It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I understand why "the bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
For me it began with the JFK assassination.
The immediate reports were that it was a Cuban operation.
Then the denials that the Cubans had anything to do with it.
Then the Warren Comm. came out with the lone wolf declaration.

Then MLK was killed.
More of the same.

Then RFK was killed.
More of the same.

And it has continued until the present. Each time I hear my father, sitting at the table after we heard J. Edgar Hoover saying it was a lone nut, "Don't give me that flaptrap. We've just seen a coup."
At the time and for years afterwards, I could not believe that my father was accurate in his assessment. I read every book I could find on the subject for years. I finally had to admit that he was correct.

Things have continued along those same lines until today.

My blame lies on the education system that began, nearly 30 years ago to train children rather than to teach them.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

OH MY GOD YOU SAID IT I LOVE YOU. I just finished 1984 not too long ago and these principles are the foundation of the society described in that book.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Winston Churchill said that: "The Truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it"

Apparently he and the Native Americans figured things out.

Why those on the biggest conspiracy site on earth can't is one of the biggest mysteries I have ever come across...

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear." ~ Herbert Agar

• People who are pretending to be asleep will resist being awakened because they have something to lose by ending the charade.

• People who pretend to be asleep can often lose track of what is real and what is pretend and thus cannot respond normally to situations.

• People will act as if nothing is happening when they don’t want to face the reality of the situation by pretending to be unaware or unsure despite being presented with the evidence.

You Can’t Wake A Person Who Is Pretending To Be Asleep

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I like you way of thinking and I completely agree....... Its a crying shame those who are asleep at the wheel refuse to wake up....S&F

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You described Hilter's turning of Germany right there.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Gobbels said pretty much the same thing.

Only shorter.

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The greatest lie ever told and maintained by propaganda mainstream media is 911.

The fact is, the bigger the lie is and told long enough will be believed. This is why I turned off mainstream media over 12 years ago.

I turned to the internet for truth and still have to weed out propaganda to get to the bottom of a story.

Remember, your information is only as good as it's sources are.
edit on 5-12-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Is not conspiracy on this one, my friend, the only cover up is the biggest blunder that the government did allowing two terrorist going on a killing spree after they were been under surveillance.

Nobody is out there to get you, for the way you think.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Keep with this train of thought, you are definitely on the right track because that is exactly how it is. I admit I have not been careful with the sensitivity of people with regards to telling the truth and how things will go about. But perhaps because I am still sensitive myself to it and have yet to fully cope with what I know to be true.

The truth, the way I see it, is a heavy burden and one that causes extreme suffering especially when you feel alone in a world you know is going the wrong way. We are what many would call the black sheep of the herd, warning people of the cliff ahead. We become great detectives and develop our keen perception and pay extra attention even to the smallest of details. It is no different than applying the scientific method the way science do.

Many of you may not be aware of this, but if you made it here to ATS, while questioning your surroundings, feel good about yourself, because in a Just world, you all would have made great:

1. Detectives
2. Scientists
3. Humanitarians
4. Psychologists
5. Judges
6. Leaders (in general)

I say this, mostly since at the time it is hard to make peace with the situation that surrounds us, but we can at least make peace with ourselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Winston Churchill said that: "The Truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it"

Apparently he and the Native Americans figured things out.

Why those on the biggest conspiracy site on earth can't is one of the biggest mysteries I have ever come across...

Some great quotes in your reply, but that Churchill one takes the cake.

It's certain that there vast majority do not want too see.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is not conspiracy on this one, my friend, the only cover up is the biggest blunder that the government did allowing two terrorist going on a killing spree after they were been under surveillance.

Nobody is out there to get you, for the way you think.

What? You find contort in that?

The one thought scarier than the possibility of a conspiratorial plot is that our elected officials and law enforcement are just that stupid and incompetent.

But, then, i could believe that.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

As an academic psychologist I can tell you that you are spot on. We have an innate bias to think that our world is positive and that our social constructs (governments/ culture etc.) are working positively/ for the greater good. This leads to cognitive dissonance and perception biases that confirm our (optimistic/ delusional) belief that these institutions are indeed good. It's all based in cognitive dissonance, biases, and fallacies.

