It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My brother and me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I sat with my brother one winter evening, playing a game of chess. And my brother spoke;" Everyone plays this game now, they didnt in the past " Every piece has its meaning and its purpose, something i learned from a young age. I was gifted at this game, you could even say scholared. My favorite piece was the knight, it could break defenses with its L pattern movement. I mastered the game of knights and pawns, which my brother all the well knew. So he sacrificed a lot, just to take off that advantage. But he always left holes chasing the knights, so other pieces could move. "I never beaten you at this, i always try, i always fail"; He said. I replied;" I dont play this game to win, i play it to outsmart you into making mistakes" He looked at me confused and said;" Well i play to win" And i said;" Thats why you always lose"

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

If you really want to mess with his head (if you're truly that good), give him this advantage prior to beginning the match:
start play with only one knight.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Well the Numbers Are always of significance, if you change the rules, well, I'm pretty sure people will not understand the game. The rules of chess is older than one persons ambition to win.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

well that ended quickly.

Though the games are nothing alike, I hold a similar dominance over a friend of mine... on the golf course. We've been playing for 8 yrs and he's never beaten me. We used to play $1 a hole (straight up, no handicap) until he had to start claiming me on his taxes

These days I give him 14 shots before we tee off @ $1/hole, and I still take money off of him 98% of the time.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Hahahah!! Works with a card deck, but people cheat when you can't see the hand.

top topics

join