It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE unusual activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm normally not the guy who alarm people, but i'm a daily user of RSOE Emergency site.

And it just seem very unusual as to normal daily and yearly in both quakes and volcanic activity.

It's lighting up like a Christmas tree, in peculiar places.

The unusual is the string of volcano eruption in central America, and the lack of smaller quakes on the US west coast.

The volcanic activity is somehow random and could be nothing, but in combination with the missing smaller quakes on the US west coast which normally look the same as in Alaska and central Europe with a bunch of constantly small quakes, and the cluster around Cuba, it just seems weird to me that the small quakes are almost completely gone, from the West coast in a matter of days.

In the 5 years of watching RSOE i have never seen the US west coast go silent like that, really weird.

Another thing is the string of smaller quakes crossing Turkey, this is not unusual as it has happened before, the unusual is the time as these strings normally happens over spring time to summer, not in December.

Just overall the map looks weird at the moment.

Could be nothing, but stay safe.
edit on 5-12-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I would advise to not depend 'only' to RSOE-EDIS and use others next to it like www.ubalert.com... and www.pdc.org... and www.globalincidentmap.com... and www.gdacs.org... and personally I like shockable.nl... to stay updated with help of social networks and the massive amount of links at the top.

I've seen RSOE-EDIS presenting old alerts as new many times and in my opinion, they're not that reliable as they should.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shockable

I don't "only" depend of RSOE, it's just a good overview map and site of current or updated global incident's.

Especially their showing of small or very minor tremor is nice.

The reason for old alerts to show up as new is because of updates to the old alerts, which isn't a bad thing.

For example Fukushima often show up, if there is an update to the incident, but it looks like they are reporting the old quake or meltdown as new until you actually click the updates.

Two of the links you posted are not in my library, so thanks for that

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Looks pretty normal. Been visiting RSOE since about 2005 . Star and Flag for another poster that visits there.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Strangely, I was thinking exactly the same thing about the lull in activity just yesterday. I even checked a couple of sites to see if I could find historical EQ data to compare.

However, I do know that there are "swarm" events which occur from time to time, and there are periods of natural inactivity and heightened activity where nothing untoward happens at the end of it too.

Still, it would be interesting to see the historical data from available records and see just how dramatic this lull really is.

My logical mind tells me it's probably nothing at all and common to see periods like this, but without that data to compare I have to admit there is a part of me wondering whether this is an indication that pressure is building up.

Ultimately it changes nothing though. People should be prepared for the "big one" already. There's been plenty of warnings about this for years. If I lived in Cali I would pretty much be like Sheldon Cooper and have drills every month with bugout bags at the ready.

I do know that if I lived in Cali right now I would be paying close attention to what's happening and probably spending more than 20 minutes looking for that data.

It's not a matter of if it will happen, but when. There's only so much you can do for people.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yes, it is relatively normal to have these up's and downs, they even seem to follow a season.

I used to take screen shots of RSOE to document these "seasons", though that was on my old laptop which is no more, i never picked it up on the new one.

I'm just a little puzzled about the minor quakes on the west coast going silent ( showing on RSOE that is ), i haven't seen that before.

I agree that being prepared for "the big one" is not a bad thing, it is bound to happen one day.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Also this little tidbit from the Momotombo eruption in Nicaragua

A series of at least 4 small explosions occurred at the volcano this morning, at 07:49, 08:17, 08:42, and 08:55 local time. The eruptions, in particular the last and largest one, produced steam and ash plumes that rose up to approx. 1 km from the summit. Light ash fall was observed in the community of El Papalonal and near the Momotombo geothermal plant to the SW of the volcano.This marks the first eruptive activity of the volcano in 110 years , the last confirmed eruption of Momotombo having been back in 1905. Since 1524, the volcano has known 16 recorded eruptions, most of them small, probably phreatic explosions. Larger eruptions occurred in 1605 and 1609, when explosions ejected larger bombs and blocks to considerable distances,- reportedly they fell in the area of the now abandoned town of Leon Viejo approx. 6 km west from the volcano. The volcano has been showing seismic unrest during the past few years already with frequent shallow earthquakes occurring in the area. A team of volcanologists from INETER has arrived to take samples of the ash, gasses and monitor the volcano more closely.

Even though there is a high volcanic activity in the area, it doesn't seem connected.

Armando Saballos from INETER ruled out that the explosion from this morning is likely to have any relationship with the currently increased activity phase of nearby Telica volcano.

new topics

top topics

join