It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Uses Water Analogy To Explain The Issue People Have With Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The tap water/ shower water in my apartments has a funky smell to it, probably sulfur. I like clean water. It's 2015, supposedly.

When someone says "# cops", i'm always the one to think, "but there are good cops too." I don't know if it was the way the guy explained his way of thinking but it opened my mind a little bit more. And the judicial system is just a part of all the things that can be tweaked/ fixed.

I'd like to hear you guys' thoughts.
edit on 4122015 by southernplayalistic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

If your water is bad, it's probably the filter. But sometimes it's the water. The safest bet is to stop drinking it if it tastes funny. You don't have to digest what is fed to you.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I know a cop who is a wonderful father, decent husband, and has no superiority complex...until he puts on his shield. He turns into a total a-hole who would take a life with a high five.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

NYC supposedly has the best water around.
I have no issues.

Sometimes I'll overdo it and buy some Fiji water, but only on the weekends.

As for the cops, I'm thankful for them, I appreciate having them around - they keep my neighborhood safe from certain elements that would rather make excuses than admit personal issues.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
even lawyers and judges will tell you, we don`t have a justice system in this country we have a legal system,you are judged on legalities not on what is just or right.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If there is one bad apple, or two, or ten, and they are not being held accountable, or even being protected by those around them, then as far as I'm concerned, they are all culpable.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

"But there are good cops too."...?

No, it's about 99% of cops that are good.

If it was, "There are some bad cops too.".... It would be a more accurate presentation.

The entire premise of this thread and this video is wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I don't know where the heck you're from...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

My Father in-law was a cop., that means my husband grew up around them. He has a thousand corrupt cop stories that he witnessed personally, including things his father did. good cops are far and few between.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The idiocy of his analogy is that he leaves out cops are human. There are always people in positions of authority and trust who will violate their duty. Churches. Military. Politicians. Teachers. Doctors. and Yes... Police.

The reality is that vast majority are good. When a bad one if found, we have to deal wit them appropriately but we can't operate under the assumption that all are bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

First I want to say that I always appreciate first-hand stories. Often "polls" don't do the truth justice.

That being said, you're basically telling me that your father-in-law was a corrupt cop and based on his actions and interactions, you are indicating that MOST cops are corrupt? Is it possible that your father-in-law just hung around others of his kind?

Based on what an admittedly corrupt cop says, we are supposed to extrapolate that "good cops are far and few between?"

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

So I have a firsthand story, one of many.
One late night, not so long ago, I was walking along a public sidewalk. Now keep in mind, there is no curfew here and this is not Nazi Germany. It’s Canada. Three officers came along and demanded that I identify myself. I quoted the part of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms which states that unless I am under arrest, demanding ID is considered unreasonable search and seizure. This angered one of the cops and he charged me with obstructing a police officer. The other two officers stood by him. I wasn’t worried, obviously I had these jokers by the legal balls and since I was doing a wildlife study at the time, my equipment was recording the whole thing. At the station surprisingly, the watch commander also carried on with the false charge and also demanded my identification. When I asked to contact a lawyer he pointed at a phone on the wall that was of course, far out of my reach. Another cop, responsible for processing my belongings noticed all of the wizzy survival gear etc. that I always carry with me while doing surveys and, not surprisingly, some of my trinkets went missing. He did comment later though how he’d never seen such an impressive survival kit, which was nice of him. Those same officers, or perhaps others which I did not deal with tried to format my recorder when they realized it had recorded the arrest. In Canada that falls under tampering with evidence and digital mischief, both criminal code offenses. At any rate, all is well that ends well and I got to make them look like complete monkeys in front everyone in the courtroom.

So my math quiz question is... If five out of the five cops I dealt with that night were corrupt, what percentage does that equal??

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You want the truth??? Look up an ex cop from Baltimore PD named Micheal Wood and listen to what he says about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The idiocy of his analogy is that he leaves out cops are human. There are always people in positions of authority and trust who will violate their duty. Churches. Military. Politicians. Teachers. Doctors. and Yes... Police.

The reality is that vast majority are good. When a bad one if found, we have to deal wit them appropriately but we can't operate under the assumption that all are bad.

If the majority of them were good then there wouldn't be so many bad ones doing what they're doing. A good cop doesn't just sit by letting bad cops do as they please.

Even you admit there are always people in power that violate their duty simply because they are people. Well, then I'd say it's probably good advise to assume they might be a bad cop until proven otherwise. It makes as much sense as to assume they are a good cop since you don't know until you're facing one face to face.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The water system that is responisible for the most black murders is currently thick sludge but for some reason it is being ignored.

Prioritze.
edit on 4-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The water system that is responisible for the most black murders is currently thick sludge but for some reason it is being ignored.

Prioritze.

Yes we all know blacks kill blacks the most. But whites are killed by other whites the most too so how is it any different???

The real problem isn't who is killing the most of who. The problem is cops abusing their power and getting away with it. Regardless of color.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Well I guess when the stories extend to multiple departments across the state and even outside. We aren't talking just one person involved in most of the stories.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think cops should be around. Most people are not equipped to deal with some bad elements.

I really think the problem is greedy lawmakers and a justice system used as an extortion/profit machine.

Paying some stiff 150k to make up new an unneeded laws for profit under guise of safety an justice.

I would NEVER be a cop now because there are too many bad laws, such as mj opinion of use or possession(gasp) laws.

The tax payer backed pensions etc, etc.

You can't be a cop and pick and choose what to enforce. It is the reason they limit IQ levels for officers. Make sure there are stupid people taking orders that won't say "hey, what is this?
It just doesn't sound right."

Lose the morality laws, lose the pensions, lose the IQ restriction, pay higher salaries and train more, then equip with cameras not military equip, so they can play commando like a bunch of 15 yr olds.

Oh yeah..train them not to kill dogs when they disrespectfully ignore their authority.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: edited

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think the bulls*** in America is piling up so fast you have to have wings to stay above it.

Go live with dude in his hood and you'll get the bad plumbing thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Sadly the large majority here is clueless to the truth.

The reality is more like this, about 5% of cops care, about 5% of cops are corrupt, the other 90% are just there for a guaranteed government check and retirement.

My source? my best friend cop (he's in the 90%).

My point? Cops give a # about as much as we do, but they are protected.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join