It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Hostile act:’ Iraqi PM denounces US ground forces deployment on Iraq’s territory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Deploying ground combat forces 'hostile act': Iraq PM

Baghdad (AFP) - Iraq considers any country sending ground combat forces into its territory a "hostile act" and has not requested such a deployment, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said Thursday.
Iraq "will consider any country sending ground combat forces a hostile act and will deal with it on this basis," Abadi said in a statement.

Baghdad "did not request any side... to send ground forces to Iraq," he said.

It is Abadi's strongest statement yet on the issue of ground combat forces, after he previously said that Iraq did not need them.

It was unclear how or if his remarks would impact the planned US deployment, part of efforts to combat IS, which overran large parts of Iraq last year.

Not mentioned in the Western press, but published on RT was the following:

In October, Iraq’s ruling coalition calling on the prime minister to request Russian air support in the fight against IS, criticizing the actions of the US-led coalition in Iraq.

“The largest bloc has sent a request to the prime minister to add further forces to the fight against terrorism and not only to rely on the United States and the international coalition, which has up till now been rather shy in its efforts to destroy [Islamic State] bases in Iraq,” Saad Al-Matlabi, a member of the country’s State of Law Coalition, told RT at that time.

“The public mood is definitely in favor of Russian involvement because it has been over a year and a half now and ISIS has flourished in Iraq under the American airstrikes. One could question the honesty and integrity of the US airstrikes,” the Iraqi politician added, stressing that Russian strikes in Syria “have proved quite efficient in destroying [Islamic State] bases ...”

In earlier statements, Al-Abadi also claimed he would “welcome” Russian air support.

“If we get the offer, we’ll consider it. In actual fact, I would welcome it,” he said in an interview with France-24 TV on October 1, referring to potential Russian air strikes against IS on Iraqi territory.

Al-Abadi also accused the US-led coalition of a lack of support in that interview and also questioned the will of the West to defeat Islamic State.

Well IMO, this minister is delusional if he thinks he has any say in what the White House and Pentagon want to do in Iraq. We may be losing influence politically, but they do not exactly have any means or recourse to stop US other than to protest on deaf ears.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Well IMO, this minister is delusional if he thinks he has any say in what the White House and Pentagon want to do in Iraq. We may be losing influence politically, but they do not exactly have any means or recourse to stop US other than to protest on deaf ears.

You may be right. America has proven time and time again that they do not recognize the sovereignty of other countries, Iraq literally being case and point.

The poor people of Iraq have been and continue to be used as pawns on the chessboard by the globalists puppet masters.

One can only hope that somehow they are able to give the green light to Russia, this way NATO/Saudi/Isreal's secret army (Daesh) will no longer have a safe haven.

Wait, I am supposed to believe the propaganda my bad, Russia is not attacking Daesh they actually buy their oil and murder civilians.
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Baghdad (AFP) - Iraq considers any country sending ground combat forces into its territory a "hostile act" and has not requested such a deployment, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said Thursday.
Iraq "will consider any country sending ground combat forces a hostile act and will deal with it on this basis," Abadi said in a statement.

Baghdad "did not request any side... to send ground forces to Iraq," he said.

It is Abadi's strongest statement yet on the issue of ground combat forces, after he previously said that Iraq did not need them.

It was unclear how or if his remarks would impact the planned US deployment, part of efforts to combat IS, which overran large parts of Iraq last year.

Not mentioned in the Western press, but published on RT was the following:

In October, Iraq’s ruling coalition calling on the prime minister to request Russian air support in the fight against IS, criticizing the actions of the US-led coalition in Iraq.

“The largest bloc has sent a request to the prime minister to add further forces to the fight against terrorism and not only to rely on the United States and the international coalition, which has up till now been rather shy in its efforts to destroy [Islamic State] bases in Iraq,” Saad Al-Matlabi, a member of the country’s State of Law Coalition, told RT at that time.

“The public mood is definitely in favor of Russian involvement because it has been over a year and a half now and ISIS has flourished in Iraq under the American airstrikes. One could question the honesty and integrity of the US airstrikes,” the Iraqi politician added, stressing that Russian strikes in Syria “have proved quite efficient in destroying [Islamic State] bases ...”

In earlier statements, Al-Abadi also claimed he would “welcome” Russian air support.

“If we get the offer, we’ll consider it. In actual fact, I would welcome it,” he said in an interview with France-24 TV on October 1, referring to potential Russian air strikes against IS on Iraqi territory.

Al-Abadi also accused the US-led coalition of a lack of support in that interview and also questioned the will of the West to defeat Islamic State.

It speaks volumes about our real intentions with these air strikes. It would be interesting to do some number crunching. Get some true statistics. Find out what we've really been bombing and where.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Whats even more interesting is that Iraq has asked for Russian help, not American.

Despite the fact the USA 'liberated' the country from Saddam Hussein. That is what speaks volumes - the policy of spreading 'democracy' is a sham a fraud and an outright lie.

I keep saying it; America needs to ally with Russia on this one. Putin actually has the right approach, and the west needs to get over it's stupid Assad must go approach. There is nothing left for him to rule other than rubble and ash now anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I guess Iran is exempt from this.

