It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ghost ship' mystery grips Japan as rickety boats with corpses, skeletons continue to wash ashore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

At least 14 weathered vessels — some badly damaged or capsized — with almost two dozen bodies have been discovered since October.

Mounting evidence suggests that the rickety boats have come from isolated and impoverished North Korea.

Some internet users in Japan speculate the dead could have been defectors looking for escape from the intolerant regime of Kim Jong-un, but experts say they were likely fishermen on an ill-fated, but government-mandated, search for bigger catches.

"Out of three bodies that our divers found on November 23, one had its head, but the two others were headless," Coast Guard official Shuichi Hashizume said, of a vessel discovered in the Sea of Japan (East Sea) last month.

'Ghost ship' mystery grips Japan as rickety boats with corpses, skeletons continue to wash ashore

Someone pointed me to this story today and i was surprised i had not heard of it until now. It seems this has happened 250 times in the last year alone.

There are theories why its happening, some people are saying its people fleeing the country while others are saying its fishermen that have run out of fuel but no one knows for sure, pretty spooky really.

edit on 5-12-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to flaunt their evil deeds in this way. Any rational person would want to conceal it.

edit on 12/5/2015 by angeldoll because: changed an adjective

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Already posted. I think they tried to flee north Korea and got lost at sea. Then they all ate each other.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Already posted. I think they tried to flee north Korea and got lost at sea. Then they all ate each other.

It sure doesn't look that way. They ran out of fuel so they beheaded each other? For what? Eating the head? Any idiot knows not to eat a human brain.
edit on 12/5/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No. That's why the heads are separated. Inedible.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

not ANY idiot. Most people are unaware of prions, especially anyone desperate enough to commit cannibalism. But I dont believe that is what we have here. What if this is in some way related to the Tsunami of 2006??? Or even the Japanese Tsunami of 2011?? Could be some of the boats and people that washed out to sea and are finding their way back through tides and currents??

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

not ANY idiot. Most people are unaware of prions, especially anyone desperate enough to commit cannibalism. But I dont believe that is what we have here. What if this is in some way related to the Tsunami of 2006??? Or even the Japanese Tsunami of 2011?? Could be some of the boats and people that washed out to sea and are finding their way back through tides and currents??

Sorry, the puzzle pieces don't fit. We have an insane brutal dictator who allows his people to worship him as a deity. He likes to kill people, even his own relatives. He blusters and loves to show off. He seems to think murder is cool.

Those are the puzzle pieces.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I must not be too clever, because I didn't know that. Guess it's something I should know, should I ever find myself eating somebody.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Spooky Man,It makes you think how many other ghost ships are a drift in the vast ocean..

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
How would they catch fish?Without hooks or fishing line, they couldn't go fishing. If they were eating each other, the first thing to do would be to kill someone, cut of their head, throw it in another boat. Then eating the meaty bits like arms and legs become slightly less unpleasant. But if they were starting to starve, there wouldn't be much objection.

Maybe they got angry with the people that led them out into the middle of the ocean?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Fishermen doesn't seem plausible... assuming North Korea has some sort of communication device. Maybe pirates? Interesting story

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Japanese people washed off the face of the earth on the east coast would be coming back to shore from the opposite direction in North Korean boats (with Hangul writing. Hangul = Korean)....why? Doesn't make sense. Prisoner fishermen making an ill-fated run for it makes more sense.
edit on 12/5/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I gotta know, why can't people eat a human brain? I would Google it, but I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't know

edit on 5-12-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

A brain eating disease called Kuru, apparently

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
Thank you! It just seems like, if you made the decision to eat someone, you would want to utilize everything before starting on the next guy

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Not likely. That was 9 years ago.

Eta: The boats are clearly North Korean.
edit on 5-12-2015 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
this sounds like a case for agents scully and mulder!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
a reply to: SlowNail
Thank you! It just seems like, if you made the decision to eat someone, you would want to utilize everything before starting on the next guy

Anything concerning the SPINE and BRAIN are trash meat. Unless you WANT to lose you r mind after eating someones brain or backbone. Pay attention to how its done. Y a never know when that hot chick down th e street might be good for a spit roast. Kim K's butt would make a killer rump roast. lol! Grade A prime.
Cannibalism isnt illegal though,just killing someone to do it IS. If they die of natural causes before its fair game. And who knows. maybe somewhere in hollywood there is a exclusive club for just such a meal? Using aged meat from the local morgue/butcher shop. ALl legally aquired though.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
this sounds like a case for agents scully and mulder!

Its a fringe event.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Apparently some crazy things happen out sea.

This was supposed to be footage from a cellphone that was found in the back of taxi that someone lost.
Warning. It shows a video of a small ship and 4 people in distress in the middle of the ocean while filmed from a Big Fishing vessel going by. Instead of helping the people in distress , they shoot at them with guns and appear to kill them and then do selfies .

Screwed up world we live in. Very sad if true.
edit on 311231America/ChicagoSat, 05 Dec 2015 11:31:28 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join