It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health...and the San Bernadino Terrorist Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I find more than a little bit of irony in the fact the target of this latest Islamic terrorist attack in San Bernadino was a mental health facility.

If you think about it for a minute; isn't the whole mental health issue right at the heart of the mass shootings debate (right behind the agenda driven gun control argument)?

So it's more than a little ironic that suddenly the mental health industry itself would suddenly become a target of Islamic terrorists. And, it's more than a little convenient that the mental health system would suddenly now become 'victims'.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this smacks of a well orchestrated event to take the mental health element off the table when it comes to mass shooting causation debate...because now they are just innocent victims themselves.

edit on 12/5/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they attacked a meeting/holiday party for public health workers that were in a rented conference area. They were not connected to the mental health aspect.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm not sure I get what you're getting at. No doubt the shooting is being used to drive an agenda. But how is all of that linked to the location of the shooting? Not really sure the location had anything to do with a mental health facility. Plus just because you have a physical or mental disability or challenge, does NOT mean you suffer from ill mental health.

The location was the Inland Regional Center - a place where people with disabilities could be supported with programs and whatnot - this is not a mental health treatment facility.

Wiki - Inland Regional Center

Personally, I think no matter who their handlers were, they obviously brainwashed (forced mental coercion) these people into conducting these acts - be it radical Islamic extremists or just plain old CIA MK Ultra.
edit on thpamSat, 05 Dec 2015 09:07:23 -0600k1512America/Chicago0507 by Sparkymedic because: thoughts changed

edit on thpamSat, 05 Dec 2015 09:11:04 -0600k1512America/Chicago0511 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh, no doubt; it's principal function was a holiday party, but the primary function of the facility has been plastered all over the news.

On a side note; it's my understanding that the 'party' was partly business followed by the holiday event. The attack happened at the break between the two functions.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

What I'm getting at is; now it will be more difficult to cite the (broken) mental health system as a driving factor in mass shootings because they themselves are victims of the same thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I don't understand how the mental health system was a driving factor to blame in this. Yes, the system is broken...but again, I'm not sure I understand how it's all related.

Clearly anyone who commits a mass shooting has some screws loose.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I don't understand how the mental health system was a driving factor to blame in this. Yes, the system is broken...but again, I'm not sure I understand how it's all related.

Agreed, there is no apparent connection between this event and mental health. That's not the point. The point is; with other recent mass-shooting events (i.e. Columbine, Ft. Hood, Sandy Hook, Aurora Theater, and most recently CO Springs) mental health very much has been at the forefront of causation for these incidents.

In those instances the knee jerk reaction is to demonize firearms, but the underlying cause has been mental health. Inevitably there are calls to more carefully scrutinize the mental health system. Now, those same calls will be met with more objection because they too are victims, hence the cause must be elsewhere, right? I don't happen to agree with this logic, but this fits the agenda.

edit on 12/5/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If so, it looks like CNN didn't get Obama's memo.

CNN Insanity: Erin Burnett Wonders If 'Postpartum Psychosis' Led to Slaughter

www.newsbusters.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I just read another thread somewhere where someone posited this exact same thing would show up shortly.

Interesting. Doubtful, but interesting none the less.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing out the real issue. The media has an anti-gun agenda and does it best to spin all violent acts into gun hate speech.

This is also a good change for their us-vs-them against the Muslims, but the sad truth is that the shooters were insane. What seems worse is is most people who knew them, "did not see this coming". People just assume that cause you are quite and kinda keep to yourself that you must be mentally healthy and socially upstanding.

We need a better Mental Health system, stop treating non-violent drug users as criminals and instead help get them treatment for their disorder, cops who kill should be relieved of duty and made to see a psychiatrist regardless if proven innocent, and people need to understand the deeper reasons people are turning to radical Islam.

Gun control is already good; we need to fix the minds and souls of these people who hate.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OP, the underlying cause is evil. Not mental health. These people were sane about what they did--that's why it's so scary. They had the ability to ensure the safety of their infant. These people were not mentally ill. Anyway, they attacked a social services center and killed mainly county employees. The woman also pledged loyalty to the terrorists before the attack--that sounds like they're trying to do it for the terrorist caliphate thing they're trying to do. That's not crazy. Evil, yes. Unacceptable, yes. But not necessarily crazy--it just seems crazy to us.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Good vs Evil - Pulling a religious concept into this scenario seems appropriate - seeing as they were religiously brainwashed (we assume, due to being Muslims) to believe what they were doing was right and just.

However, they either had to have a diminished mental capacity to some level to go through with these acts or they were coerced into believing what they were doing was right. Perhaps somewhat like the fighter pilot of a NATO plane killing innocents, but getting right back into the cockpit again to do more damage and writing it all off as collateral damage. Indeed, it was evil what they did. But I don't think "evil" drove them to doing what they did. That's a dangerous over-simplification of the reality in which they believed.

What drove them to doing what they did was really no different than the pilgrims doing what they did to the natives, or the Nazi's in general or any other group of totally sane people basing their beliefs on their historically laid out dogmas and perceived rights of passage which they believe to be their destinies or self preservation's.

Good and Evil is too simple an explanation. And ultimately it does a poor job conveying that the world is quite simply complex. Seeing as humans are nothing more than products of our environments, it isn't surprising that these people, for some reasons or another - felt that what they were doing , was good, just and right.

Unfortunately, with all of this war in the Middle East, there is one side which is religiously motivated and the other which is monetarily motivated. West wants oil, ME wants jihad (especially when being killed for oil)...and from the outside looking in, it just looks like the Crusades all over again.

