It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter and hostage situation in Neenah Wisconsin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Besides, when I started the thread it was still "active," according to news headlines that I posted from. You're coming in here well over an hour later, a bit late to the party because the situation is pretty much over now. Suspect in custody. So, why even open your mouth?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

That has nothing to do with this situation and you're wrong:

The article correctly described some factual elements of the incident, but distorted a number of details. On 22 November 2015, what was described by credible news sources as a "gunfight" erupted during a large event at Bunny Friend Playground in New Orleans. The day of the shooting the New Orleans Advocate reported a "hail of gunfire" between "two unidentified groups" erupted at the public park, adding that "multiple gunmen [were] shooting at each other."

Information about the 22 November 2015 shooting at Bunny Friend Playground was in fact easy to come by, as the incident was reported on extensively by both local and national news outlets. Initial reporting alone (not counting follow up reports on arrests) generated hundreds of articles in Google News; among sites which covered the shooting were USA Today, People, FoxNews.com, NBCNews.com, Daily Mail, the New York Times, New York Daily News, KSLA, WWL-TV, the Times-Picayune, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Not only was it clear the media hadn't colluded to "bury" the story, but most coverage included a mug shot of Allen (clearly not downplaying the fact the suspect was black.)

Another misrepresentation in Mad World News' article involved the "giant mass shooting" it described. While 17 people were wounded (no one was killed) in the Bunny Friend Playground incident, "mass shooting" is a term generally used in an entirely different manner:

Snopes for more.

Mad World is nothing but propaganda.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
NYT Headline tomorrow:
Active Shooters Just 5 Miles From Planned Parenthood

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Police are still holding people in lockdown in nearby businesses and people are asking to leave now.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Oh you, dont stop your great post, it makes it easier to figure out whats truth and propaganda.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

By around 1:45 p.m. Saturday, police had arrested two men after a standoff at a Neenah motorcycle shop, area news outlets were reporting.

The standoff was prompted by a man who changed his mind about selling his motorcycle, a Green Bay lawyer and friend of the owner of Eagle Nation Cycles told the Journal Sentinel.

Attorney Cole White, who had been receiving calls and text messages from Steven Erato, owner of the motorcycle shop, pieced together this account:

Erato was at the shop working on motorcycle around 9:30 a.m. when he heard a commotion and saw an intruder firing shots. He headed for the basement. Erato did not know what type of gun was being used or how many intruders were in the store.

At 9:31 a.m., White received a text message from Erato that said "we have an active shooter situation going on at eagle nation. I am hiding in the basement"

White said the gunman had sold a motorcycle to another person, who brought the bike to Eagle Nation for repairs. The gunman decided he wanted his bike back so he went to the repair shop to retrieve it.

"This this guy came to the shop because he wanted his bike back," White said, stressing that his information was secondhand. "He wanted the money and the bike ... These people (at Eagle Nation) had nothing to do with the transaction."

Erato was not injured, White said as he headed to the shop around 1:30 p.m. Saturday.

Neenah Mayor Dean Kaufert told Fox 11-TV about 30 shots were fired during the incident.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What's crazy about this is if it's all wrapped up and it was just a dispute between two guys, why is the place still in lockdown and they are sweeping the place for bombs. Maybe they are making a much bigger deal out of nothing here. Don't know.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Yup, thanks homie!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Weird. When I saw the alerts for it, it was already listed as a hostage standoff and not an active shooter. The first time I saw anything about it bein an active shooter was your thread, which was posted well after I got my first alert about it.

Whatever you say, Billy Badass.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
What's crazy about this is if it's all wrapped up and it was just a dispute between two guys, why is the place still in lockdown and they are sweeping the place for bombs. Maybe they are making a much bigger deal out of nothing here. Don't know.

Rezlooper, we are witnessing the mechanics of an agenda propaganda machine at work. Sit back and watch. It has already started and is in full swing. Let he who has "eyes" to "see" and "ears" to "hear" be awake and aware.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So it seems there may be quite a bit more to this story.

I've been sitting here wondering and posting about why the huge situation all this time later (they just finally did the all clear five minutes ago), and now I think I see why. So, I went back to check out the Twitter posts on #Neenah and some are suggesting there is no love loss between the Neenah Police and the bike shop. Back in 2012, with armored vehicles and all, SWAT raided this bike shop and now the bike shop has a major lawsuit going against them. Maybe, the police have used this shooting incident, a dispute between two customers that has nothing to do with the owners or employees of the shop, to do a thorough search of the building for drugs, not bombs!

