It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People just need to stop!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Making money.

That is, making money when you have done it enough to not have to worry about it anymore. Why don't people just stop then? I've never understood this mindset, I grasp it (the control aspect), but I don't get it. Are people really that much of an ass that as we come into an automated civilization, the need for human work will become less and less, but the stubborn ones stick their noses up and say "I did it so you have to too!". BULL#!!!

Everything is built and in place, and claimed. How do we as humans go forward? What is their to build? Why do we let dying dictators decide what our lives will be?

There will be new discoveries and breakthroughs that will once again amaze us, but the thing is you will ONLY be a cog in the future. You will NEVER be the engine, because the engine is there.

Just remember rich people, every dollar you make out of non-necessity takes a dollar out of a human being's pocket, and may force them into a situation where they either steal or starve.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

They can never stop. Money is their God. It is the only thing that motivates them. It is well weird. You have to be like this generally to be rich. Rich people don't spend theirs. They just keep amassing it. One day they die with # loads of wonga and it goes to someone else to enjoy. They never seem to enjoy their money. Only the ridiculously rich multi billionaires have fun. They have harems and crash Porsches like stock cars. They end up having insane S&M style relationships with their male servants, etc.

They equate money with status and power. They think they are better than others because they have more cash. Hmmm, I think they are monotone, imaginationless, hollow people. I have not met too many imaginative rich folks. The most imaginative people I know are artists who die penniless. They are my favourite.

Oh to be rich. No thanks. If you spend money you will never amass it. H O A R D E R S

Enter this search term into google if you don't believe me:

"crashing the porsche daddy bought me"

edit on 5-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Just remember rich people, every dollar you make out of non-necessity takes a dollar out of a human being's pocket, and may force them into a situation where they either steal or starve.

Or maybe many rich people keep many non rich people employed and actually put their dollars in poorer pockets. By your logic, many jobs would be lost for those not so well off who NEED the rich people frittering their money around.

Think bigger.

Perhaps rather than finger pointing and ridiculing, we should be educating the rich to use their money more wisely.
edit on 5/12/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I'm glad you think that people eat dollars, well poor people at least. Must be nice in your position, these rich #s pay you to apologize for them.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

AND YOU MISSED MY WHOLE GODDAM POINT!

Once you're rich, why continue? Just #ing live then ffs. STOP KEEPING OTHERS DOWN

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Greed has no bounds. Rich people don't call it that though, they call it thrift, miserly, saving.
Its good to be ever increasing in wealth, growing in financial status, amassing a great fortune, these are lofty goals.

The goal that can never be reached. How often do you hear a rich person say they are rich enough?

If they were to stop earning it would be stagnation, a loss, not earning was much as they were yesterday is losing money.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It is much more fun to watch athletes or actors lose all their money because they still act like their poor.

Now that's a dose of reality for you.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
It is much more fun to watch athletes or actors lose all their money because they still act like their poor.

Now that's a dose of reality for you.

It's actually a pit creator, in my gut. Athlete Asshole, they both start with A

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
From my observation people attain friends and status according to their wealth, so they fear losing those things so they continue to amass money to stay on the same spot or, if they are aspirational, to rise up the ladder. Causing them to need more wealth to stay on the next spot.

Once people have attained the desirable station in life they don't want to go back down the ladder. It may seem that a rich person could be more comfortable on the next rung down, after all, they'd still be higher up than a poor person, but it would still be a drop in living standards to them.

We all seem rich to the person below us and maybe those poorer than ourselves don't understand why we work so hard to maintain our lifestyles.

Having said that:

I've never heard people moaning about their poverty more than rich people do. In front of 'lesser' mortals too, with absolutely no idea how much of a slap in the face it is to hear to hear someone so much richer than oneself banging on about how they have no money.

Of course, it's a ploy. Rich people know better than to let on if they have actual money and not just assets. They don't want us oicks asking for higher wages or their friends asking for a loan.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What's rich exactly?
An actor might get 20 million for a movie.
Does he work for free after that?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So, what do you call someone who has plenty of money, but doesn't live the "high life"? Just a plain house, drives a regular truck and doesn't have the swimming pools, hot tubs and fancy cars? They still have all that money, still making more through investments, they just live like a Regular Joe, to pass the money on and allow their kids to go to college, without ending up eyeball deep in debt.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Making money.

That is, making money when you have done it enough to not have to worry about it anymore. Why don't people just stop then? I've never understood this mindset, I grasp it (the control aspect), but I don't get it. Are people really that much of an ass that as we come into an automated civilization, the need for human work will become less and less, but the stubborn ones stick their noses up and say "I did it so you have to too!". BULL#!!!

Everything is built and in place, and claimed. How do we as humans go forward? What is their to build? Why do we let dying dictators decide what our lives will be?

There will be new discoveries and breakthroughs that will once again amaze us, but the thing is you will ONLY be a cog in the future. You will NEVER be the engine, because the engine is there.

At that level of wealth accumulation the object is POWER and PRESTIGE (where you are on THE LIST) and it is counterproductive for everyone. The theory behind the progress tax system is to discourage hoarding money over that point and putting that excess to GOOD use.

new topics

top topics

join