posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
"What do you do when there isn't enough jobs for everyone? What do you do when people just do not want to work, or have very low skills and abilities?
I do not know the answer, but that is where not just us but the world is heading. It's called 330 million people in America all wanting a job at some
point. I can easily see 200 million in America in the future without a job to be had no matter how good they are, life is going to change unless we
get our population growth under control."
The population is totally in control (excepting Africa). The declining birth rates & projections show the world population will never reach 10
Billion. It's a bit of a mashup but partly we can point to this as a cause for the current economic problems. Our business models and system are based
around an expanding market share - increased profits and bigger returns. Really how do you do this with declining populations? Where are the new
What gets me is there is so much that needs to be done, (yes needs) and yet the system we have created asks for an immediate financial return and
budgets are tight so even with unemployed people who would love to help it doesn't happen.
1) Plant trees (you know for oxygen which has declined .03% in the last 20 years) also for carbon sequestration.
2) Colonisation of space (yep I'm serious) We, yes us, we are responsible for the continuation of our species. All our eggs are sitting in one basket,
needs to happen as soon as we possibly can.
3) Clean our waters, the rivers, lakes and the sea.
4) Stop polluting our air, find the new technologies that produces the power we need but not the mess. Clean up the nuclear spills and the waste
deposits. Lets open up the books on where this stuff was mined, there are areas of the planet where if you swim in the water you will die in a matter
5) We put heavy metals into our medicines to increase the shelf life (it makes the medicine cheaper) these decisions, and many like this, are making
The reasons that these changes are not employing the people, are financial reasons. They exist because of the system that we ourselves have created. A
country that takes on the job of fixing these things, is financially disadvantaged in the worldwide scheme of things.
People, we lack for nothing, we live in paradise, the sun and mother earth give us everything we need. We are bathing in abundance. There is enough of
everything for everyone.
I applaud Finland for making a change that recognises this.