It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to navigate the site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Being new to the community here, i am hoping you can offer me some brief tips in navigation. I understand the forums area where I can find various threads, but I am curious about all of the other headings I see and what all I can do here! Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicWanderer

Hey there, nice to meet you

Down in my signature at the bottom, is a link for "Help with ATS" that has instructional tips
Just click on that

Plus if you just start clicking on the various icons, that is one of the best ways to learn
Don't think you have to worry about blowing a fuse and causing a blackout....

But if there is anything in particular you need help with, just ask

snarky

edit on 4-12-2015 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

For instance, i know there is a minimum of 20 responses before I can post a new thread in a forum other than introductions, but how would I go about getting all of those 20 other than just randomly replying to comments?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

By replying to peep who have come to this thread? You'll be amazed how fast the number of posts increases

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Welcome CosmicWanderer. I think thats the only way, but I could be wrong.

Hey Snarky, do you know why some peoples posts don't have a star on it, like to click to give someone a star? Yours doesn't for example. I went to star someone today and there wasnt one

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

What do the stars mean? are they equivalent to "likes" on facebook?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Yes, its the same thing. At the top left hand corner of any post before it tells you the date of the post, there should be a non solid star. You click on it and it becomes solid, and green. That means you like their post.

edit to add: now my star isnt there! don't look at my post as an example!
edit on Saturday43fAmerica/Chicago2015-12-05T00:43:28-06:00433143338America/Chicago by lifecitizen because: to add something

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I find the best way of following and taking part in current conversations is to hang around on the "recent posts" page, found by clicking on "Recent" in the top line.
That way you are in touch with current activity in all the forums at the same time.
If you click on the "Off-topic" button you find there, you will open up a similar "recent posts" page relating to non-conspiracy topics. Clicking on "Conspiracy" will take you back to the first page.

edit on 5-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I just came back to say that Disraeli- hit 'recent posts' up the top to see whats going on in all the forums CosmicW

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think you are trying to say that DISRAELI's great wisdom has proved right once again? Don't worry, I know what you mean.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

thanks guys! this helps a lot im gonna poke around and see what I find

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Greetings CosmicWanderer,

It seems that we still have a lot to learn in shedding our old selves to understand the new. I also noticed the many different forums. This has intrigued me, yet others I shy away from because of responses I may receive from others. From what I understand, if we follow the terms and conditions we shall enjoy our stay here at ATS.

Nice meeting you,

Igzbe

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Hey Snarky, do you know why some peoples posts don't have a star on it, like to click to give someone a star? Yours doesn't for example. I went to star someone today and there wasnt one

It depends on the forum.....most discussion forums yes, have both stars/flags

But ones like the "Introduction" forum and "Board Business & Questions" for example, only allow for flags, no stars
(this thread here appears to be in the into forum....no stars)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Igzbe

Greetings CosmicWanderer,

It seems that we still have a lot to learn in shedding our old selves to understand the new. I also noticed the many different forums. This has intrigued me, yet others I shy away from because of responses I may receive from others. From what I understand, if we follow the terms and conditions we shall enjoy our stay here at ATS.

Nice meeting you,

Igzbe

If you ever feel like a discussion is getting way, way heated, do as I do.... just stand on the sidelines. LOL
Many times I enjoy just reading the comments, albeit some will make you feel like saying WTH are you thinking???

Pretty soon, you will figure which topics garner more debates
And which members will enter the foray

Just don't fall for the trolls
They are the ones that try to lure you into a senseless argument

The Mods here are real cool, but they will step in if a topic gets off track or the insults turn personal
Always remember to attack the topic, not the member themselves (even tho it can be hard at times)

Mods will remove off-topic posts or posts that hit below the belt, so to speak if they see the need to

If you feel yourself wanting to lash out, just push away from the keyboard and take a break.
Or go to a different thread and get your mind off of it

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!!

snarky

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I suggest "recents", and then look to see if anything appears interesting.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicWanderer
Being new to the community here, i am hoping you can offer me some brief tips in navigation. I understand the forums area where I can find various threads, but I am curious about all of the other headings I see and what all I can do here! Any tips are greatly appreciated!!

Hello

I only use the "recent" tab so I can't advise on everything but here is one tip that is very useful.

When you click "recent" at the top it brings up all recent posts in every forum. You can remove specific forums from ever showing up on this list if you want. Next to each forum name is a minus sign that you can click (picture below). This will stop that forum from showing up on your "recent" posts list.

If you would like to put one back on the list that you removed, there is a way to do that as well. Click "forums" at the top and it will display all the available forums. If you have removed one from the recent posts list, there will now be a plus sign next to it. You can click that to re-add it to your recent posts list. See picture below.

Hope this helps
edit on 6-12-2015 by OhOkYeah because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2015 by OhOkYeah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

That helps A LOT! Thank you very much!!!

new topics

top topics

join