From a blog post you can find here Bikes of America, know your rights posted on December 9, 2014

Neenah, Wisconsin - The Neenah War On Motorcycle Clubs

OFF THE WIRE
agingrebel,com
Eagle Nation Cycles in Neenah, Wisconsin and four individuals have filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the City of Neenah, its police department, its police chief, one of the city’s police captains and the judge who signed the search warrant that authorized a Swat raid on the shop in September 2012.
“The warrant laid out claims against Eagle Nation, claiming the facility was being used in a complex drug manufacturing and distribution operation in conjunction with the Hells Lovers motorcycle gang and suggested activities and persons in the facility as if it were an episode of the television series, Sons of Anarchy,” the suit alleges.

The Swat Raid

The complaint states: “On Friday, September 21, 2012 shortly after 1:00 PM members of the Neenah Police Department, the Neenah Swat Team and the LWAMEG (Lake Winnebago Area Metropolitan Enforcement Group) executed the warrant for ‘Eagle Nation Choppers’ on all of the facilities located at the 206 Main St. business complex. Supervising the raid was Neenah Police Chief Kevin E. Wilkinson. The hyper-militarized force parked an arnored tank-like vehicle outside of Eagle Nation, stormed the building, bombarding the occupants with assault weapons drawn, screaming profanities and abuse, all while wearing plain clothes (ununiformed) and facemasks. None of the initial officers that entered the building were wearing marked police uniforms. Several of the Officers involved in the raid, including Captain Long would have known that such force was wholly unnecessary, given their close personal and long-standing working relationship with (bike shop owner Steven) Erato and Eagle Nation Cycles.”
The warrant was issued after members of the Metropolitan Enforcement Group “observed an alleged drug exchange take place in the alleyway located behind Eagle Nation Cycles…and Gords Pub…. After pulling the car over that was involved in the exchange, MEG determined that a small heroin sale took place.”
“Officers claimed that the target went into Eagle Nation.”
“Inspection of the location reveals that from where affiant was standing, it is a physical impossibility to see the rear entrance of Eagle Nation. This would be known to anyone even remotely familiar with this area of Neenah, Wisconsin.”

Neenah in The News

Neenah has a population of about 25,000. The Neenah Swat Team and its many implements of war including a “nine-foot-tall armored truck…intended for an overseas battlefield” was the subject of a feature story by Matt Apuzzo in the New York Times Last June titled “War Gear Flows to Police Departments.”
“When the military’s mine-resistant trucks began arriving in large numbers last year, Neenah and places like it were plunged into the middle of a debate over whether the post-9/11 era had obscured the lines between soldier and police officer,” Apuzzo wrote.
In the Times feature, Police Chief Wilkinson defended the militarization of his department. “I don’t like it. I wish it were the way it was when I was a kid,” he said. But he said the possibility of violence, however remote, required taking precautions. “We’re not going to go out there as Officer Friendly with no body armor and just a handgun and say ‘Good enough.’”

Eagle Nation Cycles and the other complainants are seeking $50 million in punitive damages, $200,000 in compensatory damages and $200,000 in lost income.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Well...there you have it! Good find and very interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Listening to the scanner during the event, I distinctively heard the officer say "three bodies by the ramp"

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Interesting twist!

So the shop where the shooting took place is a local "Hell's Angel's" hangout (I realize they didn't name the gang, I'm just using the term as a generic motorcycle gang). Police possibly using the incident as an excuse for a good looksee. Makes some sense.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Listening to the scanner during the event, I distinctively heard the officer say "three bodies by the ramp"

You know, at the end of the reports on the scanner, when they said they were all done going through the building searching for "bombs" I thought I heard the officer say, you know, we're done, then "we'll leave the bodies for ------ office when they come in." But, I may have been wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Interesting twist!

So the shop where the shooting took place is a local "Hell's Angel's" hangout (I realize they didn't name the gang, I'm just using the term as a generic motorcycle gang). Police possibly using the incident as an excuse for a good looksee. Makes some sense.

Yeah, and plus, they probably a little pisst off about the $50 million dollar lawsuit the bike shop has in court right now against the PD.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I think someone needs to see this.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well...there you have it! Good find and very interesting.

I am actually from Neenah. I live about a mile away from Eagle Nation. I have found everything very bizarre.
The name of the suspect has not been released
The man who was killed was part of the law suit against the Neenah PD
He was actually a hostage in the situation and police fired at him as he exited the building
Neenah has also been in headlines recently for all kinds of crooked activities
We never heard anything about three bodies. I have only seen people talking about that from what they heard on the scanners
Police will not release any information
The DOJ is investigating
This sounds like a big mess and I wonder if we will be the next city on national news for police brutality.

Now we wait! Any more information you need, I have plenty!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join