It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin is within weeks of complete control of all ME oil.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

yep we are looking at the same thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Some anti aircraft weapons and 150,000 men would barely be able to prop up Assad much less control anything around them. They would simply be swallowed up by the conflict. It would require the Russia Navy to even try such a thing and it is far to small and old to have a chance. Russia is already over extended and with popular unrest building it needs a way out of Syria and Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Some anti aircraft weapons and 150,000 men would barely be able to prop up Assad much less control anything around them. They would simply be swallowed up by the conflict. It would require the Russia Navy to even try such a thing and it is far to small and old to have a chance. Russia is already over extended and with popular unrest building it needs a way out of Syria and Ukraine.

Hmmm, the S400s are anti-BM capable as well as, I've seen posted, anti-carrier capable.

150,000 that aren't bound by insane ROEs and air supremacy? Really? it took less than 200 on the ground, with air support, to clean all the Taliban out of Afghanistan in the first place.

Add in Assad's support and troops...? Isis departs to easier pickings almost overnight.
edit on 5-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

Besides, Obama would pull all the navy out of missile range. Apparently, U.S. airstrikes are 'on hold' even now...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
Here's a good comparison of the two nations, Russia vs USA

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
Combine this article, with this article and you might have some trouble.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I don't know anything, but I'm very skeptical of any Chinese-Russian alliance.

China is cleaning up on the low oil prices. Russia is being killed by them. They have different overall goals. China needs the U.S. both to cover the T-Bills and purchase it's goods. Russia does not.

I may be wrong on this, nothing new there, but I think it's more sabre rattling rather than any legitimate scenario. I do believe Russia would ensure China's Iranian oil supply otherwise face the potential of China aligning with the U.S.! They need their oil until those South China Sea reserves are developed.

Afterthought: As a matter of fact, I doubt Putin could pull this off without ensuring China's was 'OK' with it. Mess with China's oil supply and China would consider it an act of war and wouldn't hesitate retaliating...more so than Europe or the U.S....at a guess....

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
hmm Ukraine was perhaps an bridge to far for nato... !
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
lolll oil prices killing Russia ?

bet the western economy is hurt worser with the common oil prices... ( no wonder the rockefellers stept out of oil) yes the US is leader of producing oil now but wat is the profit of it ??????????? the last economic crisis is actual never solved ! interrest are zero of below....thats a sighn that the trick hat is nearly over for the banking system.... the working class saved the big money but are at there limits of keeping the economy going...
Putin knows that and takes the western boycot for granted knowing the boycot is back-firing on the western economy moore than hurting russia its self
note:
Turkey is an alternativ route for exporting EU goods to Russia ... thats getting blocked now ! an a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
People seem to forget that the US airbase in turkey can support the f-22's which can get withing 25 miles of a s-400 before being detected with active ECM engaged. their range is 60 miles to drop the weapons to hit the s-400 launchers. they arent really a issue if it comes down to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

i'm not sure he could not stop all oil from coming out of the Middle East, they can truck oil from Saudi Arabia, Yemen, UAE, Oman,Qatar, thru the red sea and the persian gulf down around south africa if they manage to block the suez. sure it might increase the cost but he would not control the flow.

if iran tried to get snotty and tried stop oil flowing from the Persian Gulf, those countries on that side could still strike a deal with Suadi Arabia to go through theuir country to the red sea.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
People seem to forget that the US airbase in turkey can support the f-22's which can get withing 25 miles of a s-400 before being detected with active ECM engaged. their range is 60 miles to drop the weapons to hit the s-400 launchers. they arent really a issue if it comes down to it.

Assuming U.S. willingness to do so. I'd agree.

Do you believe Obama would allow or authorize that? It would be, for all intents and purposes, a declaration of war against Russia.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i'm not sure he could not stop all oil from coming out of the Middle East, they can truck oil from Saudi Arabia, Yemen, UAE, Oman,Qatar, thru the red sea and the persian gulf down around south africa if they manage to block the suez. sure it might increase the cost but he would not control the flow.

if iran tried to get snotty and tried stop oil flowing from the Persian Gulf, those countries on that side could still strike a deal with Suadi Arabia to go through theuir country to the red sea.

I believe the Russians could seriously restrict that method.

I also believe it wouldn't come to that. IF and it's a big if, Putin takes unilateral 'control' of the region, and it's oil shipments, I'd guess Putin would give an alternative to outright war. Continuing the regular oil supply in exchange for concessions that favor Russia including price increases.

That alternative, especially in light of the weak leadership supplied by the current U.S. Administration, may be more desirable to an oil starved EU than outright war. I really don't believe Obama would join in the festivities and the EU is currently leaderless without the will to take Putin on by themselves.

Hey! This is all speculation on my part. It could all be bull#. Not an impossibility though....

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

inferring with international shipping in waters like the Persian Sea and Indian Ocean,the Atlantic would cause other countries of the world to send their fleets. unless they wanted to really start a choosing up sides real shooting World War III i don't think they would do that.

Russia doesn't want a world war they'd lose.

edit on 5-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I hope your right...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Qatar has just gave Turks a military base for 60 fighter jets and 12.000 soldiers .

I wonder if Sauds will follow suit soon .

Russia might want to fight it out but not all the way . Just enough war to push oil over 120+ dollars and keep it there for a foreseeable future .

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Do they even have 150,000 men to put in Syria, without dangerously weakening themselves elsewhere?

Not sure they do.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Qatar has just gave Turks a military base for 60 fighter jets and 12.000 soldiers .

Russia might want to fight it out but not all the way . Just enough war to push oil over 120+ dollars and keep it there for a foreseeable future .

Unbelievable. Is there no alliances left? Turkey is serious and NOT relying on NATO?

WTF is going on?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: 23432

Unbelievable. Is there no alliances left? Turkey is serious and NOT relying on NATO?

WTF is going on?

It is more like Qatar choosing Turks as protectors .

Qatar comes home to Istanbul ; they don't want to play war games with big boys .

Given the fact that Qatar was a province of Ottoman's , well it is expected .

Qatar is being smart and trusting it's riches with Turks .
An ancient tradition in Arabia & Persia .

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Russia close to controlling a lot of me oil. All of the worlds terrorism from 9/11 to San Bernardio to Boko Haram and Isis comes from Saudi Arabia. tell me again we shouldn't invest in more renewable energy in the US?

Could be oil on the way out, and nobody's. told the M.E yet the last barrels seem to going at giveaway prices. Lithium Batteries will basically, stop the need for oil, major car and bike manufactures are retooling as we speak. The electric motorcycle, is now as good as the internal combustion model. The last time I looked it was 200 miles on a charge. The E. pushbike does a reliable 40k without pedalling .It was always going to happen, and the climate change figures will probably get general government backing, once the rich have transferred their shares over. The technology is here.

So how does that change the "Grand Game" very significantly I expect, if I were living in a single economy type oil, exporting country I would want to get somewhere where my children wouldn't starve when the dollars stopped coming in.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Besides, Obama would pull all the navy out of missile range. Apparently, U.S. airstrikes are 'on hold' even now...

No they are not on hold. The Coalition air strikes in Syria continue. Where do these rumours start?

www.theguardian.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join