Hundreds of Iranian soldiers have taken part in a joint operation inside Iraq with Kurdish forces to retake a town held by the Islamic State group, security sources have told Al Jazeera.

"Previously there had been Iranian assistance with security advisers and Iranian backed militias, but this does seem to the the first time soldiers have been involved," Al Jazeera's Jane Arraf reported from Erbil, capital of the autonomous Kurdish region.

www.aljazeera.com...

They may not want US troops there...they are more than happy to take any money the US gives them. I say we let Iran pay for Iraq, and we get up and get on from there.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Iraq has a Shi'a government now. It will be more closely aligned with Iran and Russia.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Can you imagine the irony if an Arabic union formed out of this mess and sided with Russia?
edit on 2431642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

You mean an Islamic Caliphate? The only way these countries create a Arabic Union is through Islam and we all know what happens when someone mentions caliphate massive amounts of minorities die

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's the new Persian Empire.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: sg1642

You mean an Islamic Caliphate? The only way these countries create a Arabic Union is through Islam and we all know what happens when someone mentions caliphate massive amounts of minorities die

Indeed. Couldn't be any worse than what empire, freedom and democracy have done for the place over the years.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How'd that happen? I thought that the majority population of Iraq was Sunni.

I'm pretty sure Daesh is Sunni-oriented, so I guess that's one reason why Iran got involved.

-dex

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
must be a pipeline nearby...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Oh, dear.

Guess they're taking preventive measures to keep they're country immigrant free.

If I were the PM I'd do the same thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Whatever the mechanism was that build the government, it's Shi'a dominated.

One month after Iraq’s prime minister assured American officials here that his Shiite-dominated government was striving to build a multisectarian state, two leading Sunni politicians said Monday that Sunnis were being squeezed out of the country’s political system.

That was this past May.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 5-12-2015 by FlyingFox because: na

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is the result of ISIS being outed as a western construct to divide and dominate the ME.
Makes one wonder about the decade with Al-Qaeda was all about.
Sam chit different pile.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: ketsuko

How'd that happen? I thought that the majority population of Iraq was Sunni.

I'm pretty sure Daesh is Sunni-oriented, so I guess that's one reason why Iran got involved.

-dex

What I've been thinking is that Gulf War 2 was supposed to secure an IS for the Sunnis, and eventually an Iran-Iraq War 2.

-but-

Bush befriended Malaki the Shia, which worked well until Obama came in, then the Baghdad govt rejected USA. Obama subsequently secures a nuclear deal with Iran, which is odd (if done in good faith).

In comes Daesh, and the elements of MB, ISIL, SA, Sunni Awakening et al now have the IS. Right now, they are primarily waging a ground war against Iran's Revolutionary Guard 24/7 in Syria. imo, US has less than total control as SA goes rogue, "allowing" IS to commit genocide.

This is where the proxy war come in: Western Alliance plus Sunni Gulf States and Turkey vs Eastern Alliance plus Shia Iran. Aside from internal Syrian politics, this puts Russia in direct opposition against US & Western powers.

Radical Islamic theologists may simply wish to suck the Christian powers into conflict against "Islam", in theory turning the remaining Islamic population to react against Christian-Western powers. This is a tall order for a bunch of dudes running amok and harming innocent people.

I would guess ISIS isn't going anywhere. They may eventually trade away the policy of executing external attacks of terror for establishing IS statehood. This seems to suit all parties, at this point....a negotiated end is always possible.

The only party I clearly see as favored by USA is Kurds. Everybody will be forced to accept a Greater Kurdistan. IS gets the desert wasteland of eastern Syria, Iran gets Baghdad as their declared capital of the Shia Caliphate...no wait, that already happened a year ago.

edit on 5-12-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

what they gonna do?
throw down their guns and run?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Obama is to blame for the turning of their backs on the American Military!! American Armed Forces are still the best in the world and have far greater weapons than you and i can even imagine!! The problem is Obama pulled out of the region way too rapidly leaving a very fragile new govt. in place! A govt that Americans fought and died for...Then he tied the hands of the remaining troops by his ridiculous rules of engagement, he has made it impossible to win on behalf f the Iraqi people!
He has cost American lives by choosing to go on vacation instead of giving the go ahead to Special Forces in the attempt to rescue American hostages, including James Foley! Then he blamed the OPS for failing!! He undermines and makes the military appear weak every opportunity he gets!!

Our President is no leader and does not stand by our military or the American people. He will leave our military there in hopes of them being desecrated! Is he an ISIS sympathizer and a traitor? I have had enough of him and his 2 bit road to Hell! To hell with the Middle East!! We need to focus on this country and our own children and grand children!!

Hey! Barrack! Global Warming is not the biggest threat to our humanity, you are!! What a disgusting piece of garbage he really is!!

Pax
edit on 12/5/2015 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
follow up...

www.kurdistan24.net...

www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/Saudi-Arabia-to-host-Syrian-opposition-ahead-of-peace-talks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join