive... how awful.

Also, sometimes an expression is all we have to give in the moment.

Most of all, the love that my parents expressed towards my siblings which I was a witness of never took away from the love that they expressed towards me. Their love for me had nothing to do with their love for my siblings. Also the moments when they felt angry towards me, that did not take from the love that they expressed to me previously. I knew this inherently at a very young age, and maybe it could benefit you to learn it, too.

With love,
Louise.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interesting thread... and raises some deep points.. .that I will ignore and go on to say something a bit more trite!

People are defensive by learned behavior and it spreads like a virus through populations... but I'm hoping "those" folks will learn that being "loving" to everyone, even strangers or unpleasant seeming individuals, works to their own, selfish benefit... they tend not to be abused or berated as much (note use of "tend") and "get" more from others.

This is a rather cynical view, but one that will spread good will through the population... if the folks who prize personal power and selfishness as a practical way of living successfully can be modified to act in a "loving" way for their own selfish ends, then good... right?

Obviously, I've argued with some "Ayn Rand-ian" right wing-nuts who think being "loving" is childish and weak, and offering the selfish side of love (or a sort of conditional love, really) is one way to argue back... not that I agree with that on a more philosophical level. mind you.

Anyway, people are beaten down through living, and most misanthropes are romantic, loving people who learn to be "that way" as a result of being hurt too often.. .a vicious cycle, but a human one.

"Love" the thread.. .heh.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

You're spot on, this isn't trite at all.

I love your contribution. You have, with mere words, exposed how much attention you yourself have given to the subject by the level of comprehension that you have displayed. This also brings up another point- for one, that an expression is an act, even if you're just using words. Secondly, the level of expression can expose other actions(a history of knowledge in a sense).

Thank you, I love your response. Bravo!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm a big love bug myself. My family members, friends and I say it all the time!

Much love to you Louise!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Ummm...wow Skyler...your self portrait in your avatar is clouding your judgement...don't you think...?
Your certainly sounding like Chancellor Palpitine...

People on the Internet are not your friends and they don't "love" you.

How could you possibly make a claim such as that...I'm sure E-harmony and all the plethora of dating sites would be enough to refute your assertion...I've personally made friends on this site...There are also whole Spiritual pursuit paths dedicated to compassion and the love of all beings...yes...including even you Skyler...
Not only that...I consider you to be a friend...That doesn't mean I expect you to reciprocate in like fashion and consider me your friend...simply not necessary...It would certainly be welcome...but not necessary...

You see Skyler...I don't need a reciprocal reaction in order to express my active compassion...I study and practice Buddhism/meditation and there are many many studies that validate what I experience in my daily life...I was even going to take part in a study at Stanford University that dealt with meditation alleviating depressive states...unfortunately I moved back to the east coast and couldn't take part...

In conclusion...YES...people on the internet...CAN...be your friend...AND...you can truly have compassion and practice/exhibit loving kindness to strangers and persons you might never have the pleasure to meet...

Be well my friend...know that you are loved and many millions of people the world round have compassion for you and wish you nothing but well being...irregardless of your belief systems or lack thereof...

YouSir

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join