Consequently, this leads to quite a bit of psychological discomfort if we were to think that our governments etc. were not working towards the greater good. Therefore we tend to ignore (or even actively oppose) information that discredits our in groups/ worldviews etc.

Also Us vs. Them (In group (culture/ society) vs. Out group) dynamics. Our in group is good/ positive/ correct and the out group is bad/ evil/ corrupt - despite evidence to the contrary.

You may want to look into phenomenon such as Just World Belief, System Justification, In-group out-group dynamics, worldviews. I think you'd find the literature in those areas very informative/ confirming of your opinions.
edit on 6-12-2015 by RedEyes619 because: To add additional relevant information.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RedEyes619

Thanks, RedEyes. I'll look into those. Appreciate the feedback.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Ummm...ahhh...Goebbel warming...
Such a nice ring to it...don't you think...?
And so very apropo...

YouSir
edit on 6-12-2015 by YouSir because: of an innate need...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Well said!

It takes a lot of time and research to really start to understand what is going on. The most logical, reasonable, and intelligent people will struggle to find the truth.

The reason being that the truth was never meant to be found.

Like Mark Twain once said, "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Expertly explained, sir. You have hit the nail on the head. This world a game of chess and we must always stay several steps ahead of our opponents:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Some people are prone to psychotic episodes in reaction to the institutionalized falsehoods they want to believe so badly.

Like depression, you don't need a pill to get past it, if one waits it will pass.

When the confusion about safety and security passes, once one realizes the blatant lies spewed by the media, the courts and the governments of the world, one realizes there is are no completely safe and secure places to hide from the world.

After the cognitive dissonance contortions and mental self manipulations cease and people realize the truth that there is no real safety and security in this world and learn to accept this they can actually find their own space in their mind and in this world to live out their lives until they die.

Nothing means anything, nobody and no thing is coming to save you.

Revel in it.

That's life.

C'est la vie.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Great summary S&F for you.

Going a step further, I think there are a couple of additional concepts which play into the success of your theory; apathy and denial.

The worlds problems have become too complex, too overwhelming and too great to solve. The matrix of cause and effect is now beyond human understanding. World economics has become a house of cards which no one dares try to deconstruct yet its fall is all but imminent. In the same breath these facts are not lost on much of the thinking portion of society. As a result you have 'apathy'. Apathy opens the door for leaders to say more and more outlandish things as well as play out more and more outrageous mind games. Intelligent people's senses have become overwhelmed, desensitized, and so they just tune out, they just change the channel so to speak. With all these channels surely Dancing with the Stars must be on somewhere!

Secondly, for those who are willing to delve a little deeper into the realities of the world around them they quickly find the simplest answer to the problems at every turn is intentional deception for the sake of personal gain. This leads people into believing there must be some grand end-game, some New World Order, an illuminati or countless other named villains. This type of thinking is usually laughed off by the mainstream as 'crazy talk'. In order to avoid being socially ostracized, and in the void of any other reasonable / rational explanation, these same people deny the obvious conclusions. Going forward with their lives they live in this 'denial' and are 'apathetic' about doing anything further about it.

edit on 12/6/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would add to your interpretation of this dynamic by suggesting that the straining to believe as you describe it (which I agree is what people tend to do,) manifests itself as memes, fads, and popular movements. People often wonder, when looking from afar at American politics, why it tends to look something like a professional wrestling audience responding to a worker cutting effective promos and using psychology (to use wrestling parlance.)

I would say the reason for this is because the tumult, the spectacle, the fists raised in the air waving flags, the chants, the pomp and circumstance, etc. of our political events and performances (and they are performances in many respects,) is how that "straining" manifests. Overcoming cognitive dissonance takes a lot of energy and that tension has to have an outlet. And I suspect that's the form it takes, whether people realize that's what they're doing or not necessarily.

It's a bit like deciding to have a party to deal with a bad break up. Sure you should be heartbroken and confronting difficult to cope with emotions right now probably, but dammit... if you can totally contrive something more pleasant and endorphin generating out of thin air, maybe you'll feel better. So you do. And you do. And you forget. And years later you've convinced yourself you never loved that person anyway, and now you love parties and cocktails because you associate them with feeling better.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join