It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte billboard shows Santa aiming military-style weapon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

AT least he doesn't have trigger recognition

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2015 by ReadLeader because: dp

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Total non-issue. Guns are extremely popular gifts around the holidays since it coincides with hunting season. Besides Santa is the first line of defense against the Reds artic invasion plans. ;P

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
the perfect song to go along with this ad!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Have you thought for one moment, like someone before me said, that it is a valuable teaching moment where you can explain to your child(ren) that guns aren't toys?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Why, yes, yes they will.

How did we ever become, as a society, so easily offended?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Have you thought for one moment, like someone before me said, that it is a valuable teaching moment where you can explain to your child(ren) that guns aren't toys?

I'm confident I addressed that twice on the first page. If people think it's a non-issue, then so be it. Who am I to argue?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I haven't read through all the comments, so I'm not sure if you have. Two major issues of the world, mostly, actually. Only the West:
1.) PC
2.) Liberalism in Terms of Sexual Orientation.

That's my opinion. Note that I'm not saying the biggest, but they are issues.

edit on 4-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was going to look for some old ads, because I was sure I'd seen Santa with a gun before. Glad I read the thread first.

I seriously think there are people who, with every visual or audible input they receive, ask themselves, "Is this ok? Should I be offended? Or is this benign and fits the category of 'pablum for the masses'"? And if the answer is "I should be offended", they take to social media to see how many people they can get to agree with them. (I'm NOT talking about the OP or this thread. I mean twitter and facebook, etc.)

I don't think this is an issue, especially considering the location.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Red Ryder BB guns come to mind for some reason... Might start there?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The kids won't see it anyway. They'll be too busy looking down at their handheld PS (pick a number) playing Fallout 4 or Assassin's Creed.

Their parents will just have to shoulder all of the offense alone...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just really poor taste. Geez think about children, they should be ashamed of themselves. Sure, I defend my 2nd and exercise it quietly. ..what a bunch of Jack wagons to take a symbol that's evolved into children's (of Christian background granted ) representation of kindness and cheer and fek it up. I'm worried for our world...respect and decency for our fellow humans has been replaced with abject hate and indecency.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Really?

What next? Jesus with an AR? Oh wait...

(Please don't yell at me telling me it's not an AR!)
edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: I didn't mean to include ALL gun people

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Sigh...come on, I've come to think much higher of your opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Santa is for kids. You even said that yourself, if differently. Sorry if I think both Santa and Jesus are taking the gun thing too far.

a reply to: NihilistSanta

Oy!

edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Darned dupes.

edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You are correct, but some of us use our guns to protect our farm animals, put others out of misery when seriously maimed and put 1 or 2 deer from an over population of the aforementioned to feed our family in our freezer. I know you didn't mean to include us all...lord knows I have over spoken often on this site.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I feexed it. You were right.

I loathe this kind of advertising, actually advertising in general. This is taking it too far for me, even if some people love it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You are one of the long standing level headed posters over the years. I just wanted to let you know that even when I disagree with you, I respect your opinion

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

if santa only equals toys to you than the materialistic driven society has done its job. I think this billboard is just a billboard no reason for discussion.

But if you insist on bringing up a non issue, why cant santa have a gun? Why cant he give them as gifts? He is a person after all, and has freewill.

I see this thread as a way to get more stars and flags using the recent reports of gun violence, and not only are you using a hot topic in media you are also using children, its sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join