I expect things to get worse before they get better. If they get better, because truly it boils down to the fact that these "international bankers/ power brokers" are really just about consolidating power and control over the earth and everyone on it. Now THAT is Evil.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wasn't the prime suspect a County Health Inspector?

Isn't it ironic, indeed.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Agreed, there is no apparent connection between this event and mental health. That's not the point. The point is; with other recent mass-shooting events (i.e. Columbine, Ft. Hood, Sandy Hook, Aurora Theater, and most recently CO Springs) mental health very much has been at the forefront of causation for these incidents.

In those instances the knee jerk reaction is to demonize firearms, but the underlying cause has been mental health. Inevitably there are calls to more carefully scrutinize the mental health system. Now, those same calls will be met with more objection because they too are victims, hence the cause must be elsewhere, right? I don't happen to agree with this logic, but this fits the agenda.

Ya, fair enough. It isn't that outlandish to think that whatever agenda is going to be run with this event, it could take on the subjects of mental health and gun ownership - which doesn't sound like a bad agenda to take on, personally. If you have mental health issues, by no means should you be allowed to carry and operate a firearm.

That said, this is where the gun debate can really fall apart. Sure, people should be allowed to protect themselves, but at what cost to others? That's a very serious question. And what exactly does mental health issues look like? I have seen mental health issues which are VERY obvious...and some which are hardly detectable, yet just as dangerous.

Indeed the mental health care system a) needs to be revamped - worldwide and b) it needs more resources, and now!

We cannot blame this event on a gun. The gun only did what it was designed to do. The person pulling the trigger at selected targets is definitely the first place to start looking at a greater cause and problem.

When we ask the right questions, we will get the right answers.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mandelaeffect

Yes, he was an environmental health inspector for the county.

And yes, it is ironic that someone who is tasked with making sure things are clean and healthy did a very unclean and unhealthy act.

I'm positive he did not see it in that light. Allah Akbar and all that other junk...

That said, maybe its a clue to being brainwashed. Question is...who brainwashed him and his wife? last I heard she became radicalized in Saudi Arabia...hmmm...there they are again. Why on earth are our western governments aligned with Saudi Arabia?

Quincy Agreement

It is presumed that it was there and then that the US and SA made a deal for the US to buy all of their oil, supply, equip and train their military while defending them with the American military and above all, leaving Wahhabism alone. The most extreme sect of Sunni Islam.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What a poor and sad thing this is, it is happening all around the world Godbless the victims but what got me is the dead man and women had a baby to and they had no thaught for him/her either so sad.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Yes, he was an environmental health inspector for the county.

And yes, it is ironic that someone who is tasked with making sure things are clean and healthy did a very unclean and unhealthy act.

I'm positive he did not see it in that light. Allah Akbar and all that other junk...

That said, maybe its a clue to being brainwashed. Question is...who brainwashed him and his wife? last I heard she became radicalized in Saudi Arabia...hmmm...there they are again. Why on earth are our western governments aligned with Saudi Arabia?

Quincy Agreement

It is presumed that it was there and then that the US and SA made a deal for the US to buy all of their oil, supply, equip and train their military while defending them with the American military and above all, leaving Wahhabism alone. The most extreme sect of Sunni Islam.

Because there's zero footage of him doing anything even remotely what the storyline paints, I'm more concerned about brainwashing with the family member's act. The brother in law just seems frozen with DEAD eyes, not a year. And the wife's sister is likewise reading a crappy script with no real emotion, not a tear; 'I am truly saddened.. It is A SAD DAY FOR US ALL' is all she has to tell America?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Not just America the whole western world this is war they need to be stopped if it was up to me all our country's allies should invade and wipe these ************* out.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17

Not just America the whole western world this is war they need to be stopped if it was up to me all our country's allies should invade and wipe these ************* out.

Really? But to what end? And how exactly do you differentiate the terrorists from the innocents? Bombing a group of people into oblivion isn't going to stop this issue of religious backed terrorism.

Perhaps holding our governments accountable for creating this crap in the first place would be a good place to start. Why are we aligned with Saudis and other Gulf states which are known to sponsor this activity? Personally, I think much could change if people stopped being fearful (a fire fanned by politicians) and start taking responsibility for what they think and do. Then we might be able to truly hold people accountable for their illegal and mischievous deeds against mankind.

Don't get led astray by the lef/right paradigm either. It is an illusion, much like the cultures of the world which people use to identity themselves with. Tribalism really. And it preys on fear.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
Thanks for pointing out the real issue. The media has an anti-gun agenda and does it best to spin all violent acts into gun hate speech.

This is also a good change for their us-vs-them against the Muslims, but the sad truth is that the shooters were insane. What seems worse is is most people who knew them, "did not see this coming". People just assume that cause you are quite and kinda keep to yourself that you must be mentally healthy and socially upstanding.

We need a better Mental Health system, stop treating non-violent drug users as criminals and instead help get them treatment for their disorder, cops who kill should be relieved of duty and made to see a psychiatrist regardless if proven innocent, and people need to understand the deeper reasons people are turning to radical Islam.

Gun control is already good; we need to fix the minds and souls of these people who hate.

While that's all nice, most of the shooters have been getting mental health treatment. That speaks to the problem, people who are getting care aren't being stopped which means our treatment methods are largely ineffective. I find it interesting that so many of these shooters have either appeared to be stable or gotten care. It's only a handful that were crazy and not getting care at that time or in the past.

top topics

join