It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Defend a Lonely Position on Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Take away guns, something else WILL take its place. The more difficult it's made to obtain, the more creative way to get it or replace it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yes, you are missing something. Most people who buy guns and shouldn't do so illegally, and they don't care what the requirements are. They aren't going around looking for your average Joe from whom to purchase weapons; they are looking for illegal dealers. Universal checks wouldn't phase them at all, and would only place a larger burden on honest citizens.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Currently in Illinois, we have this -

Any private (unlicensed) seller of a firearm who seeks to transfer a firearm to any unlicensed purchaser must, prior to transfer, contact the Department of State Police (DSP) with the transferee’s Firearm Owner’s Identification (FOID) Card number to determine the validity of the transferee’s FOID Card.1 The seller must await approval by DSP before transferring the firearm. Approvals issued by DSP for the purchase of a firearm are valid for 30 days.2

Which is something I've done on my own for years. If I don't know you [ and I mean one of my close friends ] I will ask for your info and take it to the police to have it checked. If you refuse, find someone else to buy from.

<< 1   >>

join